Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 153

Thread: The GREAT Stephon "STARBURY" Marbury Appreciation Thread

  1. #61
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Another victim caught without his metrocard.




    He got his ass dragged out of the subway station and brought to the hospital.

    What a stupid post by jimmy, most of the marbury haters on this site are the worst posters. Theres maybe one or two where you can see where there coming from with some of their criticism, but theres others who look to find every little thing they can and those are the posters that make idiots out of themselves.

  2. #62
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    On the real these Marbury wars is starting to get out of hand.

  3. #63
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,944
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well, being in the midwest; I could see how you missed the games and not see Marbury change his game for Brown/Thomas.

    They wanted Marbury to be more of an assist guard; feeding the ball to Curry, assisting off pick and rolls. Marbury done this, he hasn't dominant the ball as he usually does.

    The result?

    Crawford and Curry averaged career highs under ; (that statement kills your theory that Marbury can't "elevate" other's performances.) Its more about the support casting than Marbury's faults. You don't go into the slums of Columbia with a butter knife and a water pistol. Curry and Crawford aren't recognized as "big guns" in the NBA. Marbury was a 20-23 ppg scorer consistent; totally out of Crawford/Curry's range + his 8 assist a game. Offensively Marbury is just a superior player. Defensively, who isn't better than Curry/Crawford?

    Isiah and Isiahsexuals like you were happy with this.

    The reality was; as Crawford, Curry, Isiah and his Isiahsexuals were in happy land; Knicks were losing games and sank to the level as the worst team in the NBA.

    When Marbury is the main focus, we made the playoffs. He was surrounded by assist key role players and we made a big turn around in Marbury's first session as a Knick.

    Adding Crawford/Curry just adding a losing formula


    Not to **** on you hard; but what the **** you know about "properly" feeding someone in the post?

    Curry doesn't in position quick enough; he plays like theres 50 seconds left on the shot clock. Having Curry as the primary option is one of the best ideas to having a terrible predictable turnover prone soft ass offense. Marbury did feed Curry; just because Knicks didn't have sucess with the whole Curry is Shaq idea doesn't mean its Marbury's fault. Curry isn't THAT good and will never be that good. Isiah really tried to inflate his numbers for force feeding him minutes. Its like giving Eddie House 40 minutes a game. He'll probably average 20 ppg. Does it make it a good idea? NO. House is terrible defensively and cannot play PG due to his limitations.

    Can't believe Isiahsexuals are still lurking.
    Can't believe a Marburysexuals are still lurking. First of all learn the difference between when to use a period, semi-colon, or a comma so your thoughts can be understood. We do know things like that here in the Midwest. Secondly, I checked the stats. Jamal's career high was this year at 20.6 ppg while only playing 24 games with Steph. Eddy's career average was last year at 19.5 ppg even though Steph took the last couple of months off. So your argument of Steph sacrificing his game and leading Jamal and Eddy to career highs is just wrong. You are right we don't see many Knicks games here in the Midwest so if are telling me Steph gave up his game to help Eddy and Jamal get-off even though the stats don't back that up, I'll take your word for it. Isn't that what a so-called point guard, team-leader, and best player are supposed to do?
    And by the way, back when the Knicks were on nationwide at least twice a week, I spent every Tuesday night with my Knicks and Hubie Brown commentating. Hubie broke down the proper 45 degree angle for the entry pass on the bounce with correct pace. Greg Anthony and Charlie Ward used to execute to perfection and Ewing took advantage. That's how the **** I know how to run the post game besides any of my gym rat experience. You know us good ole' boys from midwestern states like Missouri, Kansas, and Indiana pride ourselves about knowing a little something about hoops.
    So you Marburysexuals are still hanging your hat on one playoff appearance with Steph leading us to getting swept in the first round??? Talk about lowered expectations. See the problem with you Marburysexuals is that whenever Steph's shortcomings are pointed out, you always bring up that the players around Steph suck. Its never Steph's fault. Its everyone else's fault. When is Steph going to take responsibilty for being the player the Knicks thought they were getting when they made Steph the 6th highest paid player in the league??? Since you like lists so much I made you a partial list of notable players that make less than Steph:

    Tim Duncan
    Lebron James
    Baron Davis
    Dirk
    Paul Pierce
    Ray Allen
    Antwain Jamison
    Joe Johnson

    No matter what you think of Lebron James, he has shown the ability to put a poor team on his back and carry them deep into the playoffs. Steph has never shown the ability to do this for any team he has played for throughout his career. It is no coincidence teams get better when Steph leaves. Stop making excuses for him.

