New coaching options emerge: Avery, Mike D, Sam Mitchell, Flip

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Whats goin on? Walsh should have hired a GM, and a coach by now, I guess he is waiting until the playoffs are officially over. Larry Brown got hired to the Charlotte Bobcats by the way. Knicks need a defensive coach.. and the whole team needs to be traded with the exception of Marbury, Nate and David Lee.

metrocard

Legend
Knicks need a coach who knows how to develop young players and TEACH. A coach with patience who enforces strong work ethic and a guy with high standards for his players.

STOP LOOKING AT NAMES...its more than just the name. Larry Brown sucked cock in New York because he wasn't the right fit for the type of team Knicks had, or whatever you called that disaster Isiah created.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Knicks need a coach who knows how to develop young players and TEACH. A coach with patience who enforces strong work ethic and a guy with high standards for his players.

STOP LOOKING AT NAMES...its more than just the name. Larry Brown sucked cock in New York because he wasn't the right fit for the type of team Knicks had, or whatever you called that disaster Isiah created.
lol To this day, I don't know one thing the Knicks are good at. They have no defense. They sometimes go through long droughts without scoring. 70% of the players are 1 dimensional. The players that aren't 1 dimensional are inconsistent. The "team" rarely plays as a team(30th in the NBA in assists per game). There is no team chemistry, because some of the players like to run up and down the floor, and other players like to post up in the half court. 3/5 of the Knick starting lineup has players who are overweight. Half of the Knick roster can't shoot free throws, and 1/4 of the Knick roster has problems making layups and shooting wide open jump shots.

Last edited:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
lol To this day, I don't know one thing the Knicks are good at. They have no defense. They sometimes go through long droughts without scoring. 70% of the players are 1 dimensional. The players that aren't 1 dimensional are inconsistent. The "team" rarely plays as a team(30th in the NBA in assists per game). There is no team chemistry, because some of the players like to run up and down the floor, and other players like to post up in the half court. 3/5 of the Knick starting lineup has players who are overweight. Half of the Knick roster can't shoot free throws, and 1/4 of the Knick roster has problems making layups and shooting wide open jump shots.

It doesn't take much talent to play defense, just effort and attention to detail. If you can read the offense, stick with your man and keep your hands up, you're good. Thomas didn't enforce this. He was too caught up with his own bullshit. Marbury had one of his best defensive seasons two years ago and Crawford had a good one three years ago when Brown was coaching. A new voice that doesn't mind benching Richardson and Curry (if not trading them) and understand the ins and outs of defense can change this team. With a few trading tweaks the Knicks can become competitive again.

If we keep Marbury the best bet is to keep Crawford and Randolph unless some fool of a GM is willing to give us young talent for him, trade Curry for a defensively competent center. The right coach can work with Randolph's defensive wows. Curry is hopeless.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It doesn't take much talent to play defense, just effort and attention to detail. If you can read the offense, stick with your man and keep your hands up, you're good. Thomas didn't enforce this. He was too caught up with his own bullshit. Marbury had one of his best defensive seasons two years ago and Crawford had a good one three years ago when Brown was coaching. A new voice that doesn't mind benching Richardson and Curry (if not trading them) and understand the ins and outs of defense can change this team. With a few trading tweaks the Knicks can become competitive again.

If we keep Marbury the best bet is to keep Crawford and Randolph unless some fool of a GM is willing to give us young talent for him, trade Curry for a defensively competent center. The right coach can work with Randolph's defensive wows. Curry is hopeless.
Good post, doncris. I agree. I think that the Knicks are capable of playing defense, but Isiah never enforced it. Like I said on a different thread, Isiah starts the players with the biggest salaries, not the ones with the most heart and talent. If the next coach of the Knicks sticks to a defensive philosophy, and if he starts the guys that perform the best, rather than the guys with the big names, I can see the Knicks winning 30-33 games next year. If not, then the Knicks will get another 23 win season. The Knicks seriously need to get rid of Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry. Both of those guys regressed tremendously from last year. Mardy Collins, Jared Jeffries, and Jerome James have also got to go, so that the Knicks could sign some free agents.

George M.

Benchwarmer

I agree donchris.The 2 best candidates to bring back defense to this franchise are Tom Thibodeau or Avery Johnson.I'm not sure Mark Jackson could bring a defensive mentality to this team.