Demitris Nichols is a free agent

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks need to hire a G.M. quickly so that some of the Knicks young players could advise him to give D.Nichols another shot.

Demitris Nichols would be the prime player for the Knicks roster next season if the Knicks keep young players Nate, Balkman, Chandler, Morris, and Lee. When you add or throw a D.Nichols in that young lineup you have a future hustling uptempo defensive young lineup that can compete with three pure peremeter shooters that will always have one open (Nichols, Chandler, and Nate).

Balkman bigbody down low gives Chandler & D.Nichols the oportunity to defend the passing lane which the two players does well together and with the proper defensive coaching will be able to excell in that department well.

The 6.8 Trio of "Balkman, Chandler, and D.Nichols" can hold down three positions together on both ends of the court (by switching) and would be a dangerous Trio to take off the bench at the same time.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
The Knicks need to hire a G.M. quickly so that some of the Knicks young players could advise him to give D.Nichols another shot.

Demitris Nichols would be the prime player for the Knicks roster next season if the Knicks keep young players Nate, Balkman, Chandler, Morris, and Lee. When you add or throw a D.Nichols in that young lineup you have a future hustling uptempo defensive young lineup that can compete with three pure peremeter shooters that will always have one open (Nichols, Chandler, and Nate).

Balkman bigbody down low gives Chandler & D.Nichols the oportunity to defend the passing lane which the two players does well together and with the proper defensive coaching will be able to excell in that department well.

The 6.8 Trio of "Balkman, Chandler, and D.Nichols" can hold down three positions together on both ends of the court (by switching) and would be a dangerous Trio to take off the bench at the same time.

are u demetris nichols himself??????cuz not even a agent can promote nichols better than u

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
are u demetris nichols himself??????cuz not even a agent can promote nichols better than u

LOL, He may be right. Makes since to me to force Jerome James into retirement and sign Nichols, or bring in Nichols and package him as trade bait. I'm sure Denver will be looking to make major changes now that they've been swept. Maybe we can get Marcus Camby back or Steve Hunter.

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks did not have a player on the court that was a deep peremeter shooting threat other than Nate that could stop teams from trippling their defenders & rebounders in the low post.
Teams did not waste defenders on Q.rich, Crawford, Jefferies, and Jones when they were 20 or more feet out from the basket shooting a 29% FG from the peremeter.

This Knick SL team will consist of the first round pick, PG-Collins, SF-Chandler, and maybe 6.11 Morris if his agent isnt out their searching for a SL team offersheet from the next team.

Who ever the Knicks draft the Knicks SL team will still need a decent peremeter shooter that will make defenders come outside on defense so the Knick team could show their swift skillz in an open court offense.

So putting "D.Nichols & Chandler" back together again in the SL games will make 6.11 Morris sign up for the Knicks SL team.
Giving each of these 3 players another chance to improve from last year SL team to a better Knick head coach.

mynameis

Benchwarmer
dude R. Morris chocked last season zeke gave him playing time but he chocked..We should forget abou nicholls he will be good in SL but in NBA game he wont...he did'nt last long in bulls and cavs...

Starks

Starter
I'm sorry, but can someone explain to me the reason why there are so many Nichols threads?

That boat's already sailed and sunk

dre48ny

Rotation player
I'm sorry, but can someone explain to me the reason why there are so many Nichols threads?

That boat's already sailed and sunk

Yeah I think the Knicks have to focus on getting rid fo some players before they add others. I think some moves will be made and the role players will be defined. Role players are key to successful teams. Robinson, Balkman, and Chandler have the potential to be avery strong nucleus as super subs. The problem is that we do not have a solid starting lineup. We don't even have a leader or a go to guy. The waiting game sucks, but that's our only option right now.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Demetris Nichols averaged 15.6 points per game, in the Summer League, as a member of the Knicks, and he averaged 18.9 points per game in college(led scorers in the big east tournament) and averaged 1 block and 1 steal (the Knicks could use a good defender). If Nichols accepts a 1 year contract with the Knicks, I wouldn't mind signing him. He was supposed to be a member of the Knicks to begin with, because Isiah Traded his 2008 second round pick for him, so why not give him a chance? However, I am not as crazy about Nichols as some other people on this site.

jzero29

Rotation player
Nichols threads a plenty

It symbolizes Isiahs terrible decisions, like not releasing rose or J.James to keep nichols who he traded a this years second round draft pick for. Look at chandler, he road the bench and when he did get time he produced.
I'd give Nichols another shot, and Morris never really had good playing time. Not with a good coach, not with a motivator. I'd give him a shot as well. We just have to clear the log jam at Center, can someone get ride of curry?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Aside from the possibility that kiyaman might be d nichols, I think we shoulda made room for this kid. We should re-sign him and buyout the 2 double J's (jerome james, jared jeffries)

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
isiah had a plan for demetris nichols, he planned for demetris nichols to go overseas, bust ass out there and then bring em back this summer, nichols should fire his agent, MOVE ON man

metrocard

Legend
isiah had a plan for demetris nichols, he planned for demetris nichols to go overseas, bust ass out there and then bring em back this summer, nichols should fire his agent, MOVE ON man

Isiah isn't here, you're forbidden use such a curse and foul language like that; MOVE ON!

Kiyaman

Legend

The Knicks been needing a deep Peremeter Shooter with Demetris Nichols skillz.

The truth is that was Isiah Thomas plan on draft night for D.Nichols.
In the SL games D.Nichols overall talent out shined that of Wilson Chandler by playing the two & three position with heart and accuracy.
D.Nichols was the right player to keep around Wilson Chandler so their growth in the NBA will keep improving.

When the Preseason games started with none of the players that were on the Knicks SL team was added in the preseason rotation, but used as garbage time at the end of each game to give playingtime to Jones, Jefferies, Malik, and Lee.
After watching the Knicks rotation in all of the Preseason Games it was easy to analyze that the Knicks were another 30 Win season team with Marbury.
Zach Randolph and Fred Jones adding nothing to the previous Knicks lineup.

Having a 3-pointshooter with D.Nichols skillz would have changed alot of things on this Knick 2007-8 team.

GetRealistic

Starter
Since when did D.Nichols become fierce defender? Syracuse known for its 2-3 zone they rarely and i mean rarely ever match up man to man.

I can't really think of any Syracuse players that are solid defenders. Ronnie Siekley, Derrick Coleman, Melo, are all bad defenders. The only decent one i can think of off the top of my head is Hakim Warrick and he's average at best he's more of a help defender. Maybe I'm forgetting people but Syracus is a far from a school that produces defenders.

And Kiya you got to let the summer league go. Freakin Rick Brunson put up numbers in the summer league. If Nichoes demostrated so much potential how come he couldn't catch on with the Cavs (who desperately needed another shooter) and the Bulls (were almost as bad as the Knicks).

Nicholes screwed himself, he couldn't went to Europe and he said no.

Kiyaman

Legend
Since when did D.Nichols become fierce defender? Syracuse known for its 2-3 zone they rarely and i mean rarely ever match up man to man.

I can't really think of any Syracuse players that are solid defenders. Ronnie Siekley, Derrick Coleman, Melo, are all bad defenders. The only decent one i can think of off the top of my head is Hakim Warrick and he's average at best he's more of a help defender. Maybe I'm forgetting people but Syracus is a far from a school that produces defenders.

And Kiya you got to let the summer league go. Freakin Rick Brunson put up numbers in the summer league. If Nichoes demostrated so much potential how come he couldn't catch on with the Cavs (who desperately needed another shooter) and the Bulls (were almost as bad as the Knicks).

Nicholes screwed himself, he couldn't went to Europe and he said no.

Somehow going to Syracuse in New York D.Nichols knew what the Knicks were lacking the most of in their backcourt. He practice the entire summer on fitting in and co-existing with Lee, Balkman, and Nate chemistry in scrimage games. He picked up well on defending the passing lane and defending the peremeter (he did his homework on the Knicks). With 6.8 Balkman at the SF, 6.8 Nichols practice hard in the offseason at the SG position at defending the peremeter to make this Knick Team.
Alot of Knick Players was not happy with Isiah for picking Jones over Nichols. However, Isiah made his decision on D.Nichols on draft night.

I will agree that D.Nichols should've spent a year overseas even if his performance was much better than players Fred Jones, Kover, JJ Reddick, and Serbiack.

If D.Nichols was picked by the Cavs in the draft and spent time with Gibson in the Cavs SL Games, It would've been real hard for the Cavs to resign their best FG% peremeter shooter Pavilon to a knew contract.
The Cavs was forced to release D.Nichols to resign Pavilon & Varegao.

Do not mention the Chicago Bulls situation with signing D.Nichols, that organization is going backwards and may lose Ben Gordon and Deng this offseason to FA.

Kiyaman

Legend
d.nichols is a poor man demarr johnson...

No!
D.Nichols (Peremeter Shooting) is the bench role-player you bring into the game to open up the court for C-Curry low post moves and PG-Marbury tight coverage from slashing.
The tall 6.8 D.Nichols is the player that adds three to four passes to the Knicks offense rather than the 10 to 18 seconds of dribbling from Marbury or Crawford.

At one time Curry used to get doubled and trippled team down in the low-post teaching him to draw the double while keeping the ball over his head to pass back out was the play to be drawed-up for the offense this season.

The Knicks rebounding PF David Lee was supposed to get minutes at the SF position in every game to out manuever oponents SF for the offensive rebound.

Having Curry & Lee pass the ball to a 6.8 SG-D.Nichols to shoot from the outside is what this team been lacking.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
No!
D.Nichols (Peremeter Shooting) is the bench role-player you bring into the game to open up the court for C-Curry low post moves and PG-Marbury tight coverage from slashing.
The tall 6.8 D.Nichols is the player that adds three to four passes to the Knicks offense rather than the 10 to 18 seconds of dribbling from Marbury or Crawford.

At one time Curry used to get doubled and trippled team down in the low-post teaching him to draw the double while keeping the ball over his head to pass back out was the play to be drawed-up for the offense this season.

The Knicks rebounding PF David Lee was supposed to get minutes at the SF position in every game to out manuever oponents SF for the offensive rebound.

Having Curry & Lee pass the ball to a 6.8 SG-D.Nichols to shoot from the outside is what this team been lacking.

No offense Kiyaman. I actually like how you post, and I'm not even an "elite poster" in this site, but umm aren't you surrounding this Demetris Nichols with too much hype? He seems like someone who'd end up as a career journeyman to me, or I could be wrong.

As odd as it is to quote a lurker, mynameis actually reminded me of an earlier time in this site. And I actually see some similarities with this love for Nichols. Back in the 2003 season, some of the posters here (and they seem to be long gone now), myself included, were posting requests on threads to have Dermarr start for the Knicks. There was too much hype from this site thinking that he could be a big factor in turning the team around. Unfortunately he didn't get to start and unfortunately for the posters, Dermarr didn't deserve the hype as well. We all know what happened to his career afterwards, right? LOL! But I guess that time the current roster was just too much to bear and the losing wasn't a thing we were used to, which led to a demand for Dermarr to start as funny as it is to remember right now. I can't really say for sure of course but I have a strange feeling Nichols is gonna end up the same way. But hey if he comes cheap, and i mean VERY cheap, then what the hell, why not, right?

Kiyaman

Legend
No offense Kiyaman. I actually like how you post, and I'm not even an "elite poster" in this site, but umm aren't you surrounding this Demetris Nichols with too much hype? He seems like someone who'd end up as a career journeyman to me, or I could be wrong.

As odd as it is to quote a lurker, mynameis actually reminded me of an earlier time in this site. And I actually see some similarities with this love for Nichols. Back in the 2003 season, some of the posters here (and they seem to be long gone now), myself included, were posting requests on threads to have Dermarr start for the Knicks. There was too much hype from this site thinking that he could be a big factor in turning the team around. Unfortunately he didn't get to start and unfortunately for the posters, Dermarr didn't deserve the hype as well. We all know what happened to his career afterwards, right? LOL! But I guess that time the current roster was just too much to bear and the losing wasn't a thing we were used to, which led to a demand for Dermarr to start as funny as it is to remember right now. I can't really say for sure of course but I have a strange feeling Nichols is gonna end up the same way. But hey if he comes cheap, and i mean VERY cheap, then what the hell, why not, right?

Yes' that does happen to alot of Pro-ballers, we see them in the Ball Park or hear about them overseas. I met alot that gave up on their dream early because of the Politics in the NBA.

The only problem that alot of Knick-Fans did not notice was Channing Frye presence on the Knicks made David Lee, Balkman, and Jackie Butler Performance improve drastically.

Demetris Nichols and Wilson Chandler competed so hard vs each other that their talent and skillz combined together as a SG and SF that co-exist with each other 100 times better than Zach & Curry, or Jones & Marbury.
D.Nichols & Chandler made each other overall talents better players at 6.8, and the future of the two together would've showed alot of improvement to come.
It was Isiah call. To me Demitris Nichols was the best player out of the Frye and Francis trade. and the 23 Win season says I was right.

How well D.Nichols do on the next team with the next player is a different story. I know as a SG for the Knicks D.Nichols co-existed well with Nate, Balkman, Chandler, and Morris under alot of team-ball situations, where D.Nichols performance bailed the Knicks out with his overall performance.

I actually believe that 6.11 Jackie Butler would still be in the league if the Knicks would've resigned him and let him finish training at Mark Aquire Bigman gym against Curry and James. We seen the slow improvement in Jackie Butler performance alongside ........
The frontcourt TRIO of C-Butler, PF-Frye, and SF-Lee, had a raw chemistry that upset Phoenix, Detroit, and Washington frontcourt players for the WIN.

Last edited: