The Truth About Marbury Leaving the Team

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
How would he have found out on the plane? You're not allowed to have cell phones on during a flight because they can interfere with air traffic control instructions.

I think the timeline I explained previously makes the most sense. Which still makes Marbury a selfish prick.

He fought with Isiah over being benched, threw a hissy fit and left the team, found out his mentor died and then decided to fly back to New York. In the article you posted it is even quoted as:

?My dad passed away at 3 o?clock, and Stephon was here by dinnertime,? said Robert Williams Jr., 40, Mr. Williams?s son.

So, if his father had passed at 3pm (probably after the team plane had landed) I doubt he would have found out during the flight. It is more likely that after all the sh*t went down on the plane, Marbury found out about his mentor and then decided he couldn't take it anymore and bailed.

Maybe he had a fight with isiah but that doesnt mean he left the team because of that. He probably found out after they landed, and then bailed like you said. Bailed aint even the right word. And plus, i just proved why Crawford should have also been bench. Aside from my stats they're both captains. I raised another big issue about him being benched that cant be ignored, look at those stats and the horrible defense crawford played all year.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Maybe he had a fight with isiah but that doesnt mean he left the team because of that. He probably found out after they landed, and then bailed like you said. Bailed aint even the right word. And plus, i just proved why Crawford should have also been bench. Aside from my stats they're both captains. I raised another big issue about him being benched that cant be ignored, look at those stats and the horrible defense crawford played all year.

You're right, Crawford was playing as bad or worse than Marbury. Hell, Curry was playing worse than the both of them and should have been benched as well.

Like I said before, it's a new season and I'm willing to give Marbury (and many other players that played poorly last season) the benefit of the doubt due to Isiah being such an arrogant assh*le. In my mind, Marbury will be on a shorter leash because of his past. The last thing I will be tolerant of, is Marbury pouting on the bench with a towel over his head because he's not getting what he wants. If that happens, then I hope you will understand where all the Marbury hate comes from.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
You're right, Crawford was playing as bad or worse than Marbury. Hell, Curry was playing worse than the both of them and should have been benched as well.

Like I said before, it's a new season and I'm willing to give Marbury (and many other players that played poorly last season) the benefit of the doubt due to Isiah being such an arrogant assh*le. In my mind, Marbury will be on a shorter leash because of his past. The last thing I will be tolerant of, is Marbury pouting on the bench with a towel over his head because he's not getting what he wants. If that happens, then I hope you will understand where all the Marbury hate comes from.

I can respect that post. Unlike unrealistic, your at least fair about your hate. Unreal doesnt even want to see him do good next year. If marbury cries about playing time and starts fights with teammates i will be very dissapointed. I go out of my way to defend him because i believe hes a changed person from who he was earlier in his career. Hes 31 and especially now more then ever he has to prove himself, since theres others who are giving him one last chance but because of the stats i posted and the fact that both marbury and crawford are captains, i cant blame marbury for being upset about being benched.

I think we have to be fair to everyone on this team, including crawford and curry. No one has been given a fair chance having to play on this poorly constructed team and thats no knock on the players. Alot of them are talented, its just the way the team is built and former head coach isiah thomas.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I hate to see Marbury in the situations he gets himself in.He has more talent than most people give him credit for and I will support any player who comes out of the five boroughs.But honestly he needs to start acting like an adult he has never had a good relationship with any team he has been on,Now for the last couple of years I will give him a partial pass because playing for Isiah and this disfunctional mess at the garden could make anyone crazy and I truly bealive Isiah played mind games with everybody and was a complete lowlife and lets face it Stephs from CI you aint gonna get over on him and he probably seen right through Isiahs bullshit and that threatend Isiah so he tried to alianate him,But the fact remains that when he left his teamates voted for him to sit so he cant be completley innocent.The bottom line is this Dantoni is coach now every player that plays for him loves him and he has made all his players better if Steph has a problem this year case closed he is a bum if not and he plays up to his capabilities and everyone is happy I will be the first to say he was misunderstood.So lets give it the year and find out what kind of person Steph really is and with Dantoni there can be no excuses if you cant play for him you have problems.

Pricey

Rotation player
How would he have found out on the plane? You're not allowed to have cell phones on during a flight because they can interfere with air traffic control instructions.

I think the timeline I explained previously makes the most sense. Which still makes Marbury a selfish prick.

He fought with Isiah over being benched, threw a hissy fit and left the team, found out his mentor died and then decided to fly back to New York. In the article you posted it is even quoted as:

?My dad passed away at 3 o?clock, and Stephon was here by dinnertime,? said Robert Williams Jr., 40, Mr. Williams?s son.

So, if his father had passed at 3pm (probably after the team plane had landed) I doubt he would have found out during the flight. It is more likely that after all the sh*t went down on the plane, Marbury found out about his mentor and then decided he couldn't take it anymore and bailed.
I like alot of ur posts but i think what u said was complete BS.
Ur saying cause he had a argument with Isiah and then found about the death that it game him a excuse to leave? I think either way if he and Isiah didnt have a issue or if they did he would get on the plane, friendship and respect for faimly\friends would always come before a game of basketball. Basketball means nothing compared to this, how the fk can u say something like that?
How can u say he bailed? leaving a team to grieve and pay respects to a close friend is not bailing, thats a absolute disgrace.
Fk if Kobe did that exact thing the media wouldnt be drumming it up the way it did with Marbury.
Even if he found out b4 he got on the plane, perhaps he thought he would still play cause he is important but then the emotions got to him and thought it was best he wasnt there or perhaps when he found out he wasnt going to get many minutes he thought he may as well go to the funeral, either way whats the fking problem with this?
Marbury haters r starting to fking annoy me, they look for anything to hang him by. Fking get behind him, HE PLAYS FOR UR GOD DAMN BASKETBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I like alot of ur posts but i think what u said was complete BS.
Ur saying cause he had a argument with Isiah and then found about the death that it game him a excuse to leave? I think either way if he and Isiah didnt have a issue or if they did he would get on the plane, friendship and respect for faimly\friends would always come before a game of basketball. Basketball means nothing compared to this, how the fk can u say something like that?
How can u say he bailed? leaving a team to grieve and pay respects to a close friend is not bailing, thats a absolute disgrace.
Fk if Kobe did that exact thing the media wouldnt be drumming it up the way it did with Marbury.
Even if he found out b4 he got on the plane, perhaps he thought he would still play cause he is important but then the emotions got to him and thought it was best he wasnt there or perhaps when he found out he wasnt going to get many minutes he thought he may as well go to the funeral, either way whats the fking problem with this?
Marbury haters r starting to fking annoy me, they look for anything to hang him by. Fking get behind him, HE PLAYS FOR UR GOD DAMN BASKETBALL TEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There was a contradiction in lj4ptplays post but i let it go. In his most recent post he was alot more fair, its unrealistic that has the unfair opinions. Theres no amount of money that can equal the value of someones life. Alot of them already have their opinions about marbury, the odds are stacked against him. No one from espn or the newspapers tried to defend him. Its a sad situation, i just hope he can come through next year and get some respect. Its sad how everyone forgot how well he played in 06-07, he doesnt get credit for what he does right and he gets over criticized for his mistakes even if theirs not enuff evidence to prove that his mistake is a mistake, like with this situation. And LJ4ptplay, this isnt aimed at you. Its aimed at the people who seem to root against him, despite him being on our team.