New York Magazine Article A tough pill to swallow, but a lot of truth

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://nymag.com/news/sports/45787/

First off, no this is not the worst team in proffessional sports history, and maybe not even the NBA's history, but for sure is the worst team in Knicks history.

Key points to the article: Isiah has no respect from the rest of the NBA.
The Knicks are known to have the smallest playbook in the league.
There are spies in MSG (boy is Malik lucky this article wasn't published Pre Walsh era!)
Steph has "dirt' on Isiah (I think Isiah smashed the St. Johns intern too)
David Stern without question appointed Donnie Walsh
We are screwed as far as cap for the next four years, because no league Exec wants Randolph (there is a quote that supports that) and Curry's heart is weak in every sense of the word.
Curry has a personal Chef and trainer to monitor his meals, and he still put on weight this season.
Oakley thinks Curry is fat
Kaman thinks Curry is slow and fat
Q has a temper
Jamal is Robin, not Batman
David Lee conducts interviews nude, while Steph makes sure he is fully dressed first before talking to reporters!
Walt and Mike Breen's opinions would have gotten them fired had they not been so popular (mainly Walt)
Gus Johnson will soon be fired ."Pause" LOL
And finally, a Western scout (Scott Layden most likely) says a lot of people in the league are having fun watching this happen to Isiah, although not the Knicks.

Anyways those are the cliff notes, enjoy the reading it is pretty accurate to our season!

stevie

Benchwarmer
Name another team with the highest payroll not to even make the playoffs. And continually lose the way they do and make bad trade. The Knicks for the past few years from top to bottom have been the worst franchise in the NBA and possibly all of sports.

Starks

Starter
http://nymag.com/news/sports/45787/

First off, no this is not the worst team in proffessional sports history, and maybe not even the NBA's history, but for sure is the worst team in Knicks history.

Key points to the article: Isiah has no respect from the rest of the NBA.
The Knicks are known to have the smallest playbook in the league.
There are spies in MSG (boy is Malik lucky this article wasn't published Pre Walsh era!)
Steph has "dirt' on Isiah (I think Isiah smashed the St. Johns intern too)
David Stern without question appointed Donnie Walsh
We are screwed as far as cap for the next four years, because no league Exec wants Randolph (there is a quote that supports that) and Curry's heart is weak in every sense of the word.
Curry has a personal Chef and trainer to monitor his meals, and he still put on weight this season.
Oakley thinks Curry is fat
Kaman thinks Curry is slow and fat
Q has a temper
Jamal is Robin, not Batman
David Lee conducts interviews nude, while Steph makes sure he is fully dressed first before talking to reporters!
Walt and Mike Breen's opinions would have gotten them fired had they not been so popular (mainly Walt)
Gus Johnson will soon be fired ."Pause" LOL
And finally, a Western scout (Scott Layden most likely) says a lot of people in the league are having fun watching this happen to Isiah, although not the Knicks.

Anyways those are the cliff notes, enjoy the reading it is pretty accurate to our season!

I printed this article and read it on the train ride back home to the bx. I gotta say that this was the most epic narrative I read on the Knicks this season. Gets some of the skeletons out the closet.

Every Knick fan should read this. It's required reading and your homework assignment. Keep this thread alive, the story warrants a discussion.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I think you hit it on the nail with calling it an epic narrative. I mean the author did not miss a beat, spoke of everything from the Zach Randolph play when he was arguing with the ref and missed his assignment, to that 0-5 West Coast trip that was the back breaker of the season.

Starks

Starter
Zach Randolph really looks like a horrible human being in this story.

Getting into a fight and showing up the next game 30mins before game? Then he says, "I just usually take 7 practice shots before the game anyway".

dre48ny

Rotation player
This quote is potent! Hard to win when there is no D!!! Great article.

"Isiah?s four big-ticket imports aren?t merely ill-disciplined and brittle in adversity. (?For the money they make, they shouldn?t be so sensitive,? says Penny Marshall, a loyal regular.) What kills the team is that its highest-paid players are literally defenseless. They leak at the perimeter and get deluged inside. Opponents shoot 47 percent from the field, third highest in the league. ?There?s not one thing they do good defensively that?s going to take you out of your game plan,? says an Eastern Conference scout. While Thomas may rank low as a bench tactician (?bottom third, and that?s being polite,? the scout says), he?s done his greatest mischief as a fantasy-league refugee. His roster affronts the NBA?s bedrock principle: Offense wins games, but defense wins championships."<!--end paragraph-->

Starks

Starter
This story should be an HBO Movie. I'm very serious.

I would be a great film about how a proud franchise goes down the toilet.

Thomas- Denzel Washington
Steph- The black dude from Clueless, or Fredro Star
Eddy- The fat kid that is gona play Biggie in that film coming out
Malik- Morgan Freenman
Jamal- Omar Epps
Zach- MC Eight
Herb Williams- starring himself since no one can hold a clipboard like Herb can. NO ONE

who else?, keep it going guys...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This story should be an HBO Movie. I'm very serious.

I would be a great film about how a proud franchise goes down the toilet.

Thomas- Denzel Washington
Steph- The black dude from Clueless, or Fredro Star
Eddy- The fat kid that is gona play Biggie in that film coming out
Malik- Morgan Freenman
Jamal- Omar Epps
Zach- MC Eight
Herb Williams- starring himself since no one can hold a clipboard like Herb can. NO ONE

who else?, keep it going guys...

Renaldo Balkman - Theo Huxtable (Malcolm Jamal Warner)
malcolm_jamal_warner.jpg

Last edited: