What will New York do with Pick #6?

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
Both players are great OJ Mayo, and the Italian star. I would rather get OJ Mayo, he is just below Rose, and Beasley for the most talent that he would bring into a team in the NBA.

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
Deandre Jordan sounds like he could have alot of potential but he might end up being another curry too, but not as bad. Hes shaq/wilt like when it comes to shootin free throws. That randolph dont look to bad but i like that arthur guy too. I obviosly wouldnt make a decision this early, thats just how im feeling right now but when we hear more about how the workouts ill have a better idea of whats best for the knicks. Anything is better then the italian kid and lmao @ no one callin him by his name. Its not really important, he might be arite offensivly but i dont expect much from him.

How about we all take a page from MSG and cool off on all the rhetoric. There is enough time to see/hear about these guys in camps and individual workouts.
When people diss guys that they have never seen and/or never read about its disheartening. The Knicks do not need to go and trade a pick just because it's not the 1st pick in the draft. Look, we could have had a chance at a front court of Marcus Camby and Amare, or Camby and Butler, or even Camby and Nene, we didn't because some thought we needed to trade the pick to get better faster than we needed to. There is no rush here, Take it easy and lets see what these guys have to offer. I personally have no favorite just waiting and seeing. Maybe a trade will be the best way to go, but right now, its just too early to tell

lilman_bklyn

Rotation player
One other point I have to make though, and I do have to disagree with MSG and others on this fact, its not because guys are European that they don't play D and are soft, Got Every Parker theres a Jaric and for every Dirk there's a Lampje yea, but for Every Duncan there is an Olawakandi, for Every Garnett there is a Robert Traylor, for Every Allen Iverson there is a Dajuan Wagner.

Everyone can't be a superstar, if that was the case, there would be a whole lot more parity in the NBA than there is now. Fact is, there are no Superstars in this Draft that the Knicks can get, The Knicks need to draft need and get the superstar fantasy out of their head. Role Players are on the menu.

And I am alone on this, and I don't care, but I still believe that Curry will rebound and have a GREAT Season next year, better than his 20006-2007 season. Especially if Randolph is off this team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I never said i thought all europeans were soft. I have mentioned ginobili several times. Theres alot of soft americans as well. We seem to have most of them on our team with crawford, curry, snack ransoft, and we used to have channing frye.

Im not against goin international, im all for it. As long as we get the right players. Nocioni of the Bulls is a good example of a rugged european. It seems like the players from argentina are very tough. Pau Gasol is a very good player, and so is Zydrunas iglauskus.

dre48ny

Rotation player
I never said i thought all europeans were soft. I have mentioned ginobili several times. Theres alot of soft americans as well. We seem to have most of them on our team with crawford, curry, snack ransoft, and we used to have channing frye.

Im not against goin international, im all for it. As long as we get the right players. Nocioni of the Bulls is a good example of a rugged european. It seems like the players from argentina are very tough. Pau Gasol is a very good player, and so is Zydrunas iglauskus.

Yo Argentina is in South America, not Europe. Nocioni and Ginobili (Argentina).

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What does everybody think about the option of getting Kirk Heinrich from Chicago? The Bulls will probably shop him if they're thinking about drafting Derrick Rose. I'm not a huge fan of Heinrich. He had a sh*tty year this year, but he has played well before. Trading Zach Randolph straight up would work. Ofcoarse it wouldn't help with our salary cap situation but he could be a decent replacement for Marbury when he leaves next year.

I'm not advocating this trade. I just thought I would throw it out there to everybody.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yo Argentina is in South America, not Europe. Nocioni and Ginobili (Argentina).

I thought it was but i shouldve said international players.

What does everybody think about the option of getting Kirk Heinrich from Chicago? The Bulls will probably shop him if they're thinking about drafting Derrick Rose. I'm not a huge fan of Heinrich. He had a sh*tty year this year, but he has played well before. Trading Zach Randolph straight up would work. Ofcoarse it wouldn't help with our salary cap situation but he could be a decent replacement for Marbury when he leaves next year.

