Thread: The Truth About Marbury Leaving the Team

Hybrid View

Breaking News The Truth About Marbury Leaving the Team

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Where Marbury spent his day off on Tuesday?

While the Knicks were in Phoenix taking on the Suns, Stephon Marbury spent the day in Brooklyn, mourning the death of his mentor, Robert Williams aka Mr. Lou.

Williams coached every great player to come through the Surfside Gardens in Coney Island, including Stephon and his brothers (Don, Eric, Norman, Zach), Sebastian Telfair, Quincy Douby, Chris Taft and Jamel Thomas.

“My dad passed away at 3 o’clock, and Stephon was here by dinnertime,” said Robert Williams Jr., 40, Mr. Williams’s son.

Earl Smith, one of Mr. Williams’s former players who is now a personal assistant to Spike Lee, said Mr. Marbury was in the Williams apartment “crying like a baby.”

"People don't know," Sebastian Telfair said. "But that's why Stephon left, to go to Mr. Lou. I wish I had the flexibility and the leverage to do the same, to be there for him and his family at this time."

“Madison Square Garden, that's the Garden for the professionals," Telfair said. "Our Garden is the Garden for street-ball players." Mr. Lou coached Telfair as well as Telfair's older brother and younger brother in the 36 years he held court there.

When asked how many hours he spent at Coney Island's Garden, Telfair grew puzzled by the small increment of time.

"Hours? Hours ... there's a decade's worth of hours there," he said. "He was there for all of it. He taught us everything, everything. I wouldn't be here, none of us could have done it without him."

Perhaps this is what Steph meant when he said that he had permission to leave.
    So the media can put marbury on the back of the newspaper when they believe he abandoned the team but they cant correct themselves when they learn the real reason why he left?

To all the haters, *******s, and Media F_CK YOU

Isiah Thomas For not Tellin the truth F_CK YOU

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

Isiah Thomas For not Tellin the truth F_CK YOU
    damn u a hater tails, lol, isiah didnt say anything about the story, he clearly stated numerous times that he was going keep that in the organization, he never spoke on it, it was the media who blew it up, the thing i find puzzling if that's what really happened then why marbury or isiah didnt say that in the first place?

Originally Posted by datruth
    damn u a hater tails, lol, isiah didnt say anything about the story, he clearly stated numerous times that he was going keep that in the organization, he never spoke on it, it was the media who blew it up, the thing i find puzzling if that's what really happened then why marbury or isiah didnt say that in the first place?
    dr. robotnic.....thats a good point but i found a couple different articles that said this. Isiah allowed marbury to take the fall but at the same time marbury allowed himself to take the fall. Marbury said he had permission to leave the team.....why didnt isiah respond? Maybe marbury was too upset to speak on it and by the time he was over his loss......i dont know. Its interesting but i feel bad for marbury that hes taken heat about it all this time. Maybe Dolan asked marbury and isiah not to speak on it......had they spoken they couldve cleared things up. I was too quick to pull the gun on isiah, who knows why no one (besides telfair) even tried to clear this up.

This still doesnt excuse Marbury of all his other non-sense. he still has time to get his life back into order, but im sick of his antics and so are many many former Marbury fans.

Next season, keep waiting donchris's Avatar

If this is true then I definitely can understand him leaving. That story was the turning point for me, but I never bought into the selfish shoot first persona stories. I'd like to see what Marbury can do next season.

Originally Posted by GiantsKnickFan
    This still doesnt excuse Marbury of all his other non-sense. he still has time to get his life back into order, but im sick of his antics and so are many many former Marbury fans.
    What antics, i dont care to hear about the antics from earlier in his career. This was the only recent thing thats been brought up. F*ck outta here with that nonsense.

Originally Posted by donchris
    If this is true then I definitely can understand him leaving. That story was the turning point for me, but I never bought into the selfish shoot first persona stories. I'd like to see what Marbury can do next season.
    Hes shoot first but hes still a good passer. Chris Paul is the same way but im not tryin to compare the 2.

What happened with Marbury "leaving the team" never made sense to me. I always knew there must be sumthin more to it. I kept sayin in January of 07 I saw a different marbury. He finally had the right attitude. Thats why him "leaving the team" suprised me and i never believed that we knew the full story. I searched and found a couple different articles that said this, including one from the new york times. Im not sure why the post and daily news never corrected themselves, its messed up. People have been misled this whole time. Im suprised i didnt figure this out til now but i thought his basketball mentor had died before he "left the team." Now we know why he really left the team. Theres still unanswered questions, like why didnt marbury, thomas, the ny post, and daily news say anything about this.

Default ????????????

The article was dated Nov 16 2007, so why has this gone unnoticed for so long? Why didn't the family of Mr Lou go to the papers to clear things up for the sake of Steph? Why would his cousin let him take the fall for so long without coming out and speaking to the press? Why would Isiah not clear things up for the sake of saving the organization the embarrassment? Why wouldnt anyone on the Knicks have gone to the press to stand up for their teamate, someone on the team would've had to know. The rumor is the team voted for Steph not to play the next game, wouldn't explaining to them that Steph left for personal reasons had made them deal with playing a lot better, and saved a lot of ill feelings towards Isiah?

Something is not right here, we all know that everytime a two GMs have a conversation regarding a trade it is somehow uncovered, this seems impossible for someone to have missed.

You know what I realized....Steph's father passes away at a Suns game, the fallout with Isiah was as they were headed to face the Suns.