Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Chandler

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Collins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pricey

Rotation player
Regardless to who is drafted, Steph will be here at least til trading deadline. In order to move any of these huge contracts, the Knicks have to allow these players to flourish in a system and regain their value. Right now, no team wants any of these guys. Too much money, and they are branded as losers. It will be interesting to see what will happen with Steph if he stays and flourishes in D'antoni's system. Will he resign here for less money to stay? Or will he just walk after having his career rejuvenated?

I say let's get Mayo.
I would think with D'Antoni's style of play a Jerryd Bayless or DeAndre Jordan would best fit if we didnt get Derrick Rose. Bayless has explosive pace and would suit the run style D'Antoni brings and DeAndre seems to be a big man who could dominate the key with time if he improves his shooting.
I know Bayless has constant injuries but if he stayed fit he could be anything.
Rose is still the man to get but.

nyk24

Rookie
Regardless to who is drafted, Steph will be here at least til trading deadline. In order to move any of these huge contracts, the Knicks have to allow these players to flourish in a system and regain their value. Right now, no team wants any of these guys. Too much money, and they are branded as losers. It will be interesting to see what will happen with Steph if he stays and flourishes in D'antoni's system. Will he resign here for less money to stay? Or will he just walk after having his career rejuvenated?

I say let's get Mayo.

Not for nothing, but I'd stay away from Mayo. He's talented and all, but he's got a lot of trouble in his past.

I would think with D'Antoni's style of play a Jerryd Bayless or DeAndre Jordan would best fit if we didnt get Derrick Rose. Bayless has explosive pace and would suit the run style D'Antoni brings and DeAndre seems to be a big man who could dominate the key with time if he improves his shooting.
I know Bayless has constant injuries but if he stayed fit he could be anything.
Rose is still the man to get but.

It's hard to have a shot at DRose and say don't pick him. Think you'd be nuts actually, But I am assuming we don't have that shot.

Bayless is very good and in D'antoni's system, he'd surely flourish. As far as pg's in the draft, my picks are in this order.

Rose, Augustine, Gordon, and Bayless. Rose is a phenomenal athlete and a pass first gaurd who can score when he wants. Augustine is fast as heck, and is probably the best pure pg in the draft, pretty good shooter too. Gordon has freakish size and ability for a pg, but is probably more a scorer than pass first. Bayless can shoot the lights out, but again, no real playmaking ability. I think all can flourish in D'antoni's system bascially because it requires the pg to be a scoring threat for it to work. And they all can do that.

But since I doubt we'll be able to get Rose do to not being that high in the draft, I would shoot for Mayo since I think he'd fall to 4 at least, or if not, Augustine will be there to be the future pg if we stay in the 5-8 range.

I think Steph will have a rejuvenation next year which could do two things.

A) make him trade bait at the deadline
B) Get resigned for a good deal.

Because they keep speaking about getting under the cap, It would be hard pressed to see them re-sign any player to a long term deal. Be interesting to see if Steph has a great year and re-signs here for a lesser deal to stay.

The draft will likely tell it all. Can't wait.

Not for nothing, but I'd stay away from Mayo. He's talented and all, but he's got a lot of trouble in his past.

A lotta of these young guys have problems in their past. Hopefully they stay past when thy make the NBA.

As a talent, he is better already than Nate, Crawford, Qrich, and Chandler offensively. All guys who many think will flourish in D'antoni's system.

Mayo will be a top flight scorer in the NBA no matter where he goes. You take those when they are there.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer

I agree with you about Mayo, not because of his past, but because of his turnover ratio (3.5) versus his assist ratio (3.3). We don't need another guy on this team with poor judgement...Don't really like Bayless, he seems like a less muscled Ben Gordon, and if he's already injury prone, that worries me a lot...I think if we don't get the 1 or 2, we need to trade this pick. Maybe package our pick and Crawful to the Sonics for Chris Wilcox and the #24 and #32. It's a deep draft, and if you figure we lose about 28 mil off the cap after next year if we let Marbury and Malik go...That'll go a long way in the right direction...

CoolClyde

N8 and D'Ant

I think N8 will be THE MAN this year. His game's improved every year, from point guard proficiency to 3-point shooting, and D'Ant wanted to draft N8 in the first place (the Knicks got Suns #8 draft pick). Watching D'Ant/Donnie press conference gave hope, D'Ant's philosophy is to let players be the best they can be, have fun and flourish, in whatever offense works best for the team. Gus Johnson, Mike Breen, and Al Trautwig all agree this is a change for the better. D'Ant is not just about the 7-second basket, he made the Suns into that kind of team based on what he was working with. His best comment regarding defense: "for 55 games this year, we had a better defense than the team we beat" .

