Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Official NBA Lottery Thread

Superstar

The Celtics tanked the entire season, along with the grizzlies, and look where it got them, stop harping on the 3 game win streak, in the end its a game of chance, period. And I am of the assumption if we cant get one of the 1st two picks, we should trade the pick a-la Boston in a sick ass trade where the come back wth talent, AND are able to rid theirseves with a big contract

Originally Posted by lilman_bklyn
    The Celtics tanked the entire season, along with the grizzlies, and look where it got them, stop harping on the 3 game win streak, in the end its a game of chance, period. And I am of the assumption if we cant get one of the 1st two picks, we should trade the pick a-la Boston in a sick ass trade where the come back wth talent, AND are able to rid theirseves with a big contract
    The fact that in previous years teams that tanked their season only ended up not getting the no.1 pick is something we can't count on. The 3 game streak was really a big blow. As you have said it's a game of chance but some teams have better chances than others, and they DO play a big role. And considering how abysmal our past seasons are, I don't think settling for at least a top8 pick will do. If we land at least the top2 pick, that will put a big big smile on my face. I would agree with you though about trading the pick and that would be if we go worse than the 3rd pick. But I wouldn't want to get some unproven veteran in return like Zach Randolph. I actually wouldn't bite on Jermaine O'neal too. I'd rather get some young players like Josh Smith and Emeka Okafor. Or in a crazy trade for Amare (yup its crazy!). You just don't know, there has been rumors before the season that this is their last attempt with this group to win the Championship before they start all over. But with the Marion-for-Shaq trade, maybe things have changed. Oh well it was just a crazy idea anyway.

Let's hope Knicks lose to Indiana (though I have this bad feeling Knicks would win). And Memphis wins against BOTH Portland and the Nuggests (hopefully Nuggests starters rest during that game), Clippers win against EITHER Hornets (very unlikely) or Rockets (quite unlikely), and Timberwolves win against BOTH Detroit (possible with Pistons starters resting) and the Bucks (very possible too).

We still have a very slim chance of having the 3rd worst record tied with Minnesota.