what i want

stevie

Benchwarmer
I want to see Mike D coach.
Jackson and Ewing as assistants.
Trade down as long as we don't have pick 1 or 2 and get 2 draft pics
Take Denadre Jordan and in the late 20's Serge Ibaka.
All of a sudden we have two atheltic monsters at the 4 and 5 who can run up and down the court. Leave these two to Ewing.

Next year Ricky Rubio Leave him to Jackson.

all of a sudden we have a great floor general with two atheletic huge options in 2 years.

What do you think?

dre48ny

Rotation player
I simply want our cap situation corrected.
I want our center and power forward positions corrected.
I want a top 5 PG.
I want Mark jackson and Ewing to be involved in the coaching staff in some fashion.
I want a playoff team!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn it!!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
What I dont want

Colangelo, Dantoni, and any other soft gms/coaches. colangelo can put together great offensive teams but we seen the sons get sonned time and time again by the spurs, who play great defense.

Lets get tough defensive minded people in here, lets bring it back to the 1990s hardcore F*ck you ill jump ya moms knicks who didnt let no one step on them. Thats what we gotta take it back to.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
Colangelo, Dantoni, and any other soft gms/coaches. colangelo can put together great offensive teams but we seen the sons get sonned time and time again by the spurs, who play great defense.

Lets get tough defensive minded people in here, lets bring it back to the 1990s hardcore F*ck you ill jump ya moms knicks who didnt let no one step on them. Thats what we gotta take it back to.
yes my dude i fianley agrre with you dog

lol yeah good way to put it.

I dont want d'antoni as coach. Look what he's done in phoenix. he's MR. ALMOST. Never won a championship with all that talent over there.

New New York

Quiet Storm
What I want

A team the resmbles the 99 Knicks! Or even better the 94 Knicks!

I want Zach's contract off the books, either that or he starts to play D like a PF that is going to earn 40 mil over the next three seasons

I want Eddy Curry to realize he is a CENTER, not a SF who can play in the Post

I want Jamal Crawford to show some common sense in his shot selection, and become the player he is capable of becoming!

I want Jerome to opt out

I want a real player in this year's draft, not another Channing Frye, John Wallace, or Fredric Weis

I want Mark Jackson or Herb as coach, with Ewing and Oakley on the bench with them. The Knicks are the only franchise that don't empower former players

I just want to be a winning team again!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I want Tom Thibodeau (pronounced Ti bo dayou) as coach.
I want Clyde Frazier, Pat Ewing and Herb Williams on his coaching staff.
I want Marbury to be Starbury again and accept his role as a third scoring option behind Randolph and Crawford. (Get his shots last)
I want better defensive role players and shot blockers.
Most of all I want the Knicks to be competitive and finally, while I'm still a young adult win a championship, and then win a few more.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I want to see Mike D coach.
Jackson and Ewing as assistants.
Trade down as long as we don't have pick 1 or 2 and get 2 draft pics
Take Denadre Jordan and in the late 20's Serge Ibaka.
All of a sudden we have two atheltic monsters at the 4 and 5 who can run up and down the court. Leave these two to Ewing.

Next year Ricky Rubio Leave him to Jackson.

all of a sudden we have a great floor general with two atheletic huge options in 2 years.

What do you think?

OK, I finally understand what everybody is talking about considering Ricky Rubio.

Holy crap!! Forget Derrick Rose, we must tank next season to get this kid. I could see Ricky Rubio and David Lee running the pick and roll really well together. I can see it now..."Lee sets the pick, and Rubio cuts and passes back to Lee for the slam!!"

This past year I have noticed Lee running the pick and roll really well. The only problem is that he's never had a point guard that can run it worth a damn.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
I want the Knicks to rebuild around Nate, Wilson, Lee, & Balkman...I want the Knicks to trade their players for expiring contracts, I want the Knicks to draft a potential superstar and that will be a franchise player, and I want some good known characters around the coaching staff

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Ricky Rubio is definately a talented passer. Above it all he still has a max potential in all levels of his game. Driving, Shooting, and defensive awareness. This player is a first pick overall in the draft next year.

metrocard

Legend
The NBA isn't how it is like it was in the 90's...forget about the 99 Knicks, we need to build a new era that promises excellence, work ethic, and skilled basketball players who play for the win instead of themselves.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What I want:
Eddy Curry Traded
Quentin Richardson traded or waived
Jerome James waived
Mardy Collins Traded
Jared Jeffries traded or waived
Patrick Ewing as Head Coach and Mark Jackson as assistant coach
To draft Michael Beasley, Brook Lopez, or Derrick Rose
To make the playoffs next season
To improve defensively, as a team
For Marbury to bust ass and shake off all the haters

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
What I want:
Eddy Curry Traded
Quentin Richardson traded or waived
Jerome James waived
Mardy Collins Traded
Jared Jeffries traded or waived
Patrick Ewing as Head Coach and Mark Jackson as assistant coach
To draft Michael Beasley, Brook Lopez, or Derrick Rose
To make the playoffs next season
To improve defensively, as a team
For Marbury to bust ass and shake off all the haters
I dont think it matters what marbury does, most of his haters will always be haters. F*ck haters :confused: :redface:

