Tough January

rady

Administrator
Staff member
http://www.nytimes.com/2002/12/30/sports/basketball/30KNIC.html

This already trying season for the Knicks could soon get worse, turning it into a countdown to the draft lottery. After playing host to the San Antonio Spurs tonight at Madison Square Garden, the Knicks begin their most challenging stretch of the season, when they play 18 games in 31 days during January.
It is a staggering timetable in which the Knicks will have only one two-day break the entire month. Otherwise, they will play every other day or on back-to-back days.
Coach Don Chaney believes January will be the defining portion of the season, determining whether the Knicks will make a run at a playoff spot or prove to be a candidate for the LeBron James sweepstakes. Despite being 9-17, they are just two and a half games out of the eighth and final berth in the Eastern Conference.

these guys still hope for a playoff spot? :lol:
all this asside, i must agree with don chaney, this will be a nightmare month (if he wants the po 2), but could also be an opportunity to lose games, and get closer to a better draft!!

Swifftey

Benchwarmer
i think the toronto win has somehow made this january month a little bit softer
and the playoffs? i think we got some small chances but worthless

allan20

Benchwarmer
we are in a rebuilding stage! this can be our opportunity to lose games, but it looks like we cannot take advantage of it

rady

Administrator
Staff member
saw last night some parts form the game
we could won it!!
but othella blew it, and so did allan
we're just losing our concentration in the 4th :evil: