View Poll Results: Who should the Knicks draft?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Derrick Rose

6 50.00%
  • Brook Lopez

2 16.67%
  • Anthony Randolph

0 0%
  • Eric Gordon

0 0%
  • Hasheem Thabeet

0 0%
  • DJ Augustin

0 0%
  • OJ Mayo

2 16.67%
  • DeAndre Jordan

0 0%
  • Michael Beasley

2 16.67%
  • Other

0 0%

Thread: 2008 NBA Draft is June 26th, Who should Knicks Draft?

Hybrid View

KnicksonLIN.com

Default 2008 NBA Draft is June 26th, Who should Knicks Draft?

The NBA Draft is just 2 months away. That means the Knicks organization has 2 months to decide which draft prospect they would like to acquire. These are some of the prospects that will most likely end up in the NBA:

Eric Gordon
    Height:6'4
    Weight: 215 lbs.
    Position(s):PG/SG
    2007-2008 College Stats:20.9 points per game, 43.3% field goals
    3.3 rebounds, 2.4 assists, 3.6 turnovers

Anthony Randolph
    Height: 6'11
    Weight: 220 lbs.
    Position(s): PF/SF
    2007-2008 College Stats:
    15.6 points per game, 46.4% field goals
    8.5 rebounds per game, 2.3 blocks per game, 1.1 steals, 3.0 turnovers

Michael Beasley
    Height: 6'10
    Weight: 235lbs.
    Position(s): PF
    2007-2008 College Stats:
    26.2 points per game, 12.4 rebounds, 1.6 blocks

DJ Augustin
    Height: 6'0
    Weight: 180 lbs.
    Position: PG
    2007-2008 College Stats:
    19.2 points per game, 5.8 assists, 2.9 turnovers

OJ Mayo
    Height: 6'5
    Weight: 200 lbs.
    Position(s): SG/PG
    2007-2008 College Stats:
    20.7 points per game, 4.5 rebounds, 3.3 assists, 3.5 turnovers, 1.5 steals

Kevin Love
    Height: 6'10
    Position(s): C/PF
    2007-2008 college stats:
    17.5 points, 10.6 rebounds, 1.4 blocks

Derrick Rose
    Height: 6'3
    Weight:205 lbs.
    Position(s): PG
    2007-2008 College Stats:
    14.9 Points per game, 4.7 assists per game, 4.5 rebounds, 2.7 turnovers

Brook Lopez
    Height: 7'0
    Weight: 260 lbs.
    Position(s): C/PF
    2007-2008 College Stats:
    19.3 points, 8.2 rebounds, 2.1 blocks, 2.1 turnovers

Who should the Knicks draft? One of these prospects? Or maybe
    Jared Bayless PG/SG that averages 19 points and 4 assists?
    Or maybe the 7'0 Center, DeAndre Jordan?
    Or Maybe Center Hasheem Thabeet?

If we get the top pick, I'd pick Derrick Rose. I have a strong feeling he's going to have a bigger impact in the NBA than Beasley. He will be a great floor general and team leader. The rest of my picks by order of priority are:

2. Michael Beasley (This guy's a future All-Star and a franchise player like Rose, but I'm leaning more towards Derrick Rose.)
    3. OJ Mayo (Something tells me he might.. just maybe.. outplay Beasley and Rose during his rookie season and eventually live up to the hype that surrounded him throughout these years) -interesting fact though is he's gonna be 21 when the 08-09 season starts. Most if not all rookies drafted off their freshmen years are aged 19-20. That's almost 2 years lost.
    4. Jerryd Bayless
    5. Eric Gordon
    6. Brook Lopez (Something about this guy makes me feel like he won't play that well in the NBA, and never be an All-Star. Probably gonna be a starter for some NBA teams at best. But he's a top6 pick.)

I picked only until the 6th because I'm hoping we don't go lower than that during the lottery. If we get at least the 2nd pick, the Knicks ARE BACK! Oh yeah!

Now if only we could also get Josh Smith and Emeka Okafor and build a young core of players around them, then we're set.
    Last edited by lanceroy; Apr 25, 2008 at 02:55.

i want lopez in are team we need a big guy that could block make points and rebound with that we will have a good squad

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by knicksfancris
    i want lopez in are team we need a big guy that could block make points and rebound with that we will have a good squad
    I agree. I really want the Knicks to draft Michael Beasley or Brook Lopez. But if the Knicks draft Derrick Rose, they can still sign a free agent center and trade Curry.

This is who I think the Knicks should draft in order of priority:
    1. Michael Beasley
    2. Brook Lopez
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Anthony Randolph
    5. DJ Augustin

Nyk Logo

1. Rose
    2. Beasley
    3. Mayo
    4. Lopez
    5. Thabeet

I gotta admit right now im not thinkin about the draft, im thinkin.....well actually watchin the playoffs. Their off to a good start so far. I obviously have some homework to do before the draft but it will get done, i havent forgotten about the NBA fantasy draft game. I think once we know what pick we have Ill start watchin videos, reading what different websites say about the players. If we get the #1 pick I would pick Beasley and Rose would be my 2nd option.

Lurker

Default Best Solution

Considering that the Knicks have been bad for some yrs now and most New Yorkers are not into the term "rebuilding phase" this yrs draft is not the solution. If I was GM, hint hint, I would make the following trades to improve the Knicks immediately:

Should the Knicks get the number 1 or 2 pick:

1.) Trade Stephon for Allen Iverson, since it obvious the nuggets wont win with him and both have expiring contracts in 2009. Also Steph seems to play better in the west and Iverson is guranteed to be one of the highest sold jerseys if he comes to NY and never quits. Just dont make a trade with denver for Fools Gold, Carmelo Anthony.
    2.) Trade the 1 or 2 pick for Rudy Gay. I dont think Beasley or Rose are franchise players. Good players yes, franchise players no. Memphis will then have the ability to have #1 or #2 and probably #4 picks.
    3.)Trade Zach Randolph in a sign and trade for Elton Brand(throw in nate if neccessary). Should they not accept then do a combination of trades of Zach and Crawford or Curry, Crawford and Lee for Jermaine Oneal. Should the Clippers accept then still try the Oneal Trade
    4.) Once you get rid of David Lee who is high trade bait, pick up Najera and draft Walker from Kansas State in the second round to be your defensive stopper on other teams best 2 or 3.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by CJWALKER
    Considering that the Knicks have been bad for some yrs now and most New Yorkers are not into the term "rebuilding phase" this yrs draft is not the solution. If I was GM, hint hint, I would make the following trades to improve the Knicks immediately:

Should the Knicks get the number 1 or 2 pick:

1.) Trade Stephon for Allen Iverson, since it obvious the nuggets wont win with him and both have expiring contracts in 2009. Also Steph seems to play better in the west and Iverson is guranteed to be one of the highest sold jerseys if he comes to NY and never quits. Just dont make a trade with denver for Fools Gold, Carmelo Anthony.
    2.) Trade the 1 or 2 pick for Rudy Gay. I dont think Beasley or Rose are franchise players. Good players yes, franchise players no. Memphis will then have the ability to have #1 or #2 and probably #4 picks.
    3.)Trade Zach Randolph in a sign and trade for Elton Brand(throw in nate if neccessary). Should they not accept then do a combination of trades of Zach and Crawford or Curry, Crawford and Lee for Jermaine Oneal. Should the Clippers accept then still try the Oneal Trade
    4.) Once you get rid of David Lee who is high trade bait, pick up Najera and draft Walker from Kansas State in the second round to be your defensive stopper on other teams best 2 or 3.
    I think the best thing the Knicks should do is slowly rebuild. What you're thinking about doing is exactly what Isiah Thomas did. The Knicks don't need to get a bunch of big names. They need to draft quality players, trade players who are not being productive for expiring contracts, then sign some good free agents. That's how most teams rebuild, and that's how the Knicks should try to rebuild. Otherwise, it's going to be another Isiah Thomas situation.