What will New York do with Pick #6?

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
marbury>>>andre miller

that european kid is the last thing we need i think, he's 19 years old, he's skinny as hell, and really though how many europeans really live up to the hype??not much and plus NY is going overwhelming to the kid, NY would destroy em

co-sign

Im scared that d'anphony is gonna convince walsh to take that italian kid. Hes gonna be another andrea BUSTnani. It would be a huge mistake. This kid aint gonna play much defense and will get OWNED down low. I will be very upset if we get him.

Trade the pick

marbury>>>andre miller

co-sign

Im scared that d'anphony is gonna convince walsh to take that italian kid. Hes gonna be another andrea BUSTnani. It would be a huge mistake. This kid aint gonna play much defense and will get OWNED down low. I will be very upset if we get him.

Trade the pick

i understadn you not wanting the italian... however why trade the pick this draft has alot of talent and sooo many 6'10 and 7' guys take a chance on sumone that has an upside and maybe youll hit a homerun.... look at amare a big guy not well known who was a project but had an upside and is now a star... yea we looked stupid for passing him up... are you ready to do that again... maybe jordan or randolph could be that homerun .. worst case scenerio it gives us an athletic big guy rather than a fat one like curry

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
i understadn you not wanting the italian... however why trade the pick this draft has alot of talent and sooo many 6'10 and 7' guys take a chance on sumone that has an upside and maybe youll hit a homerun.... look at amare a big guy not well known who was a project but had an upside and is now a star... yea we looked stupid for passing him up... are you ready to do that again... maybe jordan or randolph could be that homerun .. worst case scenerio it gives us an athletic big guy rather than a fat one like curry

Deandre Jordan sounds like he could have alot of potential but he might end up being another curry too, but not as bad. Hes shaq/wilt like when it comes to shootin free throws. That randolph dont look to bad but i like that arthur guy too. I obviosly wouldnt make a decision this early, thats just how im feeling right now but when we hear more about how the workouts ill have a better idea of whats best for the knicks. Anything is better then the italian kid and lmao @ no one callin him by his name. Its not really important, he might be arite offensivly but i dont expect much from him.

No joke some dude on another board compared Gallinari's hops to Rudy Gay. If thats true I wouldn'tnd him although we already have like 5 sf's and I think Wilson will end up being way better than him so...

Last edited:

Blas

Benchwarmer
Draft history of the sixth pick (I hope this is accurate):

Robert Traylor 1998
Wally Szczerbiak 1999
DerMarr Johnson 2000
Alvin Jones 2001
Dajuan Wagner 2002
Chris Kaman 2003
Josh Childress 2004
Martell Webster 2005
Brandon Roy 2006
Yi Jianlian 2007

Not exactly busting with talent. None of these guys are the future all-star of the their team. There is a chance Roy could have the potential to be one.

As far as trading Z-bo with the pick I am all for that. I would be happier if we could still get a first round pick included in the trade.

Or it is possible that Dolan and Walsh could perform massive buyouts on Z-bo, J.James, etc. and trade down with a lower pick and an additional 2nd round pick or some young talent that shows promise. This senerio would not surprise me.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Well, yeah. But trading Zach, Craw, and the 6th pick to Cleveland wouldn't surround LBJ with much better teammates? And wouldn't that actually make him want to STAY in Cleveland?

Look we gotta stop thinking that our future needs to be designed around getting a shot Lebron in two seasons. Cleveland has the resources to surrond Lebron with a solid supporting cast, so be it the Knicks or another team they will use those expiring contracts to get some players around him. I would like to see him a Knick ofcouse, but we gotta stop thinking as if it is inevitable that he will even think about coming here. If Cleveland puts some real good players around him (which again they are in position and willing to do) then Lebron isnt going anywhere. So if we dump some heavy contracts, and as a result we don't land Lebron then I am cool with that. There are going to be other free agents that will be able to help this team.

