Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 153

Thread: The GREAT Stephon "STARBURY" Marbury Appreciation Thread

  1. #76
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    question metro, hey even u MSG33, has marbury ever done wrong in ur eyes?

  2. #77
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by LOIOSH30
    None of this even matters, regardless of how Marbury plays next year, he won't be on the team the following year. I've always liked his game, but at this point he and his contract are nothing but pawns. If he plays well, he'll be traded at the trading deadline, hopefully for some young talent and draft picks. If he doesn't play well, his contract expires at the end of the year, and we'll probably get another lottery pick. I think those are the only two possible outcomes...so all this bickering and speculation is pointless.
    Dead on my man. Hey MSG why did you start this thread again? To instigate stupid fights?

    Also you claim to be his biggest fan due to a stetch of 15 games where he played well. The fact that he obviously has all the ability but chooses to turn it on and off instead of playing hard and consistant all the time is the reason why many people dislike him. Not to mention he's the highest paid, supposed team leader, and superstar of this team who never delivers in the clutch.

    Nobody can deny his talent, even though lets be honest its nowhere near the level of what it used to (due to age so i can't hate on that) people hate on his character and leadership.

    But i'm done with this arguement, atleast until training camp. Somebody should just close this thread.
    Last edited by GetRealistic; May 28, 2008 at 11:06.

  3. #78
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic

    The fact that he obviously has all the ability but chooses to turn it on and off instead of playing hard and consistant all the time is the reason why many people dislike him. Not to mention he's the highest paid, supposed team leader, and superstar of this team who never delivers in the clutch.

    Nobody can deny his talent, even though lets be honest its nowhere near the level of what it used to (due to age so i can't hate on that) people hate on his character and leadership.
    pretty F*ckin much

  4. #79
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    question metro, hey even u MSG33, has marbury ever done wrong in ur eyes?
    I shouldnt even answer a stupid question like this thats already been answered by me several times. His attitude and ego before the 06-07 season was for the most part not good. To say he didnt get along with any of his teammates is bull****, but thats what you haters always say and dont try to deny that.

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Dead on my man. Hey MSG why did you start this thread again? To instigate stupid fights?

    Also you claim to be his biggest fan due to a stetch of 15 games where he played well. The fact that he obviously has all the ability but chooses to turn it on and off instead of playing hard and consistant all the time is the reason why many people dislike him. Not to mention he's the highest paid, supposed team leader, and superstar of this team who never delivers in the clutch.

    Nobody can deny his talent, even though lets be honest its nowhere near the level of what it used to (due to age so i can't hate on that) people hate on his character and leadership.

    But i'm done with this arguement, atleast until training camp. Somebody should just close this thread.
    I started this thread because of alot of unfair hate directed at Marbury. Your post proves that your opinion carries no weight, claiming that marburys my favorite player because of a 15 game stretch. Its what he did the whole season, but mainly from Jan to April of 2007. Its also because of the great things he has done off the court. Even last year he never had a chance to get into shape but one of his last games against chicago he helped us win by makin a nice pass to david lee and hitting a 3 pointer after recovering a crawford turnover. Hes proven himself to be clutch several times.

    People need to stop bringin up how much hes paid. And stop sayin this is marburys team, isiah made it clear that this is/was currys team. Some of you are very biased against marbury. Thats why i started this thread, if you dont like it stay the **** out. **** outta here.

  5. #80
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by GetRealistic
    Dead on my man. Hey MSG why did you start this thread again? To instigate stupid fights?

    Also you claim to be his biggest fan due to a stetch of 15 games where he played well. The fact that he obviously has all the ability but chooses to turn it on and off instead of playing hard and consistant all the time is the reason why many people dislike him. Not to mention he's the highest paid, supposed team leader, and superstar of this team who never delivers in the clutch.

    Nobody can deny his talent, even though lets be honest its nowhere near the level of what it used to (due to age so i can't hate on that) people hate on his character and leadership.

    But i'm done with this arguement, atleast until training camp. Somebody should just close this thread.
    Marbury is still capable of delivering an 18 - 7 season, possibly a 16 and 9 season under D'Antoni's system and if Curry is traded for a couple of shooters.

    How can you lead an army if you don't have any soldiers? If there was a draft, Curry and Crawford wouldn't even make the lowest rank in the army; two biggest pussies in the NBA.

  6. #81
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Marbury is still capable of delivering an 18 - 7 season, possibly a 16 and 9 season under D'Antoni's system and if Curry is traded for a couple of shooters.

    How can you lead an army if you don't have any soldiers? If there was a draft, Curry and Crawford wouldn't even make the lowest rank in the army; two biggest pussies in the NBA.
    unrealistics hatred towards marbury gets in the way of his ability to think rationally. How would Steve Nash or Jason Kidd look on the Knicks? I said throughout the season the only point guard in the league that couldve replaced marbury and led this team to the playoffs is chris paul. Its the haters that dont think about things like this that made me make this thread. If i was a mod i would ban unrealistic, datruth, and jimmy.

  7. #82
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default





    Team Starbury Wins!!!!!