You gotta give Steph a chance to play! He's familiar with D'Ant, as is Q, both of whom have chance to return to form of old with right team mentality.

N8, DLee, Crawford, Chandler, Steph and Q will be core of D'Ant team, unless traded for big man, draft pick.

D'Ant is D'Pringle!

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
This years draft will be very interesting for Knicks fans. Mayo's issues may hurt him come draft day. NBA.com has Mayo going third in the draft and Bayless going five (to the Knicks). I find this inaccurate. If any thing Mayo may drop under five to six or seven but that's just a guess. If some how we manage to ge the #2 pick, getting Beasly will change the face of the Knicks. What about Lopez? Could he be the answer to our center problems?

First this thread was a sick idea:

I speculate it will be Q-Rich three point bombing (if in shape) and Starbury or Derrick Rose (holding rosary beads and hoping...but most likely not unless David Stern affords us the opportunity to obtain him machination of the draft lottery.)

Darkhorse: Wilson Chandler....like in aforementioned posts he played when we were lottery jockeying...but maybe he could be vicious and was just shelved until the end in another Isiah blunder.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I think it D'antoni is going to fall in love with David Lee and David Lee will fall in love with D'antoni's system.

Lee will improve tremendously. Everything about him fits in this system. Great Attitude, Great Hustle, Great Athleticism.

Of course there are two things to squash this: 1) He doesn't get 20+ minutes of playing time, if Zach and Curry are still on the team, and 2) He gets injured.

jpz17

Starter
wrong poll

All of those players would work good under him. The players that wouldn't are Randolph... Jefferies..... maybe Curry we will see.... and Jerome James... maybe Starbury won't work.. But I think D'antoni would do him good.. Besides this is his contract year. and why are we wanting to ask who will fail????? Thats asking for another lossing season.. The current roster won't be current for long, don't worry!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
All of those players would work good under him. The players that wouldn't are Randolph... Jefferies..... maybe Curry we will see.... and Jerome James... maybe Starbury won't work.. But I think D'antoni would do him good.. Besides this is his contract year. and why are we wanting to ask who will fail????? Thats asking for another lossing season.. The current roster won't be current for long, don't worry!

Yeah, I agree. Anybody that is athletic, can shoot, or is an unselfish player will do well under him.

Apparently D'antoni's training camps are brutal. He runs them all day, every day to get them in shape for the run-and-gun style.

The 3 Fat Boys: "They scared now"

I can see Curry dropping dead from a heart attack, Jerome James faking an injury and Randolph faking a "family crisis" to get out of training camp. Those 3 fat-asses got to go.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Robinson is strong, fast, athletic, has a jumper, likes to play up tempo; great option off the bench.

Lee is strong, athletic, agile, can run the floor, great full court awareness, defensive rebounding machine; could really be a candidate for most improved player. Lee just needs to work hard this summer on his offense(most skill on his post game, continue to improve his improving jumpshot, get more stamina to play in this system; increase agility/explosiveness with conditioning and work outs. I could dead ass envision a 20 and 12 season from Lee.

Balkman was a mystery last season, but we all know what he's capable of, imagine Marion without a jumpshot.

Chandler could possibly be the biggest surprise; he's still a mystery since he played in meaningless games.

Collins needs to improve his jumpshot if he wants to get serious playing time.

Marbury could have a rebirth with his career under D'Antoni. Marbury can penetrate to the basket as good as Nash, if not better. This will open everything up for our offense and make us a threat in the half court. Marbury just needs to improve his full court play as a PG and do a better job on pushing the ball(aggressive; Marbury is too passive).

FUCK RANDOLPH...he's the last thing we need right now. He plays by himself and plays like theres no scoreboard.

FUCK CURRY...he's the anti D'Antoni player; out of shape, lazy, no passion for the game, no passion for winning, no work ethic or desire to improve or adjust to a system, slow, can't pass, turnover prone, one dimensional, negative on both sides of the court.

FUCK CRAWFORD...He just needs to go; he's not that good of a shooter to begin with, and he has a weak body to be consider a threat as a slasher or penetrator. Defensively he's still the worst at his position. We just need to move on and find a guy who can fill a Raja Bell type role. (Garcia)

Richardson, Jefferies, Rose, James are just guys who you can't wait to get rid of. Richardson may not be bad under since he had one of his better seasons under him.