I'm not advocating this trade. I just thought I would throw it out there to everybody.

Hinrich plays on both ends of the court but im turned off (no homo) by the way he played last year. I probably would say no but id depends on how many years he has left on his contract.

pat

Starter

I am usually quite careful with information on the internet. draftnet doesn't have an imprint/disclaimer at all. I have no clue who these guys are. And the draftexpress looks a bit fishy as well. I would very much doubt that Sam Presti, General Manager, Seattle Supersonics would say
"Thanks for running your website...we refer to it as the Wall Street Journal for the NBA Draft. Everyone is watching it, the highs and lows, trends are established off of it."

Don't you think that it is a bit embarrassing that a NBA GM says that he relies on the opinion of a few internet geeks watching you tube videos (at least it is my suspicion that they are). But then again, I might be overcritical.

And even if they are right, I can live with a 19 year old who still needs to develop "lateral quickness". Also -- as some other players said before -- I wouldn't bet on Pringles implementing a defensive scheme.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I am usually quite careful with information on the internet. draftnet doesn't have an imprint/disclaimer at all. I have no clue who these guys are. And the draftexpress looks a bit fishy as well. I would very much doubt that Sam Presti, General Manager, Seattle Supersonics would say
"Thanks for running your website...we refer to it as the Wall Street Journal for the NBA Draft. Everyone is watching it, the highs and lows, trends are established off of it."

Don't you think that it is a bit embarrassing that a NBA GM says that he relies on the opinion of a few internet geeks watching you tube videos (at least it is my suspicion that they are). But then again, I might be overcritical.

And even if they are right, I can live with a 19 year old who still needs to develop "lateral quickness". Also -- as some other players said before -- I wouldn't bet on Pringles implementing a defensive scheme.

Your right, the internet is not the best thing to go by for everything. Its not 100% accurate with analysis of draft prospects. Theres this site called 82games.com that everyones in love with for defensive stats. I found several ways to prove that site invalid. Its a joke to me.

Lateral quickness is something that can only be improved to an extent. Some are born with great athletic ability and some arent. For those who dont have great lateral quickness, theres only so much they can do to improve it.

I believe our gm is pretending to rely on Isiah thomas who is in europe scouting. I have a feeling its gonna be pringles makin the pick. Macaroni being italian will probably go with the italian kid.

Any gm should think defense first. Look what defense has done for the detroit pistons, 6 straight trips to the EC finals. I dont want to see the knicks get embarrassed every year in the 2nd round like we'll see with the toronto craptors, another team built around offense. Im all about the D like Detroit.

DriuBlue

Rookie
Eric Gordan is nice!! Real nice but he reminds me of Ben Gordon too much which is not a bad thing but we have Crawford so for me it does not work!!

As far as Gallinari goes he is mare NBA ready then you think. He played in the toughest league in Italy and is the go to guy already. He also plays in the Euroleague at the same time so he plays 2 or 3 games a week like in the NBA . And he shines every night !!!!!!

He scores any way you can think of & he D's up PG,Sg,SF and PF in a very tough Euro game. His basketball IQ is talked to be like Magic and his shot like Dirk. This is the pick!! Only if Mayo is off the board!!!!

I think that Danilo (Gallinari) will be a great shoulder... He will be able to play like tony kukoc I think...In my opinion we have to wait about 2 or 3 years to have him ready to play vs other great players.
And don't you think that we should trade curry or randolph for a 8th or 10th pick ??? I think we have to rebuilt on good players and this draft is full of players with good skills...
I have to ask you a thing... I have seen only some video on youtube of Mayo but he doesn't impressed me... Is he really so strong ???

sharpie

Rookie
I would only keep this pick if we trade away some players. Here is a realistic trade scenerio

Jamal Crawford
Zach
Wilson Chandler or #6 pick

for

Pavolovic
Wally Z
Damon Jones

I would let the Cavs have their pick this year, but take their (unprotected) 2010 pick from them, to me moving these big contracts is as good as getting the #1 or 2

I like Wilson Chandler and I know everyone thinks Jamal is going to be an All Star with D'antoni, but we have to start trading away good players to better our future. This move would put us at 38 million dollars at the start of the 2009/2010 season! The space created by this move would give us a consitent rotation, we would be a competive team in the East so we could begin to lure players in.