    The Haters Lost
    Lets see whats left of them:




    The Champions, Team Starbury!!!!








    RIP Getreal, Jimmy, datruth, donchris, etc.

  8. #83
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Since when can the participant in an argument decide who won it??? Never mind. You guys won't solve it here and now. Next season will tell.

  9. #84
    Veteran GetRealistic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    It continues to amaze me that amount of free time you have. What is the purpose of posting those pictures. Some of which are completely disrespectful. But then again what else should i expect from you. You pointed out one instance of him making a game winning shot. Whoa he made one game winner. And before you rattle off his late game layup against Utah two seasons ago, David Lee made that play by making a great pass not Marbury. But like a said whatever, i'm done with this Marbury talk until there is atleast something for us to discuss relating to him. I really wonder what youll have to talk about next year this time when the cancer known as Stephon Marbury is removed from this franchise.

    As fair as Metro goes, i rarely agree with you but you atleast make valid points from time to time. And you don't start stupid threads for no reason, you just interject when you need to. But seriously comparing NBA players to soliders. What is the point of doing that. Basketball and combat have nothing in common. Army warfare is not hand to hand people so the being tough isn't the biggest quality. Now leadership, hardwork, marksmenship, and intelligence are qualities that are needed. And i'll grant you Crawford and Curry wouldn't make the grade based on that criteria but neither would Marbury.

    Not to mention Steph would get court marshalled for failing his drug test to enter the Army.


    Close this thread and don't open another one with a similiar title. Lets talk about the draft, free agents, or better yet basketball. to quote MSG if i were a mod i would suspend people for starting threads with the sole purpose of instigation.

    No more Marbury comments that aren't related to actual basketball.

    THE WINNER = KNICKS ONLINE.

    I'm more then willing to not talk about this topic again if you can do the same MSG

  10. #85
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Well said GetRealistic, I agree, I am not willing to talk about, and debate about Marbury, cause the last couple of months have been Marbury Wars, and has made people overconfident of themselves, and made the site a debate forum, we are the fans of the same team, we should be getting along.

  11. #86
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33




    Team Starbury Wins!!!!!


    The Haters Lost
    Lets see whats left of them:




    The Champions, Team Starbury!!!!








    RIP Getreal, Jimmy, datruth, donchris, etc.
    man u on marbury's dick, theres time to have a disagreement but u took it way too far wit dat, u a F*ckin child
    Last edited by datruth; May 28, 2008 at 20:35.

  12. #87
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    lmao @ everyone catchin feelings over my post

    Wheres your senses of humor?

    If everyones gettin so sensitive over my thread stay out of it, its that simple. Stop frontin like you dont want to argue about marbury. Its easy to skip over threads.

  13. #88
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    On the real, we all respect each other because everyone heres drops heavy knowledge with no effort. Despite the fact we may disagree a lot, the jokes is all love; nothing serious.

  14. #89
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Can we all please stop talking about Marbury. This site was enjoyable again until these ridiculous and petty Marbury wars re-started. I've decided to postpone my thoughts on Marbury until the season has started or something relevant has happened.

  15. #90
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    This video from after his banning by Isiah was removed back in March




    He said the right things and spoke from the heart about wanting to play in new york next year. Judging by what he said its clear that marbury and his teammates get along, proving hes different from the younger marbury who complained about his teammates.

    Marbury basically said he wants nothing more then to be back next year in NY, leading me to believe he wants to win. He wants to be part of a winning team and he will do whatever it takes.


    This next video is from the D'antoni press conference




    Marbury said the right things 2 times in a row. Looks like its time for the haters to stop being ass hairs and get off his ass.

    He didnt go overboard in what he said. He didnt make any predictions, he was humble and confident at the same time. Hes working very hard so he can dominate. We all know hes one of the most talented point guards and we'll see it on display next year.

    Marbury has the right attitude, calling last year the best season of his career. He went through alot of tough things but hes a different, stronger person now.

    He also took a shot at Garnett sayin he wants to bring the excitement back to the garden, the type of excitement cleveland fans had when Lebron threw down that dunk on him.

    Fvck garnett. He took a cheap shot at marbury. After sayin hes wanted to play on the same team again for a couple years now that hes with the celtics he said marburys not the same player he was in minnesota. Its not easy playin through plantar fasciatis and its understandable why marbury used the first month of the season to get into shape instead of the offseason. You dont want your heels botherin you from the very beginning. By the end of the season his heels wouldve been real fvcked up.

    Now that he no longer has that problem he can work hard in the offseason again, as we know hes doing. This is aimed at the haters who doubt him, sayin they dont want him on the team, hes a cancer, i dont want him around the draft pick, etc. Like i said i keep finding new ways of defendin him, im the johnny cochran of this **** **** outta here.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 137
    Last Post: Jul 04, 2008, 19:35
  2. Replies: 109
    Last Post: Jun 03, 2008, 11:01
  3. Stephon Marbury Banned From MSG!!!!
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2008, 18:28
  4. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 16:25
  5. Starbury...what a joke!
    By JerseyCityNETSfan15 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Mar 20, 2006, 08:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •