Heat might trade pick #2

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flsphyde21sbmay21,0,1487025.column

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basketball/heat/sfl-flsphyde21sbmay21,0,1487025.column

Riley: Well, that?s everybody else?s opinion ? who they feel is number one or number two. The fact that you have the second pick in the draft is a position you can leverage if you don?t like the player, if you feel like you want to go in a different direction. You know, we have a very good power forward in Miami right now and I?m not saying anything about that, but the point is that it?s a position in which you can leverage and do a lot of different things. So, we will use the pick. It doesn?t necessarily mean we?re going to use it to draft somebody, but we?re going to use that pick to try to find as many good players as we can or we?re going to take the player that we really want to take.

Paul1355

All Star
it's a possibility but heat fans would be in uproar to pass up a guy like rose which would probably be their pick being that chicago already has kirk heinrich. The Heat know they need a future star player with Wade or else Wade is gonna be like Lebron...an all star alone that will have the need to be traded eventually. The heat can use either Beasly or Rose and they need one of them Pat Riley needs young, guranteed talent if he thinks his team will win more than 15 games (like last year).

nyKnicks126

This is what I hear, ESPN says that if Rose goes 1st, which there is a high possibility that he will go first, Chicago is crazy over this player, then the Heat will want to trade there rights to a 2nd pick overall. For now the Chicago BUlls are leaning towards Beasley, but that could all change sooner then we think. I know if Rose goes 1st, the heat, and the Knicks will be making a huge trade. I expect Marburys contract to go with that trade.

nyKnicks126

Yeah well, I think Beasley would be a great fit here too, he is the most talented out of all the players declaring for the 2008 draft.

Oldknickfan

Rookie
I think the Heat is just testing the water to see what they could get for their pick. Chances are they will use it for whomever is available -- be it Beasley or Rose. Both will be all stars -- one may be a franchise player!

metrocard

Legend
We're going to get a really good player; whether its 2 or 6. You guys shouldn't worry...this draft is pretty good. I hope Rose goes to Chicago and becomes a bust like Jayson Williams.