Steph/Nate
Q/Wally/Damon Jones
Gallanari or Wilson Chandler/Wally
D. Lee/Balkman
Curry/Lee

Probably carve out 35-38 wins next year.

I am a Cleveland fan, and I have been trying to use this exact logic on the Cavaliers forum, but you wouldn't believe some of the idiots on the site. I think they must all be Indians fans or something, but thats beside the point. New York has a ton of salary cap to clear, and waiting until the year of LeBron, Wade, and Bosh being free agents is not going to get any of them there. New York is going to have to prove that if one or more of these three ballers comes to the Knicks, they will have no trouble winning, and competing for the championship. With that being said, They cannot be narrow minded and just do everything to bring LeBron James to New York. If they do make this trade, or a similar one, It probably means that they will have a better chance of bringing over Bosh or Wade, but that is not a huge loss. If I were Danny Ferry, and the Knicks offered me Crawford, Randolph, and #6, I would give Wally, Damon, Sasha, and #19, along with one of our #2 picks next year, and our #1 in 2010. With all of those expirings coming off the books for you next season, you would have room to sign Baron Davis, Elton Brand, or any other free agent you would want to pursue. With only a couple teams under the salary cap, most of the all-stars with early options will not use them this offseason. D'Antoni will get Curry back into shape, and he will bring the best out of Quentin Richardson. Some players that may be available at #19 are Speights, Donte Green, Jason Thompson, and Bill Walker, who is valued as a 2nd round pick, but he is going to be a star from what I have seen. I personally think getting 18 mil in expirings, a MLE type contract with just a couple seasons left on Sasha's deal, and 3 picks is going to be better than any deal from any other team. Unless the Cavs are offering James, the Heat are offering Wade, the Raptors are offering Bosh, or the Lakers are offering Kobe, I would jump on the deal, make the best of my extra draft picks, and build that team for a big free agent push in 2010. As weak as the East has been, D'Antoni should be able to bring the offense to life, get the wins up to .500, and possibly get them into the playoffs.

metrocard

Legend
We should trade down with the Nets + their 2nd rounder and draft DJ Augustine IF Mayo and Lopez aren't available.

Paul1355

All Star
Chandler is not yet ready.

Danilo is an experienced Italian player, who has been the star, of a rich and famous team.

I'd like to see the team as;

Marbury
Crawford
Gallinari
Lee
Curry

or

Marbury
Crawford
Chandler
Randoph
Jordan

or

Marbury
Crawford
Chandler
Love
Curry

I only wish we had the chance of Beasly, Rose, or Lopez

I'd take David Lee over Love. I would like to see Lee get a guranteed starting chance he'd take advantage of it and play his ass off, he only gets better. Plus Lee's rebounds and hustle are huge and he can jump start the knicks in any game. Once Lee comes in at times the tide changes for NY and they start playing better people prob won't agree with it but that's how I feel about Lee.

metrocard

Legend
Lee is a keeper, but Love right now is better than Lee. Lets be serious. The dude averaged about 20 and 10 in the PAC-10 in his freshman year. He's no joke. He does everything you want out of a big man except block shots.

Paul1355

All Star
Lee is a keeper, but Love right now is better than Lee. Lets be serious. The dude averaged about 20 and 10 in the PAC-10 in his freshman year. He's no joke. He does everything you want out of a big man except block shots.

I agree that Love will be better over time but i'm just saying if the knicks drafted him this year and had a starting lineup without Zach i'd make Lee the starter and see what he could do if Lee is better coming in the game as a 6th man so be it but Lee will come out stronger evey year as I noticed 2 years ago he had trouble with his jump shot and foul shots and now it's impoved alot he will improve on his weaknesses better than most and that's something to admire and you should really ask yourself if you would take the less talented hard worker than the talented guy that might not strive as much.