Is Mark Jackson right for the Knicks?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
jimkcchief88 kept it real. That's usually how it works on a college level. I don't think that strategy will work with Jackson since he is so beloved by media and media affectively influences public opinion, that it will be hard for Walsh to fire Jackson in three years. No, I do not believe Jackson will be hired as a scapegoat and I don't think that was the premise of Kiyaman's argument. But even on a college level the 'scapegoat' usually has a few years of coaching experience. You don't see UCLA hiring Dick Vital.

D'Antoni may have a deal pending with Chicago according to ESPN. Not sure where Avery stands.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Coaches

Although I am not fully in step with his primacy on "experience," donchris makes some very good points. Jackson would be something of a gamble and the Knicks should be reluctant to gamble. However, I do not like the selection of fired or to be fired coaches. D'Antoni's style does not fit the players the Knicks have. Johnson really does not have that much experience and he -- and his voice -- are just not "New York." But donchris is right about pointing to Thibodeau. He has tons of experience at every level of coaching. I would like Jackson at least as an assistant coach, but I doubt he would take the position. What about General Manager? We already have Walsh to make all the final decisions and Jackson can be groomed as his replacement when Walsh retires.

On the importance of experience, donchris -- does that mean you are going to vote for Hillary rather than Barack?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Although I am not fully in step with his primacy on "experience," donchris makes some very good points. Jackson would be something of a gamble and the Knicks should be reluctant to gamble. However, I do not like the selection of fired or to be fired coaches. D'Antoni's style does not fit the players the Knicks have. Johnson really does not have that much experience and he -- and his voice -- are just not "New York." But donchris is right about pointing to Thibodeau. He has tons of experience at every level of coaching. I would like Jackson at least as an assistant coach, but I doubt he would take the position. What about General Manager? We already have Walsh to make all the final decisions and Jackson can be groomed as his replacement when Walsh retires.

On the importance of experience, donchris -- does that mean you are going to vote for Hillary rather than Barack?

:aplause:haaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa. Ah, no! Apples and Oranges my friend. Apples and Oranges.