What players wont return next season

Kiyaman

Legend
I did not want to make another poll.

I am making this thread before the Knicks get their draft pick, to see if Donnie Walsh really interviewed the players and this Knick situation he became President of. Do he see it as clear as us Knick Fans?

I know what players should'nt be back next season, but I dont have much confidence in Donnie Walsh in moving any of these Knick players overpaid contracts that really need to be removed from this roster. That is the main reason why he hired coach D'Antoni, to improve these bum players offensive talent so they can be traded in the future (next offseason).

All six of the Knicks young players are easy to trade (Lee, Nate, Balkman, Collins, Chandler, and Morris), and anyone who evaluate any of the Knicks young players on the last remaining games of the season will be fooled at how talented this bunch of players really are. They all know that they are the compensation player to be traded alongside of the Knicks overpaid bum players.

Marbury & Malik Rose ending contracts are very valuable in the trade market this offseason and the trading deadline. So you dont have to be a genious to trade these two players or the six young players.

Now if Donnie Walsh is really worthy of this Knick President Job than lets see how many of the six overpaid bum players on the roster he can trade this offseason. Starting with Jerome James, Zach, Q.Richardson, Jefferies, Crawford, and Curry...

Starks

Starter
I think it all depends on the draft.

These next 2 seasons are not about winning a title, its about getting enough money to have during the summer of 2010 and obtaining good guys that get fans to forget everything about this team.

With that said, only Lee and Nate are the ones I think are in the longterm plans of this team.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
I think it all depends on the draft.

These next 2 seasons are not about winning a title, its about getting enough money to have during the summer of 2010 and obtaining good guys that get fans to forget everything about this team.

With that said, only Lee and Nate are the ones I think are in the longterm plans of this team.

I hope they keep LEE and NATE, i heard they might package Lee for a trade. Please dont trade him, damn he is the knicks. One of the best players we have right now.

moneyg

Starter
i'd lik to buy out jjames first.
jarad j might have some value at the trade deadline if he plays well early in the season so i would hang on to him.
keep crawford,nate,zach,chandler,balkman,lee,steph,(rose udersize pf- dantonio can use him and he plays d)
bye bye, morris we can get a big guy in the draft to do what he can do
see :beer:ya curry

jpz17

Starter
I don't know what you guys are talking about.. Jamal Crawford is perfect for D'Antoni.. Nate Robinson is too, and Q-Rich. Randolph should leave first.. and Jerome James should be bought out.. Maybe sign Demetris Nichols, and definitely sign Allan Houston!! and Patrick Ewing NEEDS TO BE AN ASSISTANT! Ewing could help Curry.. He helped Howard for the Magic. Mark Jackson should be an executive.. That way if D'Antoni doesn't work out (I doubt the best coach alive could do that) Jackson or Ewing could replace. Draft O.J. Mayo.. hes a talented fast guy. Or Rose because he could be point guard that way Crawford could be shooting guard and get more points. There could be a downside to drafting Mayo though.. If LeBron really does come to NYK, Mayo wouldn't work good with LeBron. Whatever happens it doesn't matter because Isiah is OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gony:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Knicks been lacking a decent SG since Allan Houston went down, and Crawford dribble to much to be a SG, plus he dribble to much in a halfcourt offense to be a PG.

Isiah offensive plan for the last two seasons took away the use of having a pass-first PG. This should've been notice at the end of the 2007 season when PG-Mardy Collins took over and had teammates slash to the basket or have to be moving to get his passes.
This is the reason why announcer Clyde Frazier wanted to train Mardy Collins because the potential and skillz are there but the guidance on this Knick team is not.
Having Marbury & Crawford whom 80% of their passes are to non moving teammates.
Or the blame could also go to non moving teammates that always want to postup for a pass like Curry, Zach, and Q.Rich.

The Knicks two year offensive-plan used by coach Isiah Thomas is just the oposite of coach D'Antoni offensive plan used in Phoenix. Players like Ariza & Frye would fit well in D'Antoni offensive scheme but they are with the next team.

Drafting 6.5 SG-Mayo, and giving 6.8 SG-Demetris Nichols another shot at making the Knicks would go great inside of D'Antoni offensive scheme.
We all should realize by now that players Lee, Nate, Balkman, Chandler, Collins, and Morris will work hard to fit into D'Antoni system especially if D'Antoni could get the guidance of two of his assistant coaches in Phoenix which is under contract to come to the Knicks and help these young players get their groove in an uptempo running game and practice regularly on their peremeter shooting.
This would be a great start for D'Antoni to form his Knick Format.
To bad it wont happen because of overpaid players like James, Curry, Zach, Malik, Jefferies, Q.Rich, Crawford, and Marbury, all making franchise players cash which Knick Brass want to earn their keep with playingtime.

How well will Crawford & Marbury fit into an uptempo system which require having a decent passing game to moving teammates is questioning?
Will Curry or Zach or James slow down the uptempo system like Shaq did when he first arrived in Phoenix? YES! without a doubt.

Q.Richardson best performance in the NBA was under coach D'Antoni, and he had him traded because of his laziness on offense/defense, pulling up for a jumpshot when he had an easy fastbreak layup. Plus being useless in all of the Postseason games. Phoenix gave us their first round draft pick (Nate Robinson) to take Q.Rich contract off their hands after just one season performance.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I dont really care if we lose Randolph Morris. He belongs in the D-League anyways. He'll be lucky if he becomes a serviceable backup. Hes not even worthy of garbage minutes. I would take Dimitris Nichols over him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The #1 person the Knicks must get rid of is Eddy Curry. He is one of the biggest liabilities on the team, due to his inability to play defense, rebound, pass, shoot jump shots, shoot free throws, or stay in shape, despite a 55 million dollar contact. There are several other players on the Knicks that have to go, but I put Curry on the top of the list.

Other players that have to go include:
Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, Jerome James, and Mardy Collins

jpz17

Starter
Agreed, Jefferies, Randolph, Morris, should go.. But I'll give Curry, Marbury, Richardson, and Crawford 1 more season. Who knows... Maybe Marubry will do great. I'm 99% sure Daivd Lee will have his best season.. I'm guessing 14 points a game. Maybe they will get rid of Curry or Randolph to make room for Lee to start. Richardson is a great shooter when healthy. Also since joining the Knicks he has improved on defense. Jefferies flat out suck.. Balkmen too. Morris is horrible.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Agreed, Jefferies, Randolph, Morris, should go.. But I'll give Curry, Marbury, Richardson, and Crawford 1 more season. Who knows... Maybe Marubry will do great. I'm 99% sure Daivd Lee will have his best season.. I'm guessing 14 points a game. Maybe they will get rid of Curry or Randolph to make room for Lee to start. Richardson is a great shooter when healthy. Also since joining the Knicks he has improved on defense. Jefferies flat out suck.. Balkmen too. Morris is horrible.
Don't look now guys,but it seems D'Antoni doesn't like big men that can't shoot(Curry,Morris,Balkman,James,Jeffries and everyones favorite Knick David Lee).Look for Lee to be used in a trade hopefully getting rid of Eddy Curry!!! Just check the Rumor Pages.You'll see.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Don't look now guys,but it seems D'Antoni doesn't like big men that can't shoot(Curry,Morris,Balkman,James,Jeffries and everyones favorite Knick David Lee).Look for Lee to be used in a trade hopefully getting rid of Eddy Curry!!! Just check the Rumor Pages.You'll see.

what rumor pages?

brooklyn_baller

Benchwarmer
I dont want to see Curry and Jeffries back next season. Curry is just plain lazy on defense. He dont show much on offense. He's just useless. Donnie Walsh should just trade him for a better center who does everything he doesn't.
Jeffries is not really need on the team. He was just another player on the list of screw ups Isiah put on this team. Donnie has a lot of undoing to do

Kiyaman

Legend
Being that coach Isiah Thomas did not have any plans or player-roles to train certain young players into whatever he was doing the last two seasons, I have to give certain players a pass like Morris, Chandler, Balkman, Collins, Nate, and Lee.
Did these young players actually play any worst than the Knicks Starting Five of Curry, Zach, Q.Rich, Crawford, Marbury, or Jones and Jefferies? whom all had the Isiah Green-Light.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
From the New York Post:

If Cheeks stays put, look for him to pester Philly's president to acquire Zach Randolph Zach Randolph , who has the goods to provide everything the ahead-of-schedule Sixers are offensively lacking in the low docks. Contrary to common belief, Cheeks and Randolph had great respect for each other in Portland.

The whole article is obviously mainly a writer's opinion, but there could be some hope to this. Sixers would seem to be the team we can throw that fat-ass Randolph to.

George M.

Benchwarmer
From the New York Post:

The whole article is obviously mainly a writer's opinion, but there could be some hope to this. Sixers would seem to be the team we can throw that fat-ass Randolph to.
The $64 Million question is who would they give to us that we would want? Dalembert,Iguodala,or Andre Miller are the only players worth grabbing from the Sixers.