• Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Series Schedule and Results

Celtics lead 2-0

Gm. 1: BOS 76, CLE 72
Gm. 2: BOS 89, CLE 73
Gm. 3: CLE 108, BOS 84
Gm. 4:Mon., May 12: at Cleveland, 8 p.m. ET (TNT)
Gm. 5*:Wed., May 14: at Boston, TBD (TNT)
Gm. 6*:Fri., May 16: at Cleveland, TBD (ESPN)
Gm. 7*:Sun., May 18: at Boston, TBD (TBD)

*if necessary

The Cleveland Cavaliers

Delonte West
Wally Szcerbiak
Lebron James
Ben Wallace
Zydrunas Iglauskus

The Boston Celtics

Rajon Rondo
Ray Allen
Paul Peirce
Kevin Garnett
Kendrick Perkins

alb15-719314.jpg

Northwest%20dropship%202006%20538.jpg

All comments, thoughts, and analysis belong in this thread.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i say cavs in 6-celts cant win on the road and are worn out. LeBron can take pierce or allen. He's gonnna drop 35 everygame

I hope your right, heres what i wrote on another site:

Im gonna have to root for Leb1tch lames now. Theres no one i hate more then the MELTics and their bandwagoners. This series is unpredictable, the last time the cavs played a great defensive team in a playoff series they got shut the f*ck down (against the spurs). But the Smeltics aint the spurs, they choke in the 4th quarter of close games. If the Cavs can keep an away game close and steal one in Boston then they might be able to win this series.

I agree that their not a good road team, they have problems playing when under pressure. All the Cavs gotta do is keep it close in Boston and they can win. GarNOT didnt get his nickname for no reason, as skip bayless from espn first take says Garnett is GarNOT in the 4th because he becomes a non factor.

*laughs at your sig*

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Lebron James: 2-18 FG, 0-6 3FG, 12 Points, 9 Rebs, 9 Assists, 10 Turnovers, 4 Fouls.
LOL! Was he going for a quadruple double?? Had Lebron gotten 10 Rebs and 10 Assists, that would have to be the worst and ugliest triple double performance in NBA History.

This series is starting to remind me of the Knicks-Rockets 1994 series. Low-scoring and all-defense type of series. I think it's gonna be great.

Pierce and Allen were ZERO factors. Can't believe they both had a terrible terrible night, not to mention Allen scoring NOTHING! Great defense on Lebron and a great performance from Garnett won it for Boston.

I say Boston wins the series in 5. Here come the haters again!!! LOL!

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Finally!!!

No. Finals with Boston vs. Lakers would bring back some of the eighties atmosphere, I am looking forward to it.

:thumbsup: Finally! Someone other than myself who's rooting for the Celtics to reach the Finals. Good on you Pat! Celtics VS Lakers will definitely be the best Finals since 1999. :beer:
2000 Finals sucked with all the yellow colors throughout the court in every game whether it was at Indiana or LA. That's what you get when you have two yellow/gold-themed teams. And of course the Knicks would have been better to watch, and so was Portland.
2001 Finals was so-so.
2002 Finals was boooooring. The only fun thing to watch was Shaq being unstoppable.
2003 Finals was even worse despite it reaching 6 games.
2004 Finals was actually exciting. Believe it or not I predicted Pistons in 5.
2005 Finals was as boring as the 2003 Finals. (Spurs always ruin the Finals)
2006 Finals was good to watch just to find out if Shaq can deliver on his promise.
2007 Finals was like watching De La Hoya and Forbes. One-sided and pathetic.

Back to the game: At the postgame, Mike Brown said there were several times Lebron didn't get the calls, which explains his shooting drought. Is he kidding me?? This guy's madly in love with this guy. I bet he'd follow him up to Brooklyn and ask for the coaching job. Lebron got 10 FTA's. Out of his 18 field goal attempts, 12-14 of those were jump shots, and he obviously didn't get fouled there. He drove to the basket I think only 4 or 5 times the entire game. And he got his calls. What else does Mike Brown want? Lebron is getting way too many superstar calls already throughout this season.

metrocard

Legend
Cavs may repeat their Eastern Conference Title if they keep playing defense like that.