  4. #64
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Thumbs down

    so many flaws i could easily point out from his post. Im not gonna waste my time with someone who cant read.

  5. #65
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,944
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Another victim caught without his metrocard.




    He got his ass dragged out of the subway station and brought to the hospital.

    What a stupid post by jimmy, most of the marbury haters on this site are the worst posters. Theres maybe one or two where you can see where there coming from with some of their criticism, but theres others who look to find every little thing they can and those are the posters that make idiots out of themselves.
    Wow, you made your buddy his own logo??? You forgot to say (no homo)

  6. #66
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimkcchief88
    Wow, you made your buddy his own logo??? You forgot to say (no homo)
    lmao i didnt make them, havent you ever been on a subway? (and im not talkin about being on the subway diet)

  7. #67
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    only reason i see why there's actually marbury supporters is because they feel bad wit all the criticism he gets....cuz really the only year where he played great to me was the 06-07 season, played great defense throughout the whole year and was part of the reason to having curry almost an all star, also when jamal went down vintage marbury came back and started to drop buckets but he really has ego problems and if u dont see dat then obviously u blind or just plain a dickrider

  8. #68
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    only reason i see why there's actually marbury supporters is because they feel bad wit all the criticism he gets....cuz really the only year where he played great to me was the 06-07 season, played great defense throughout the whole year and was part of the reason to having curry almost an all star, also when jamal went down vintage marbury came back and started to drop buckets but he really has ego problems and if u dont see dat then obviously u blind or just plain a dickrider
    Before that season Ill agree that he had ego/attitude problems but since 06-07 hes been a different person. Haters dont give him a pass for losing 3 people who were close to him and having surgery for his heel spurs. smh **** outta here haters.

  9. #69
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    Before that season Ill agree that he had ego/attitude problems but since 06-07 hes been a different person. Haters dont give him a pass for losing 3 people who were close to him and having surgery for his heel spurs. smh **** outta here haters.
    Jpz17 wanted the Bobcats in the Fantasy Game Thread.

  10. #70
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Jim, you've demonstrated in the last year that you have the vocabulary of a incest victim 12 year old from the Midwest. English isn't even my first language and I still style on you. You should show some gratitude that I'm even replying to you.

    Your arguement is still WRONG, because Crawford reached his 18-20 PPG range under Marbury. Curry reached his 18 ppg range because of Marbury and Isiah forcefeeding him minutes. You don't think Marbury's penatration ability makes the game easier for one dimensional guys like Crawford and Curry? I guess you're too busy watching the Bulls. I would love to send Curry and Crawford back to the pile of **** you call the Mid-west. Thats the problem with the Knicks; they have too many MIDWEST players. Midwest = *****. We need rugged NYC dudes like Garcia, Artest, Brand etc.

    Bottom line, you have to watch the games to understand. Marbury does the job; he gets the ball to Curry. It isn't Marbury's problem Curry is too soft and lacks the aggressiveness to finish plays or make the right decisions with the ball. Crawford is the worst decision maker in the NBA, not even Paul could save Crawford's confused ass.

    Marbury is a NBA professional, he's mastered all the basic basketball skills; to question his ability is really ignorant. Every guard in the NBA knows how to complete an entry pass. LMAO, you make it seem like its an impossible skill. Marbury does 3-5 entry passes a game. Like I said, Curry can't be the man.

    Making the playoffs is an accomplishment. Why are you hating on the team you "follow"? Nets were the best team in the East that year, everyone expected the Knicks to get swept; the Knicks were banged up and newly assembled team. We still made PROGRESS that season under Marbury and you can't deny that. Isiah ruined the PROGRESS by making bad decisions and not building the team efficiently.

    Honestly, it isn't cool and makes you look ****ing stupid for dropping "Marburysexual", just because I've tagged you an Isiahsexual. Could you atleast use your country small brain and be a little more creative next time?

    Who the **** said Marbury was better than Lebron? I guess that was your opportunity to suck more Midwest dick.

    Marbury is the last man standing, Isiah lost. NYC - 929283 Midwest - 0

  11. #71
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    902
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    This whole Marbury-wars thing is really getting old. We should just leave it at that and see what happens next season. If Marbury comes out, plays well, and takes the team to the playoffs nobody will say a word against him. If not, Marbury supporters will have to agree that they were wrong. As simple as that.

