What are the ideal players you would like to see under the new system?

metrocard

Legend
From the Free Agency pool

Jose Calderon(Restricted Free Agent)
Antawn Jamison (Free Agent)
Garcia(Last year of his contract)
Matt Barnes(Free Agent)
Stromile Swift(Free agent)
James Jones(Free agent)
Kurt Thomas(Free agent)
Carlos Arroyo(Free agent)
Primoz Brezec(Free agent)

From the draft pool

PG's
Derrick Rose
DJ Augustin

Big Men
Brook Lopez
Micheal Beasley
Darrel Arthur
Alexis Ajinca

Wing players
Dontae Greene
Joe Alexander
Danilo Gallinari
Anthony Randolph
Nicolas Batum

Shooters
Wayne Ellington
Richard Roby
Courtney Lee

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
From the Free Agency pool

Garcia(Last year of his contract)
Matt Barnes(Free Agent)
Stromile Swift(Free agent)
James Jones(Free agent)

From the draft pool

PG's
Derrick Rose

how bout from the actual team, who can actually fit the scheme, SIMPLY, YES OR NO.....

Renaldo Balkman(unsure, Misses alot of layups but can be effective)
Wilson Chandler(definately)
Jamal Crawford(man crawford haters really going hate this guy or love em)
Eddy Curry( doubt it)
Zach Randolph(no)
Nate Robinson( if he continues to mature then yes)
Mardy Collins( really doesnt have a half court game but yet he's slow so idk)
David Lee(definately)
Quentin Richardson(familiar to the system)
Jared Jefferies(no way)
Jerome James (LOL)
Stephon Marbury(wit the speed and strength, shouldnt be a problem, yes)
Malik Rose(5 TO's trying to do an alley for curry)

Free Agent: Fred Jones<<<i think he'll be good money for the system

Pricey

Rotation player
i would love to see Calderon in the Knicks uniform but it depends on the Marbury situation and who we get in the draft. i think he would only come if he knew he was gonna be a starter.
i like Jamison as well. My dream would be to get Derrick Rose but i doubt that will eventuate and i dont know heaps about the talent in this years draft but it depends where D'Antoni wants to go. Do we need defenders? We should then look at a Centre and build around him for the future. Ship Curry and Randolph out, get a young centre through draft or trade and groom Lee at the PF spot.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
For the draft we NEED to draft DERRICK ROSE. Beasley would suffice if Rose is taken ahead, but we will be 5X better with Rose under D'Antoni. Now this is assuming we get at least a top2 pick.

From your list, Calderon would be great, but obviously we'll never get him since Toronto are prioritizing him over TJ Ford. We need as much pure shooters or three point bombers as possible.

While not on your list, I'd wanna get Josh Smith, who's gonna be Shawn Marion Version 2.0. This unfortunately also is close to impossible. Another would be Emeka Okafor. He's a defensive guy who can run the court 5X better than Curry and Randolph.

Only way we're getting Smith and Okafor is through an ostentatious trade offer the Hawks or the Bobcats can't refuse. If we end up trading away Marbury for some young quality players such as who I've mentioned, and we don't end up drafting Rose, I'd try to get TJ Ford which is a big possibility for the Knicks.

The only players I'd actually like to be retained with the Knicks (in no order of priority) are Lee, Nate, Chandler, Balkman, and maybe Marbury. But at the same time they are in NO WAY untouchable in my opinion.

GiantsKnickFan

Benchwarmer
OJ Mayo is an intriguing prospect as well. Brian Westbrook is a big time athelete and a shut down defender who can explode in the open court, he may not be a high lottery draft pick but might be someone to look for if we dont land a high pick.
Im not sure where we stand free agent wise because of the cap being such a priority, gotta see who gets drafted/traded. Walsh should have a good rapport around the league and hopefully can pull a sweet deal

Kiyaman

Legend
I think that every team Walsh called up since March to make a trade with laughed at him and hung up the phone laughing. So Walsh was forced to hire a winning coach (D'Antoni) for this Knick 13 man roster next season.
Walsh is praying for a 1 to 3 lottery pick.

from the draft both augustin and rose would work out well, but i think dj would fit better here cuz he seems like hes a better floor general. i think no matter what, we should be safe to get either mayo or augistine, who should both work out fine in NY.

I would really like calderon here but idk hes kinda unproven and idk how he'd work in this system, same with arroyo.

Another guy form the draft i tink wiould be great in the new system is brook lopez. idk why but i just think that he could be like a better verision of balkman.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Definitely if we get a top 3 pick it would be Rose or Mayo. Those 2 would fit nicely. I know it's unlikely but I would love a trade of Zach Randolph for Richard Jefferson straight up. Their contracts are identical and Jefferson would flourish under D'Antoni.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Unless something crazy happens with our draft pick, like a trade up senario, we going to most likley be picking at number 5. Rose, Beasley, and Lopez will all be long gone by then. I think with all the controversy with O.J. Mayo, Walsh will not pick him. So then who does that leave us...Think about who would fit a Mike D'antoni style team, and then also consider D'antoni played and coached in Italy...I think we end up picking this Danilo Gallinari kid, he's a big athletic shooter who would fit D'antonis' style perfectly.