Celtics don't really impress me for a 60+ WIN team, will they go the playoffs without a road win?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Cavs shot 30% from the field, in game 1, and they only lost by 4 points. The Celtics had to shoot 43%, just to barely get the win. All the Cavaliers have to do is continue to play good defense, and try to get Lebron James to score at least 20 points. If they can do that, they'll win game 2 for sure. The Celtics suck, and I have not been impressed with them at all. On top of the fact that it took them 7 games to beat the 37-45 Hawks, they're winning games by 4 points against teams that shoot 30% for an entire game. I still say the Cavs will win this series in 5 or 6 games. Lebron is not going to go 2-18 forever.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Lebron is not going to go 2-18 forever.

Pierce and Allen aren't gonna go 2-18 forever either. It's gonna be a great series. There'll be a lot more of these ugly games, but they're exciting to watch. I've always loved this kind of gritty basketball as long as it doesn't involve the Spurs. I don't particularly enjoy high-scoring games. With all due respect to the posters here, it really amazes me how you guys always find a way to say something ugly (not just bad, UGLY) about the Celtics. LOL! The Big Three haven't really accomplished a lot in their playoff season career so it's not like there's any guarantee or anything. What's their not to be impressed at? They're in no way in the same situation as the 2004 Lakers or the 2006 Heat. Almost everyone counted them out as being immediate title contenders before the season. Winning 66 wins was hard. You've got to give them AT LEAST some credit for shutting down Lebron, the so-called greatest basketball player in the world for some, to his worst shooting performance in his career (that lone game in 2004 where he did worse should not be compared to since he had a broken cheek bone and only attempted 5 shots), which is something NO ONE has brought up, it's amazing.

It's really hillarious cos they keep performing and performing, and someone (from this site) always finds something to make it look awful. That's hating. But heck, you've all admitted to it anyway. LOL! Is there some hatred for the Celtics franchise I don't know about? Since I've been a die-hard Knicks fan, I can't recall of any. Makes you think we brawled with the Celtics during the 90's and not the Bulls, Pacers, or Heat. Maybe it's simply KG-hating and/or Lebron-loving. Or maybe it's just the excitement of betting against the table.

But hey forget about it, you know what, I hated the Mavericks last year too and was rooting for an upset at the hands of the Warriors. I guess this thing is no different (apart from the fact that this time i'm on the other side of the fence). So whatever!!! Let's just continue enjoying the playoffs.

Rooting is a bit too strong. It's just the best Finals match-up that is still possible.

LOL! Don't be shy pat. You're paying too much attention on semantics. But don't worry I know why you had to make sure things were clear. LOL!

2008 Lakers vs Celtics = most exciting finals since 99.

Last edited:

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Cavs may repeat their Eastern Conference Title if they keep playing defense like that.

Celtics don't really impress me for a 60+ WIN team, will they go the playoffs without a road win?

These two teams are well-matched with defense. If Cavs maintain the same kind of defense the entire series no doubt they can seriously repeat. This series will be very very interesting.

LOL! How about if the Celtics win the Championship without winning a road game. Now THAT is homecourt advantage at its full use. LOL! But that would be downright embarrasing in some way.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Pierce and Allen aren't gonna go 2-18 forever either. It's gonna be a great series. There'll be a lot more of these ugly games, but they're exciting to watch. I've always loved this kind of gritty basketball as long as it doesn't involve the Spurs. I don't particularly enjoy high-scoring games. With all due respect to the posters here, it really amazes me how you guys always find a way to say something ugly (not just bad, UGLY) about the Celtics. LOL! The Big Three haven't really accomplished a lot in their playoff season career so it's not like there's any guarantee or anything. What's their not to be impressed at? They're in no way in the same situation as the 2004 Lakers or the 2006 Heat. Almost everyone counted them out as being immediate title contenders before the season. Winning 66 wins was hard. You've got to give them AT LEAST some credit for shutting down Lebron, the so-called greatest basketball player in the world for some, to his worst shooting performance in his career (that lone game in 2004 where he did worse should not be compared to since he had a broken cheek bone and only attempted 5 shots), which is something NO ONE has brought up, it's amazing.

