Best and Worst Celebratory Gestures in the NBA

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
LOL! This thread is just for fun. The current first round of the playoffs inspired me to start this thread. Share other gestures I haven't mentioned or comment or give your own ratings for what I'll be mentioning. These are gestures players do after making a great play.

Coolest Gestures:

Dikembe Mutombo's finger wag (coolest taunt for the ages)

2johnson.jpg

LJ's "L" gesture (a knick should at least make the list)

Most Entertaining Gesture:

Antoine Walker's mini-wiggle/shimmy -what's makes it more entertaining is he changes it up from time to time. With the Heat, he did the shimmy when he was lying on the floor!

Most Unique Gesture:
Stromile Swift's flapping wings (weird but unique)

Most Hillarious Gesture:
Sam Cassell's giant coconuts during the 2006 Playoffs (LOL! I hope he does it again this year) -can't seem to find a photo or video of this

Best One-time Gestures:
33m8s2d.jpg

Deshawn Stevenson making the diamond cutter/ROC sign followed by a slashing of the throat. (Deshawn's the man!) And you've also got to love that swagger he does. -credit to MSGKnickz33 for the pic

miller_with_no_ball08.jpg

Reggie Miller doing the choke at Spike Lee after burning us for 25 points in the 4th quarter during the 1994 East Finals. (remember this? LOL!)

Dumbest Gesture:
Al Horford curling both arms towards his chest while staring at his biceps as he struts down the court (dumb cos he does it even if his team is down 17 points)

Classic Gesture:
Of course none other than Jordan's clenched fist after a buzzerbeater. Kobe's been replicating it during the past couple of years as well.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Great thread lanceroy.

Im biased, i gotta go with deshawn stevenson since im a lebron james and jay-z hater. Biases aside, i think dikembes finger wave is my favorite gesture followed by LJ. Antoine Walker might have the best with his shimmy. Reggie Miller and Michael Jordon lost.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Thanks MSGKnickz33. We may be on opposite ends of the worlds with regards to KG and/or the Celtics, but I'm definitely one with ya on Lebron. Ten or so years from now, Deshawn's menacing signal would be tops on someone's list of best all-time gestures. That was the bomb!

Will be updating my initial post once I get to find pics/videos especially Sam Cassel's giant coconuts. LOL! Hope others can share other gestures I haven't noted yet.

Starks

Starter
Andrew's selfclap hands down

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc11PUnFgkQ&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Zc11PUnFgkQ&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
Great thread lanceroy.

Im biased, i gotta go with deshawn stevenson since im a lebron james and jay-z hater. Biases aside, i think dikembes finger wave is my favorite gesture followed by LJ. Antoine Walker might have the best with his shimmy. Reggie Miller and Michael Jordon lost.
yo msg i hace a ? if lebron james deciades to como with the knicks will u be happy

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
yo msg i hace a ? if lebron james deciades to como with the knicks will u be happy

I guess so but i really didnt like his disrespect for what marburys doin with his shoes. He dissaproved of it, how does this make the less fortunate kids feel who cant afford a $100 pair of lebron lames shoes? Hes only concerned with riches like his homo f@g friend jigga.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
2283735135_40d0ce9811_o.gif

Lebra lost

LOL! Where the hell did you dig up this vid? And who made it? Is he like a look-alike or what? Lebron sucks!

Andrew's selfclap hands down

What the hell was he doing? Haha. Nice find. I've never really watched a Bucks game. That was hillarious! Did he rather high five some invisible friends of his cos his teammates didn't want to? Or was he practicing his defense? That looked weird. That could unseat Horford for dumbest gesture. LOL!

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
I guess so but i really didnt like his disrespect for what marburys doin with his shoes. He dissaproved of it, how does this make the less fortunate kids feel who cant afford a $100 pair of lebron lames shoes? Hes only concerned with riches like his homo f@g friend jigga.
but my dude i just want to see the knicks make it some where and with lebron we will be a top team like before look imagine a compination of marbry with lebron and lee and if we have him a think zach we be a team player and crawford could be a good back up shoter for lebron

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
Lebron can go ahead and have a ball selling himself out for money, real ppl like marbury make a difference. ever since lebron disrespected marbury ive grown a hatred for lebron. All the chainz and earings and whips dont mean a thing, if you dont help out other pppl who got you to where you are. go ahead and bowl a few games in your zillion dollar mansion, dont worry about the kids from your old neighborhood. im gunna calm down and end this reply.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
garnett.jpg

539w.jpg

img.203063_t.jpg

GarNOt is also known for running away from players, here a list:

Tim Duncan
Antonio Mcdyess
Anthony Peeler (didnt get chance to run, Gay G got snuffed)
Zaza Pachulia

The only player garnett ever stood up to was some rookie that he punched in practice when playing for Minnesota. Garnett lost for standing up to a rookie and no one else. My list is probably missing a couple names.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I couldn't stand Mark Jackson's shimmy even though it was pretty funny.

LOL! I forgot about that one. I especially hated it when he was with the Pacers. The way he does the shimmy strutting down the court was an infuriating version of Walker's. I really hated the Pacers that time. I wonder if someone else did the shimmy before Mark Jackson.

pat

Starter
What the hell was he doing? Haha. Nice find. I've never really watched a Bucks game. That was hillarious! Did he rather high five some invisible friends of his cos his teammates didn't want to? Or was he practicing his defense? That looked weird. That could unseat Horford for dumbest gesture. LOL!

That is not a gesture. The guy is a poor free throw shooter and he wants to stay in his routine after a flagrant foul and usually there are people giving him high fives. I agree that it looks stupid, though.