What happened with Baker???

WiL8000

Rotation player
My question is, now that Sheed got traded to Detroit, what happened to Vin Baker becoming a Knick. I haven't heard anything on him being picked up by a another team same with Doleac. Hopefully we'll get Wallace this summer unless he changes his mind like Webber did the year before last.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
yeah, really, whatever happened to baker? papers were out of articles on him, and it seems that no team picked him

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
as the trade deadline passed it seems that no team was interested in him, so what will happen to him? can he still be signed?

WiL8000

Rotation player
Yep, they're saying he will sign with the Knicks again in an article I just read.

New York Daily News: "The agent for former Celtics power forward Vin Baker said yesterday his client should be signed by the end of the week, and that the Knicks are among Baker's top choices...

He better sign the dotted line..........

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I hope that he does sign with us. After these last 2 games, something needs to be done and I hope that Baker can give us the post player that we need. Jump shooting is not cutting it anymore.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Until KT, Deke and Mohammed prove that they can bang consistently inside then we do need Vin Baker. When their shots aren't falling then the Knicks lose games. We need an inside presence that will put the opponents big men in foul trouble. The Knicks have not been doing that and in turn players like big Z kills us inside. We need Vin Baker post abilities right now.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Deke and Mohammed aren't providing enough offense down low and they're not drawing enough fouls. I'm not saying that they never will, but the Knicks are in a critical moment of the season. With this road trip they need to at least win more than half of these games to stay competitive in the east. Mohammed needs to prove himself, his defense hasn't been great. Deke is looking clumsy too, yea he gets rebounds, but he looks like he is having trouble holding on to the ball. This is why the Knicks must sign Baker. So they have another option besides K. Thomas. Kurt is the only big man the Knicks have right now that I am at least comfortable with.

AJD

Benchwarmer
Deke had hands of stone as soon he lost to Shaq in the Finals. :fazer: :machinegun: (these smileys are so much better than the ones at nykfange.com) :rofl: