Kobe Bryant Wins Most Valuable Player Award

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Like I said earlier Chris Paul deserved it a little more but this year was Kobe's year. And he earned it. I'm a little surprised though that the voting wasn't that tight between them. A maximum of 100 points could have been better to separate these two great athletes, and that's even a stretch. Bottomline is Paul deserved more first place votes, 28 maybe should have been around 45. Regardless Congratulations to Kobe for winning the MVP award.

Player, Team >>> 1st >>> 2nd >>> 3rd >>> 4th >>> 5th >>> Total Points

Kobe Bryant, L.A. Lakers >>> 82 >>> 32 >>> 10 >>> 2 >>> 0 >>> 1100
Chris Paul, New Orleans >>> 28 >>> 64 >>> 32 >>> 2 >>> 0 >>> 894
Kevin Garnett, Boston >>> 15 >>> 23 >>> 56 >>> 26 >>> 1 >>> 670
LeBron James, Cleveland >>> 1 >>> 7 >>> 28 >>> 77 >>> 8 >>> 438
Dwight Howard, Orlando >>> 0 >>> 0 >>> 0 >>> 7 >>> 39 >>> 60

By the way whoever gave Lebron that 1st place vote is crazy! He's a 4th place candidate and nothing else.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
its about time they late as fuck on this one. Finally the award has some validity after nash winnin it twice and dirk gettin it last year.

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
Nash Deserved the first one. Kobe should have won last year, and Chris Paul, should have won this year. When Nash won his second, that should have went to Chris Paul as well. New Orleans made the playoffs as well, and no one saw it coming. The NBA needs to get rid of the writers voting for for the MVP and ROY. The seemingly never get it right. The players should vote on both awards.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Nash Deserved the first one. Kobe should have won last year, and Chris Paul, should have won this year. When Nash won his second, that should have went to Chris Paul as well. New Orleans made the playoffs as well, and no one saw it coming. The NBA needs to get rid of the writers voting for for the MVP and ROY. The seemingly never get it right. The players should vote on both awards.

Chris Paul should have won during Nash's second?? During Paul's rookie year?? Wow! What fan support! The guy was rookie of the year and that's that.

Nash deserved his first trophy without question. And he also deserved his second. No other player that year accomplished more for his team than Nash. And it also helped that he did all that with Amare, who has just made a breakout season the previous year, injured the entire year. His 236-vote winning margin should have been larger. Runners-up Lebron and Dirk were just afterthoughts that year. And for last year, it was really a toss-up between Dirk and Nash. Whoever said that Kobe should have won MVP during the year he became a scoring machine and scored 81 in a single game is crazy. That's not what an MVP is all about.

This year, Kobe deserved it. He EARNED it. He finally became the leader everyone wanted him to be. For the first time, Kobe truthfully let go of individual accomplishments for the sake of team success, and that's always a winning combination. In my opinion though, the results of this year's two-man race should have been as close as last year's Nash-Dirk.

metrocard

Legend
Lebron should of been MVP last year.
Chris Paul should of been MVP this year, especially considering he's done more than what Nash has done in a season, its really contradictory.
Nash deserves the MVP, but not when the year Shaq lead Miami to the Final, Nash should of only got one.

Paul is amazing, he's made the Hornets one of the elite teams in the NBA with no much support. West and Chandler were scrubs before coming under Paul's wings. The only big addition to the Hornets was Peja, a guy who isn't on his all star shit.

Kobe cried and cried for support, because he couldn't do it by himself. He trashed him teammates, now everyone is praising him for being a good teammate. Pau Gasol is one of the best big men in the world, without him, Lakers would be a medicore team in the West. He really opens things up for LA.

Paul > Kobe > Lebron > Duncan > Garnett > Howard > Stoudimire > Nash > Ming > Ginobili > Nowitski

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This year, Kobe deserved it. He EARNED it. He finally became the leader everyone wanted him to be. For the first time, Kobe truthfully let go of individual accomplishments for the sake of team success, and that's always a winning combination. In my opinion though, the results of this year's two-man race should have been as close as last year's Nash-Dirk.

co-sign

The Lakers were 25-10 when Andrew Bynum injured his knee on Jan. 13. They were one of the elite teams in the west from the beginning. They were 28 and 16 when they acquired Gasol on Feb. 1 so they did struggle from after Bynum went down with the injury but kobe cant do everything. Who they suppose to go to down low, Kwame clown? By the time Gasol played the Lakers were 30-16. They went from Jan. 13 to Feb. 5 with no low post presence, and had a 5-6 record in that time so thats the strongest arguement against kobe which is a good one but in the west its like playing playoff games every night. west>>>east

I think that Kobe showed alot of leadership and he became more of a teamplayer then he ever had in the past. Its very close between Chris Paul and Kobe, its a coin flip in my opinion. Im happy to see the award has validity to it again, the past 2 years its been a joke. Dirk Nowitzki is a great player but hes not an mvp.

Lebroom needs to develop more moves on offense. Hes either takin the shot or driving to the basket. Too predictable, no post game. He could abuse other small forwards with his speed and size in the low post. I think hes a great player, #3 after kobe and CP3 overall but talent wise i gotta put him in the top 10-15.