Kiyaman

Legend
What would happen if Walsh let announcer Clyde Walt Frazier train PG-Mardy Collins throughout the offseason?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I think every guard on the knicks (including marbury) can learn alot from walt frazier, every guard in the league for that matter. Clyde would probably be willing to take the time to work with the knicks guards too. Its just a matter of asking him instead of relying on the head coach/assistant coaches. It was early january of the 2006-07 season when Clyde talked to Marbury and i saw a new marbury with a better attitude. As a broadcaster clyde says the right things, as a player he did the right things.

The old school mentality>>>the swag of todays athletes

moneyg

Starter
i want a d minded coach,
marbury contract to expire onits own
keep z bo
get artest
sign diop away form nj
buy out james
trade anybody else for future draft picks
if we cant get rose or beasly trade down and get 2 pick so we can get darren collinson (ball hawk - 50% from 3pt)

marbury/collinson
crawford/nate
artest/balkman
zach/lee
diop/dorsey
u have to keep d at the 5 in order to maximize zach at the 4
most people forget that the reason why curry was so good in chi-town
was that he played next to t. chandler

CJWALKER

Rookie
Considering that the Knicks have been bad for some yrs now and most New Yorkers are not into the term "rebuilding phase" this yrs draft is not the solution. If I was GM, hint hint, I would make the following trades to improve the Knicks immediately:

Should the Knicks get the number 1 or 2 pick:

1.) Trade Stephon for Allen Iverson, since it obvious the nuggets wont win with him and both have expiring contracts in 2009. Also Steph seems to play better in the west and Iverson is guranteed to be one of the highest sold jerseys if he comes to NY and never quits. Just dont make a trade with denver for Fools Gold, Carmelo Anthony.
2.) Trade the 1 or 2 pick for Rudy Gay. I dont think Beasley or Rose are franchise players. Good players yes, franchise players no. Memphis will then have the ability to have #1 or #2 and probably #4 picks.
3.)Trade Zach Randolph in a sign and trade for Elton Brand(throw in nate if neccessary). Should they not accept then do a combination of trades of Zach and Crawford or Curry, Crawford and Lee for Jermaine Oneal. Should the Clippers accept then still try the Oneal Trade
4.) Once you get rid of David Lee who is high trade bait, pick up Najera and draft Walker from Kansas State in the second round to be your defensive stopper on other teams best 2 or 3.

If the knick get a low pick, go with alexander from west virginia who is better offensively than Lee and jumps just as high and both are semi slow footed. The difference is Lee is high value trade bait and alexander doesnt effect your salary cap for the next couple of yrs like lee will do right now. As for the rubio kid, I want to see him deeing someone up for long periods of time and a man pressing him tight. I am not sold on european players being good on ball defenders, so if you get him he is no different than marbury and crawford who play no defense. He is only good if you have a shot blocker insider once he gets beat.

pat

Starter
What would happen if Walsh let announcer Clyde Walt Frazier train PG-Mardy Collins throughout the offseason?

Collins would talk of "swishin' and dishin'" in interviews?

As for the rubio kid, I want to see him deeing someone up for long periods of time and a man pressing him tight. I am not sold on european players being good on ball defenders, so if you get him he is no different than marbury and crawford who play no defense. He is only good if you have a shot blocker insider once he gets beat.

Don't mistake him for an average European player. He's not Calderon. This kid is a monster! He played first division Spanish league (which s one of the -- if not the -- toughest in Europe) when he was 14. In a game with Spain's national team against Russia he delivered 51 pts, 24 rebounds, and 12 assists. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ricky_Rubio ) How is that for a triple double? Even though it was "only" U16.

Last edited:

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i would want the knicks to trade for artest and stephen jackson, bring some toughness this team hasnt had since sprewell

keep nate, wilson chandler and david lee( those are the untouchables to me)

I would for this year:

keep stephon - he's gonna want to prove to everybody that isiah was the problem and also he's playing for another NBA contract so i expect marbury to play his "A" game.

i would trade jamal for stephen jackson or trade em for the right deal(same goes for zbo)

package balkman in a deal( i love balkman no homo but that hustling thing can get u so far)

i would like to keep Q cuz he probably my favorite knick but if he cant hit a shot and doesnt want to take it back to the clipper days where he took these little guards in da post then he can go kick rocks

trade curry - he got problems, he's just not mentally tough enough to live up to his potential

if jerome james can get into shape then i would keep em cuz he at least contests shots, whether he blocks it or sends em to the line, its better than what curry does which is just look at the guards driving

jefferies - get rid of em, he doesnt kno his limits

malik rose - stays just cuz of his expiring contract but otherwise he could have gotten the penny treatment(stay home)

fred jones - i like fred jones, he's a real good role player but i doubt we resign em