It's really hillarious cos they keep performing and performing, and someone (from this site) always finds something to make it look awful. That's hating. But heck, you've all admitted to it anyway. LOL! Is there some hatred for the Celtics franchise I don't know about? Since I've been a die-hard Knicks fan, I can't recall of any. Makes you think we brawled with the Celtics during the 90's and not the Bulls, Pacers, or Heat. Maybe it's simply KG-hating and/or Lebron-loving. Or maybe it's just the excitement of betting against the table.

I give the Celtics their props. They played great during the season but they deserve criticism for taking 7 games to beat the hawks, who won 29 games less then they did. Now their playin a the Cavs who won 19 games less so they should be able to beat them in 5 or 6 games if they're as good as their fans say they are.

I hate KG and Boston fans more then i hate the celtics as a team. I actually like Doc Rivers, Leon Powe, and Sam Cassell. Theres several players i wouldnt say i like or dislike, but like i said i hate KG and i dislike peirce. They have acted cocky all season long. Outside of Boston they have maybe the largest group of haters, i know the lakers are up there. I even noticed analysts hinting that they dont like the celtics because of their cocky behavior. Dont act like the haters dont have a reason to hate here.

You might be one of the most unfair haters on here. Unless you were jokin you said this about Lebron James:

By the way whoever gave Lebron that 1st place vote is crazy! He's a 4th place candidate and nothing else.

Excluding game 1 against the Celtics, if it wasnt for lebron cleveland might even be worse the the knicks, maybe the worst team in the league. Thats a very good arguement as to why lebron deserved to be the mvp. His leadership spreads through the whole team and gets role players to step up their games. I dont like Lebron but if hes not the best player hes no lower then top 3.

I seen the subliminal you took at me for never given the celtics credit. I said that although i disagreed i have no problem with KG being defensive player of the year, and i gave rondo his props as being a legitamate most improved player of the year award. I picked the Celtics to go to the finals, what more do you want? I dont know if you missed where i gave them their props, i realize its probably only 10% of what i say is postive about the celtics but you gotta stop stereotypin everything i say as being hatred towards the celtics and realize that your hatred towards lebron gets in the way of your opinions, where as mine doesnt.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
gametime about 20 minutes away. I would say that im hopin for the cavs to steal this game in boston but..................everyone already knows this. If they can get this game they'll be in good shape since the MELTics cant win on the road.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
FUKK THE CELTSHITS!!!

Sorry, had to say that.......or type that. This series aint over yet. Im pickin the celtics to win, i still got them goin to the finals but you cant count the cavs out. why? because the celtics still havent proven they can win on the road. Cleveland had game 1 and they gave it away. If they can steal a game in Boston they can win this. But if the Celtics win one of the next 2 games in Cleveland..........the cavs will be like jay-z after ether; stuttering and crying.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Cavs stomped em out!!! I was lovin every second of it!!

Cavs 108 Celts 84 :lol:

:lol: @ delonte roamin around on defense not showin any respect for rondos jumper.

Rondo finsished w/ 7pts (3-10), 1rb, 0asts, and he got blocked 3 times.

Delonte finished w/ 21pts(7-11), 7asts, 5rbs

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I havent seen anyone get pounded this hard since slick rick on the end of moment i feared

*Dont listen to this if you have a weak stomach*

metrocard

Legend
Lebron should be averaging 2 blocks a game with his natural ability.

Celtics are the worst road team in the playoffs.