George Karl as next head coach for the Knicks???

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Never gonna happen! Even the idea of Karl reaching out to Walsh for the Knicks coaching job is unfathomable. The whole article is full of crap actually. The only strong basis he's got is that "Carolina blood" but that won't do Karl nothing. And like I said I'd be amazed if he even attempts to contact Walsh for the job. His comments about wanting to be a part of New York which were 2 freakin' years ago should not be taken seriously or at least be used as reference. Heck a lot of coaches and players have said similar comments from years back. And at a coaching standpoint, George Karl has lost his touch. He's got experience but he's totally lost it. Just check Denver's underachieving performance for the past seasons. And I don't even want to start talking about defense. He's definitely the last coach the Knicks need at this point or ever.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This would be bad. As lanceroy mentioned defense has been a problem for the nuggets. I thought it was part of their style, similar to the warriors to try to outscore the other team without playing much defense. The nuggets were the 2nd worst team defensivley in the league during the regular season. I assumed once the playoffs began they would step it up and show more effort. Camby and KMart seem to be the only 2 playing defense, and Iverson at times. I have to blame this on George Karl. Its not like AI and Carmello are to slow to play defense. I think that George Karl is stickin with his regular season strategy of no defense, outscore the other team. Im suprised to see this from him and its dissapointing. Everyone knew the Lakers were gonna win this series but so far it hasnt been competitive. Thumbs down to George Karl. He was right when he called isiah a jackass but he himself is a jackass.

Kiyaman

Legend
This Post would not be up if this Forum had a Postseason Thread up.

George Karl has to be the worst postseason coach then all of the 16 coaches that entered the Playoffs this year.

Los Vegas money has been on a Phil Jackson sweep of George Karl. Lakers in 5.
At first I thought experts were comparing the Lakers Roster vs Denver Roster which to me are equally even.
But all talk has been on Coach Karl coaching technique since his first playoff game with Denver when player K-Mart said he was clueless. And the hard fight this season for the 8th seed with no defensive chemistry, and no halfcourt scoring plan that scores consistently each trip down the court.

George Karl been getting a Free Pass off of the expensive Nuggets roster.