I don't know if I agree with that, but it's what I see happening...

metrocard

Legend
I want some enjoyable personalities here that the fans can ingest for once.

No more knuckleheads

Marbury is the most exciting guy in the NBA.

Danilo Gallinari doesn't have much leaping ability; I'm concerned about his rebounding ability; I don't think they teach Italians how to rebound the ball as we see with Andrea. Everything else is pretty good.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i like this deandre jordan kid....

shooters, versatile players. Like i said before ill splooje on my keyboard if we get raja bell no homo. Having a shooting guard who can score 12-16, hit 3's, and play defense would be a huge upgrade over crawterd.

IcEWaTEr123

Benchwarmer
in the draft i hope the knicks get jerryd bayless or anthony randolph if they dont have a top 3 pick, Anthony randolph is like a lamar odom and that would be a huge improvement for the roster. Also i think marbury and crawford will have a good year and also q-rich cuz he thrived in the system in 04-05. But please get rid of curry and randolph somehow atleast one of them and work ur way up with the draft

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
in the draft i hope the knicks get jerryd bayless or anthony randolph if they dont have a top 3 pick, Anthony randolph is like a lamar odom and that would be a huge improvement for the roster. Also i think marbury and crawford will have a good year and also q-rich cuz he thrived in the system in 04-05. But please get rid of curry and randolph somehow atleast one of them and work ur way up with the draft
I'm a fan of Anthony Randolph, too. He can play multiple positions(small forward and powerforward) and he can score and defend. If the Knicks aren't able to get Michael Beasley, Brook Lopez, or Derrick Rose, I'd definitely consider drafting him, if I was GM of the Knicks. Especially now that David Lee's agent is saying that he feels Lee should be making 10 million per year, after his contract expires.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
idk what people say in brook lopez, he's a average rebounder, doesnt block shots, not athletic and pretty slow.......and i would stay away from mayo, he's explosive but averaged more TO's than assists and his defense is terrible....by the way deandre jordan does like promising......

metrocard

Legend
^ They said the same thing about Tim Duncan.

DeAndre Jordan is another Kwame Brown; this guy has no confidence or skill in his game what so ever, plus he's unproven. Texas A and M were an average team the fact Jordan couldn't even clock minutes shows he can't impress the coaches despite his size and athleticism.

He has quickness and athelicism, but doesn't use it.
He has no foot work.
He lacks strength(upper and lower body strength)
He has no post skills.
He doesn't like contact
He's a worse passer than Eddy Curry
He shoots 41% from the FT line
He's terrible defensively when he should be a BEAST.
He isn't even a big shot blocker, Lopez is better.
He's even a bigger pussy than Curry, Jordan has shown zero toughness all season, especially coming off the bench.

Lopez is 7" 260 and is only a year older than the Freshman Jordan.

He isn't an elite athlete(what 7 footer is?), but he's good for his size.

He has great hands and coordination, he anticipates plays for well and has great offensive awareness.
He can run the floor and play in an up tempo offense.
He's probably the best in college basketball at establish position in the post, he has great lower body strength as well as a great frame to back down his man.
Lopez isn't slow at all, he's known for his lateral quickness. The dude is a 7 footer playing PF in college where most college PF's are 6"7-6"8, quick agile dudes. Lopez has proven he can keep up with these PF with ease.
He's also unstoppable in the post and can draw fouls anytime he pleases.
If not drawing fools, he has an automatic jump hook and has moves facing the basket.
His jump shot is pure, and his free throw shooting is the best amongst any big men in the college basketball.
Defensively he's a presence in the post. He averaged 2.1 blocks per game playing next a shot blocker in Robin Lopez. Man to man, his defensive skills are adequate and superior to Jordan.
Lopez is the ANTI Curry/Jordan. We're dealing with an intelligent big man here, someone D'Antoni would LOVE. D'Antoni love bigmen who can hit the jumper(hench why D'Antoni work so hard with Amare to develop a jumper).

DeAndre Jordan will never be a KNICK, he's not a Donny type player nor a D'Antoni player. Same with Curry and Randolph...these guys just kill ball movement.

OJ Mayo is actually one of the best defenders in the nation at his position, you need to do your research bro.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
like the guy above me, I like [DeAndre] Jordan also, if we don't get a top 3 pick, I think he'll be the best pick for us, and he'll fit in as well, he's an athletic kid, well built for his age, and has plenty of potential in my opinion, he also reminds me of Dwight Howard in some ways, but he'll fit nicely with this run-n-gun system

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
I am not happy about the press conference, Walsh, and D'Antoni said that D'Antoni will adjust his style to the personel.... Thats not what I wanted to hear, I want all the players on the Knicks traded, well at least 60% of the players. There either only saying that to say it, or they are covering it up for the real idea to run D'Antoni's way. Cause from what I heard the coach is adjusting for the players.. No no no no... These players are simply loosers. No winners can be brought out of them.

NBA LOTTERY IS EXACTLY IN A WEEK!

Watch the video
http://iptv.nyknicks.com/nyknicks/console?type=fvod&id=467&catid=4

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
OJ Mayo is actually one of the best defenders in the nation at his position, you need to do your research bro.

i never seen his games except the high school ones but those dont count, i said what i said b4 based on what i read from the ESPN lottery mock draft