According to D'Antoni, he only implemented the "Shoot every 7 seconds" run and gun offense because of the players that he had when taking over the reigns for the Suns. He felt that the roster was to small to grind it out, that's why he moved Marion over to the 4 spot and Amare to the 5. So, to follow that train of thought, he might not find the run and gun system to work with the current Knicks roster.
I also feel that a more "Offense First" system will work in Eddy Curry's favor because it will emphasize his strengths and hide his defensive weaknese. D'Antoni said in an interview that he is looking forward to working with Curry and that he feels that Curry will flourish under him (same exact thing Isiah said).

Instead of analyzing each player and how they will do under D'Antoni, I feel that this union is such an unknown factor that there is no way to tell who will work and who won't! Also, I truly feel that there will be some moves made (despite that claim that they are not) and depending on the player movement, that could change the way D'Antoni addresses a system.

mynameis

Benchwarmer
even if the coach feels that curry can flourish in his system...the big problem is the work ethic of the fat boy, that dude does'nt give a fck about winning......

If they cant trade zach Ransoft, i wonder if D'antoni can get him to be more of a team player.

Come on MSG you know no-one can do that, its like asking Jerome James to earn his money its not gonna happen!

I say trade Z-Bo straight up for K-Mart... the money matches and K-Mart fits D'Antonie's system. What do ya think.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Come on MSG you know no-one can do that, its like asking Jerome James to earn his money its not gonna happen!

I say trade Z-Bo straight up for K-Mart... the money matches and K-Mart fits D'Antonie's system. What do ya think.

Your probably right but if anyone could get zach to be more of a team player its D'antoni. Ive seen him make some real nice passes, theres alot more hope for Z-bo becoming a factor on a winning team then curry. But I still prefer to see zach traded. All im saying is curry needs to go first, then crawford, then zach. Theres ZERO hope for curry, very little if any for crawford, and maybe a little bit for Zach. As far as trading snack ransoft for k-mart, it depends on how many years k-mart has left. Jermaine O'neil might be a better option, k-mart would take more minutes from Lee.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Didn't Randolph average a double double in nearly every game he played? Sorry but I don't see Randolph as a problem here. I don't even see Crawford as a problem. If the Knicks played defense last season and Marbury didn't dip out on the toughest road trip of the season, they would have made the playoffs. The only issue with Randolph is his long term contract. I don't really see who they would trade him for. There aren't too many teams that are looking for long term contracts but if you really want Zach and Curry gone, best believe that Lee, Nate or Balkman are going with them. That's what it will take to sweeten up the pot.

Kenyon Martin is ass. No one with any sense would bring him in. He has a worse contract then Jerome James and is just slightly more productive.

Your probably right but if anyone could get zach to be more of a team player its D'antoni. Ive seen him make some real nice passes, theres alot more hope for Z-bo becoming a factor on a winning team then curry. But I still prefer to see zach traded. All im saying is curry needs to go first, then crawford, then zach. Theres ZERO hope for curry, very little if any for crawford, and maybe a little bit for Zach. As far as trading snack ransoft for k-mart, it depends on how many years k-mart has left. Jermaine O'neil might be a better option, k-mart would take more minutes from Lee.
:agreed:
I agree completly on having Jermain's 2 year contract over Kenion's 4 year , but I was just throwing the Nuggets names out there cause I read somewhere? that they might be interested in Z-Bo. I don't know if Lee is going to be here or not this year (I hope he is) but I don't think Kenion would steal many minuts from Lee .... at least not as many as Zack did.

Defence?

Didn't Randolph average a double double in nearly every game he played? Sorry but I don't see Randolph as a problem here. I don't even see Crawford as a problem. If the Knicks played defense last season and Marbury didn't dip out on the toughest road trip of the season, they would have made the playoffs. The only issue with Randolph is his long term contract. I don't really see who they would trade him for. There aren't too many teams that are looking for long term contracts but if you really want Zach and Curry gone, best believe that Lee, Nate or Balkman are going with them. That's what it will take to sweeten up the pot.

Kenyon Martin is ass. No one with any sense would bring him in. He has a worse contract then Jerome James and is just slightly more productive.

Let me get this straight Don Your preaching defence(witch I agree with) but in the same breath you say that you don't see Randolph or Crawford being the problem? How many blocks did Z-Bo avg again? How about Crawford(who I like... as a back-up) is he a good defender?

Z-Bo is a slow ball-hog that can't jump or defend

K-mart is an old version of Amarie Stodomire and he can still play Team Ball, run the floor, defend and yes he can still throw it down with his bum knees.

Thats a lot more than I can say about Zack.