Donnie & Mr. Pringle's New Knicks

stevie

Benchwarmer
i still dont think we can really trust a high school kid to turn this franchise around. ALOT of things change from high school to college. And even college to nba. I havent even seen him play yet i guess ill check on youtube.

Go to Youtube and take a look. There is a ton of stuff. The one that convinced me is the video that deals with his passing and stealing. This kid is unreal.

stevie

Benchwarmer
i still dont think we can really trust a high school kid to turn this franchise around. ALOT of things change from high school to college. And even college to nba. I havent even seen him play yet i guess ill check on youtube.

Here it is

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xvnKmfAe-Bg

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xvnKmfAe-Bg&hl=en"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/xvnKmfAe-Bg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xvnKmfAe-Bg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'm the biggest Marbury hater out there

the Knicks don't have a player anywhere near the caliber of Nash.

Personally i'd rather Marbury never play another game with the Knicks. But i'd rather just let him sit on the sidelines then trade his expiring contract. That contract is the biggest assest we have as a trade. I know people are going to call me a Marbury hater (which i am) for saying i don't even want him play a game, but i honestly don't want him around our first round pick. I don't want Marbury warping the mind of a Derrick Rose.

Marburys not far from being on the level of nash. Check the NBA section on here, some guy with a blog made some good points as to why nash is the worst defender in the NBA. I know Nash is a better scorer, passer, and team player but if your going off of talent Marburys right there with him, maybe even more talented.

You hate Marbury like he stabbed your pops to death. I dont even hate GarNOT as much as you hate marbury. To say you dont want him around our first pick.....i believe it is your mind thats warped. You need to see a psycologist or sumthin......:lol:

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Cap Space In 2010

Walsh appears to have made it clear that he wants cap space for 2010. To have appropriate cap space in 2010, the Knicks do not have to have it in 2009.

In a previous post in this thread I listed committed salaries in 2010 to include Randolph at 17.33M, Curry at 11.27M, Crawford at 10.08m, and Jefferies at 6.88m. I forgot about Chandler at 1.78M. The total is about 47.3M.

Assuming they are still around, in 2010 the Qualifying Offer for Balkman is 3.03M and for Collins 2.8M. I do not expect Collins to be around. I do not know about Balkman.

We will get a high draft pick this year and probably a high draft pick next year. They will have guaranteed contracts for 2010 at, conservatively, about 3.5M each.

The contracts for Lee and Robinson expire after the 2009 season. The NBA cap is a soft cap, but if each is signed to a new contract for 2010 before we can get a free agent, then it would seem those contracts would count toward the cap. I do not understand the cap rules enough to know whether the Knicks could sign a free agent while under the cap and then be able to sign new soft cap contracts for Lee and/or Robinson that would put them over the cap.

But even without consideration of Robinson, Lee, Balkman and Collins, the 2010 commitments with the two new draft picks will put the Knicks at 54.3M. The cap, which is a function of NBA income, was 55.63M for 2007-08. For the previous year it was about 53M. A reasonably aggressive projection for 2010 is a cap at 60M to 62M.

We have to move some people. Marbury's and Malik's expiring contracts are useless to other teams unless the other teams can trade contracts useless to them. The Knicks can not take on contracts going into 2010. Perhaps the Knicks can take some bad contracts that expire before 2010 with some draft pick kickers.

We have got to get rid of Randolph's contract!! Jefferies' too. I still have hope for Curry and Crawford, but we certainly do not need them.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Wasn't Barbosa the one who cried when someone played a prank on him saying he got traded to the knicks?

Besides that, I cannot take this seriously. I know Walsh likes D'antoni, and grabbed him as soon as he was available, and might be influenced if D'antoni suggested such a thing but I think Walsh is focused on getting us free cap space by 2010.

We can draft a potential star this draft. We have young talent that can contribute. Crawford has proven to play well when he comes off the bench. Curry can be an offensive juggernaut.

It does not make sense to trade Marbury to add more contracts, which would hurt our young talent, because again they won't get playing time.

LOL! F'k Barbosa! Kudo's for bringing that up. I'm glad Walsh shut that rumor down on his interview with Mike and Mad dog or Mad dog and Mike, whatever. This is just another example of how the media makes shit up. I'm not sure who's worse, the Daily news, Times, or Post? But they make a lot of shit up. I'm not going to front, I was ready to burn my Spreewell jersey if Walsh traded Marbury for Barbosa! Barbosa's a good player but his contract is awful.