Further more Zach Randolph and Jamal would be great compliments to Lebron, the problem with Clevland is that they do not have players on their team that can score the ball with out help from Lebron. The one thing that can be said of both Crawford and Zach is that they can score. Ben Wallace made little to no difference on D and was a liability on offense for Cleavlend, replacing him with Zach would be a major upgrade for this team, Jamal Crawford is what they had hoped Daniel Gibson would become for them, a secondary scorer who can create his own shot. Put those two on Clevland for a full season with Lebron, play The Celtics again, and I promise the outcome would be different. The Celtics just dared other players to beat them, and no one could. Could Garnett lay off of Zach like he did Ben Wallace or could they just foul Zach as he caught it down low like they did against Big Ben? As bad as Ray Allen played Wally Z was just as bad, and they actually needed him to step up more than the C's needed Allen. People also forget Zach did play on those playoff Blazer teams, so he is not exactly a stranger to the playoffs.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Does anyone go on NBA draft express? Well they pretty much nail the order of the draft every year. Well the have us picking DeAndre Jordan....Interesting

tinolopez

Rookie
should we send the 6th pick and a fat contract like Z-bo's for a star player?

Im not sure but it might be a good idea if we're gonna make a run at lebron james mane, but i really dont have much 2 say but please reply to this!YA DIG!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No joke some dude on another board compared Gallinari's hops to Rudy Gay. If thats true I wouldn'tnd him although we already have like 5 sf's and I think Wilson will end up being way better than him so...

:lol::lol::lol:

This guy aint no Z-bo, he can get off the ground but he dont have hops like rudy gay :lol:

Hes gonna be another soft bust like andrea barnmommy :lol:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I would pick him over the italian guy

No way. Joradn is going to be another Michael Olakowandi. No work ethic and turnover prone. He did nothing in the tournament. Gallineri is not my favorite player because he doesn't play defense that well but what European player does? I just think that if we're going to play the run-and-gun style, we might as well get players that will play well in that system. We still need a reliable SF. I don't think Chandler is ever going to be a starter in this league and Gallineri fits the run-and-gun style perfectly. Great passer and excellent shooter.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
No way. Joradn is going to be another Michael Olakowandi. No work ethic and turnover prone. He did nothing in the tournament. Gallineri is not my favorite player because he doesn't play defense that well but what European player does? I just think that if we're going to play the run-and-gun style, we might as well get players that will play well in that system. We still need a reliable SF. I don't think Chandler is ever going to be a starter in this league and Gallineri fits the run-and-gun style perfectly. Great passer and excellent shooter.

I would take a chance on chandler off the strength of how he played last year over the italian kid anyday. Maybe your right about Jordan, you probably are. Hes got more potential because of his hops but it sounds like he has no skill and he cant shoot free throws. Ginobili plays defense and Dirk puts in alot of effort although hes not the best defender i respect his effort.

TunerAddict

Starter
Hate to burst all of your guys' bubbles, but Jordan is a chump, and Mike played with the Italian kids father. Remember, he was both a player and a coach in Italy.

We're picking Gally. Deal with it. No one else is good anyway.

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
well, apparently the Bulls are shopping Hinrich, and us needing a PG badly, I will love to have Hinrich on the Knicks and under D'Antoni's system...and I say we package Randolph and our 6th pick for a future first round pick and an expiring contract

:lol::lol::lol:

This guy aint no Z-bo, he can get off the ground but he dont have hops like rudy gay :lol:

Hes gonna be another soft bust like andrea barnmommy :lol:

Come on, Bargnani is a huge talent. He'll probably never reach his full potential, but given the chance to play for the right coach and the right team at the right moment...he could be very good. Like Kukoc good or better. There are a lot of if's, but sometimes all it takes is the right situation. Billups dragged himself (sort of) for years around the League until he reached All-Star status. Ben Wallace was an unsigned scrub with DC and the Magic. Hedo was merely a role player for a lot of years. Dirk was deemed to be a huge bust during his 2 first years in the NBA. And so forth. Bargnani is still young and adapting to a whole new life in North America.

Gallinari is a huge talent, too. Don't know if he's NBA-ready, only seen him play twice...but he's allright. And to be European doesn't mean you're automatically soft as a ballplayer. Last time I checked, there are many soft American players in the League too...and some feisty Euro guys like Turiaf. Birthplace has nothing to do with it.

New New York

Quiet Storm
what are your thoughts on Augustine?

First off let me compliment you on your signature picture, it is a thing of beauty! Second I really like Augustine, they say the only knock on him is his size, but Nate,Boykins, and the legendary AI have proven that talent can't be denied.

I just realized that the Knicks may be stuck with Z-bo. The Bulls and The Cavs are the only team that would need him and have the expiring contracts the Knicks need.

The Bulls would take him for Ben Gordon and Drew Godden but would for sure want our sixth pick. With them already having the Number one, not to mention our last two lottery picks this would be an extremley tough pill to swallow.

We may just be stuck with Z Bo for atleast two more seasons!