Lakers vs Spurs playoff series Thread

Who will win this playoff series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lakers VS Spurs Schedule

Gm. 1:Wed., May 21: at Los Angeles, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)
Gm. 2:Fri., May 23: at Los Angeles, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)
Gm. 3:Sun., May 25: at San Antonio, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
Gm. 4:Tue., May 27: at San Antonio, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)
Gm. 5*:Thu., May 29: at Los Angeles, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)
Gm. 6*:Sat., May 31: at San Antonio, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT)
Gm. 7*:Mon., June 2: at Los Angeles, 9 p.m. ET (TNT)

* if necessary

nba_ap_spurs_ring_300.jpg

san_antonio_spurs300.jpg

At Point Guard Tony Parker
At Shooting guard Manu Ginobili
At Small Forward Bruce Bowen
At Power Forward Tim Duncan
At Center Felicio Oberto

300px-LA_Lakers_logo.svg.png

DMB-LAKERS-BALL-M-2-B.jpg

At point guard Derek Fisher
At Shooting guard Kobe Bryant
At Small Forward Vladamir Radmonivic
At Power Forward Lamar Odom
At Center Pau Gasol

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
LA Post

Game Time or Party Time?

May 20, 2008

Kobe Bryant, Phil Jackson, Pau Gasol, and Sasha Vujacic appear to be confident about their upcoming series against the Spurs. They were seen yesterday driving around in a jeep. Their music was blasting and they all had cups in their hands. It appears as if they have lost their minds. Maybe they still think they are playing the Denver Nuggets. When the city of Los Angeles reads this, all they can do is hope that the Lakers are spending their time wisely. They should be preparing for their matchup with the Spurs today and tomorrow.

With the game at 9:00 P.M. tomorrow night, time is running out. We were informed that Kobe Bryant, the winner of the MVP award would be taking his team out to dinner and as a team they were going to watch the game. No one is sure of what happened yesterday. There is no answer as to why Bryant, Jackson, Gasol, and Vujacic were partying yesterday. As Lakers fans all we can do is hope that the rest of the team has brought these four back to their senses and that they are watching film preparing for their matchups with the defending champs.

6z08wk.jpg

Last edited:

Starks

Starter
For the love of GOD, please eliminate the SPURS. I almost hate that team more than the Knicks.

Duncan, Manu, Parker, Bowen, Horry are easily the most annoying lineup for the past decade.

I HATE these guys

Pricey

Rotation player
Spurs will win this, i still got my Spurs vs Pistons finals prediciton alive.
Love Manu Ginobli, that guy is a freak.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Kobe passing up shots? 1-3?! No wonder they're down 8. Several times he wasn't even guarded that well but he still passed up, some of it while he already left his feet. C'mon Kobe this is the Western Conference Finals. No need to be tooooooooooo unselfish.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Duncan is shittin all over the Lakers. C'mon Kobe! I dont care about my predictions being wrong, i wanna see them lakers win.

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
WOW! Spurs bummed out, blowing a 20 point lead.

I realized this a long time ago, just wanted to share. Lakers would have to be one of the prominent teams in the NBA that have the least number of recognizable or famous players (minutes-wise) despite having Kobe.

Spurs: Parker, Duncan, Ginobili, Horry, Finley, Bowen, Barry, Thomas
Celtics: Garnett, Allen, Pierce, Cassell, Posey, House, Brown
Suns: Amare, Nash, Shaq, Barbosa, Diaw, Bell, Hill
Pistons: Billups, Sheed, Hamilton, Prince, McDyess
Hornets: Paul, Chandler, West, Stojakovic, Wells, Peterson, yup even Pargo
Mavericks: Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Stackhouse, Howard, George, Jones, Dampier
Lakers: Kobe, Pau, Odom, Fisher... Turiaf? Farmar? Vujacic?

..or maybe it just happens that no one talks about the Lakers outside Kobe and Gasol. Well ok there's Bynum too. But I seem to notice that others are not getting the same attention that other role players in other teams are getting. Just a thought. LOL!

Also one reason why I don't find watching the Lakers that exciting. Outside of Kobe and maybe Pau or Odom, can you imagine any of the other Lakers pulling of a spectacular play or a memorable moment? Turiaf? Farmar? Vujacic? Radman? No way. But of course they're in no way as boring as the Spurs.

Game .... Over. Lakers.

Kobe is so fucking great Dude can will himself to a 27 point night and a win even after finishing with only 2 points in 1st half. Lakers D was also decent down the stretvh. Gasol came up with a couple key blocks down the stretch on Ginobili, Parker, and Duncan. Spurs wasn't hittin those BS 3s no mo either.I really got a good feeling bout the Lakers this year since the season. i think they gonna win this series and ultimately win the championship.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I predicted the Lakers to win the Championship, so I think the Lakers will beat the Spurs.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This is the last year where the championship will be open to teams like the spurs, celtics, and pistons. The Lakers have bynum and ariza comin back, and baby odom aka sun yue coming from china. I can see the Lakers takin 3 of the next 5.

Pricey

Rotation player
im glad the Spurs got game 3, Ginobli was wicked. Hopefully they can tie it up 2-2 and Detroit tie it up as well

Word. I just love the way the lakers paly and the make up of their team. Spurs are a tough ass team though but Lakers holding it down. I especially what LA to win tonight seeing as I have $3 riding on this game. lol

Pricey

Rotation player
Word. I just love the way the lakers paly and the make up of their team. Spurs are a tough ass team though but Lakers holding it down. I especially what LA to win tonight seeing as I have $3 riding on this game. lol
$3 lol.
cant believe the Spurs blew it. This series is over.
Oberto is the mst overated piece of shit ever. How the hell does he get a game really? Thomas would have been better in there then him.
Critical time of the match and he turned it over twice in a minute and the LA Laker went out to a 9 pt lead and game over.
wanker

sorry i just dislike LA Lakers immensely but love Kobe, does that even make sense? lol

Pricey

Rotation player
No that doesn't make sense because Kobe IS the LA Lakers...
i know what ur saying but i like him. Absolute star player, how could u hate him?
LA Lakers though need him to fire but i mean they have quality players in Gasol and Odom and Vujacic. Its not like they r a 1 man team. i remember when he was out injured the Lakers were still winning most of their games.
I know what ur saying but

Congrats to the Lakers. Im very glad they bat the Spurs and Im happy for Kobe, the rest of the guys on that team for how far they've come.

And Although I dont really like the Spurs I gotta give them props to and congraulate them also. They truely are the model franchise of the league and atleast tony parker is fun to watch. That team aint no joke.

And Im going to miss the TNT crew for these next 5 months. After seeing all those past gone fishin pictures it made m realize how much i love those guys over ESPN?ABC. (No homo)