    @Metro: There is just one thing you need to explain to me: why is it that you always say people who dislike MArbury are Isiahsexuals? Didn't Isiah bring Marbury in. To be perfectly honest with you: that was the time when my team mates started to make fun of me for being a Knicks fan.

  12. #72
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,944
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Jim, you've demonstrated in the last year that you have the vocabulary of a incest victim 12 year old from the Midwest. English isn't even my first language and I still style on you. You should show some gratitude that I'm even replying to you.

    Your arguement is still WRONG, because Crawford reached his 18-20 PPG range under Marbury. Curry reached his 18 ppg range because of Marbury and Isiah forcefeeding him minutes. You don't think Marbury's penatration ability makes the game easier for one dimensional guys like Crawford and Curry? I guess you're too busy watching the Bulls. I would love to send Curry and Crawford back to the pile of **** you call the Mid-west. Thats the problem with the Knicks; they have too many MIDWEST players. Midwest = *****. We need rugged NYC dudes like Garcia, Artest, Brand etc.

    Bottom line, you have to watch the games to understand. Marbury does the job; he gets the ball to Curry. It isn't Marbury's problem Curry is too soft and lacks the aggressiveness to finish plays or make the right decisions with the ball. Crawford is the worst decision maker in the NBA, not even Paul could save Crawford's confused ass.

    Marbury is a NBA professional, he's mastered all the basic basketball skills; to question his ability is really ignorant. Every guard in the NBA knows how to complete an entry pass. LMAO, you make it seem like its an impossible skill. Marbury does 3-5 entry passes a game. Like I said, Curry can't be the man.

    Making the playoffs is an accomplishment. Why are you hating on the team you "follow"? Nets were the best team in the East that year, everyone expected the Knicks to get swept; the Knicks were banged up and newly assembled team. We still made PROGRESS that season under Marbury and you can't deny that. Isiah ruined the PROGRESS by making bad decisions and not building the team efficiently.

    Honestly, it isn't cool and makes you look ****ing stupid for dropping "Marburysexual", just because I've tagged you an Isiahsexual. Could you atleast use your country small brain and be a little more creative next time?

    Who the **** said Marbury was better than Lebron? I guess that was your opportunity to suck more Midwest dick.

    Marbury is the last man standing, Isiah lost. NYC - 929283 Midwest - 0
    Its obvious the way you talk that English is your second is your second language. I won't sink to your level of insults because that shows your defeat. You can't think of any intelligent response so here come the insults. I won't adress the "Midwest" vs "New York" thing either because there is a high school hoops game every year for that. Learn about it. If you got the stones to call me an "Isiahsexual" even though I have never liked Isiah, then take your "Marburysexual" tag and like it as you are swinging off Steph's nuts. Keep on making excuses for Steph. Nobody said Marbury was better than Lebron, I was only making the point that there are players in the league that can carry a team, and Steph isn't one of them even though he is paid like one. Steph shares the blame with Isiah for ruining our franchise because they are the same guy: selfish with hyper-egos. At least Isiah managed to lead his team to back to back championships as a player. Steph cannot even manage a 1st round win as a player. Oh I forgot, its everyone else's fault, not Steph's.

  13. #73
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,944
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    lmao i didnt make them, havent you ever been on a subway? (and im not talkin about being on the subway diet)
    We don't have a Subway in Chicago, its called the "L" (for elevated) train.

  14. #74
    Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Raleigh NC
    Posts
    1,670
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    This war is worse than Iraq. **** will never end... Until Marbury is finally traded and the Knicks immediately make it to the second round of the playoffs. This team is such a disaster that it's tough to know where to begin. If both sides look past their hate and dickriderry you will see that the blame should be shared by Thomas, Curry, and Marbury. One down, two to go!

  15. #75
    Member LOIOSH30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    None of this even matters, regardless of how Marbury plays next year, he won't be on the team the following year. I've always liked his game, but at this point he and his contract are nothing but pawns. If he plays well, he'll be traded at the trading deadline, hopefully for some young talent and draft picks. If he doesn't play well, his contract expires at the end of the year, and we'll probably get another lottery pick. I think those are the only two possible outcomes...so all this bickering and speculation is pointless.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35
  2. Replies: 109
    Last Post: Jun 03, 2008, 11:01
  3. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 18:28
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •