Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Expectation of Walsh and D'Antoni

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Nyk Logo Expectation of Walsh and D'Antoni

    If the Knicks waste their pick on a PG inwhich they dont need then Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni are clueless on their million dollar job in New York.

    The Knicks Major Problem is subtracting players from the roster first, before adding any player to the roster. That's how you build a winning team from a losing team.

    I hated Isiah Thomas philosophy when he first got the Knick Job of getting rid of all Layden Players. That was a clueless philosophy, which was very easy to do. Because Layden finally put some winning players on the roster that season in Mutombo, KVH, Doleac, and a healthy Mcdyess.

    Now, for Donnie Walsh to show that he is not clueless of this Knick team he have to get eight of Isiah Thomas players out of the Knicks lockerroom before the 2009 draft night, and get some 2009, 2010, and 2011, draft picks in return for Isiah bum 8 cancer players. That is how he could show that he is the right "MAN" for this Knick Job. The Knicks dont need an average G.M. or President to "TRY" to cleanup after Isiah.
    They need someone that will talk that talk and walk that walk.

    Knick Lockerroom Cancer Players that must go before the 2009 draft: Marbury, Crawford, Jones, Q.Rich, Jefferies, Malik, Zach, and Jerome James...

    What's your expectation of Walsh & D'Antoni???

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    53
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I expect to be in the playoffs this season and to be a contender the following season

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    102
    Rep Power
    0

    Nyk Logo

    I expect the Knicks to draft the best possible player available no matter what posistion we need everything there is not one player on the current roster that cant be replaced.You get better by drafting correctly and taking the best player there.And honestly people keep saying the coach and GM are clueless and idiots and if they do this there stupid and if they do that were ruined,Why not just give it a chance they have been here for a couple of months and have done nothing yet and all you people do is talk ****.We have a very well respected guy in Walsh and a coach that has done nothing but win compared to where we were 4 months ago with Isiah and your stll crying honestly we should feel lucky we got them both because I didnt think we could get either one with the way this franchise is so clueless and the way Dolan acts.Face facts the Knicks were a joke the last 8 years and nobody wanted to come here with Dolan and this roster so please stop complaining.And as far as the Knicks making the playoffs and winning a Championship in the next two years please wake up and act like you have been watching this team and realize we are not good and have to completely rebuild.

  4. #4
    Member LOIOSH30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    203
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by jimenezz7
    I expect the Knicks to draft the best possible player available no matter what posistion we need everything there is not one player on the current roster that cant be replaced.You get better by drafting correctly and taking the best player there.And honestly people keep saying the coach and GM are clueless and idiots and if they do this there stupid and if they do that were ruined,Why not just give it a chance they have been here for a couple of months and have done nothing yet and all you people do is talk ****.We have a very well respected guy in Walsh and a coach that has done nothing but win compared to where we were 4 months ago with Isiah and your stll crying honestly we should feel lucky we got them both because I didnt think we could get either one with the way this franchise is so clueless and the way Dolan acts.Face facts the Knicks were a joke the last 8 years and nobody wanted to come here with Dolan and this roster so please stop complaining.And as far as the Knicks making the playoffs and winning a Championship in the next two years please wake up and act like you have been watching this team and realize we are not good and have to completely rebuild.
    Damn...I agree 1000%

  5. #5
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Heres what i do If I am Walsh

    Currently our lineup will probably look like this if Dantoni has his way:

    1. Marbury, Robinson, Collins
    2. Crawford, Chandler
    3. Richardson, Balkman, Jeffries
    4. David Lee, Z-Bo,
    5. Curry, Morris

    Inactive list:
    James, Rose

    Draft:
    Pick #6

    Team Assesment:

    PG:
    Im curious to see what Steph does next season. He seams to be a perfect fit in Dantoni's West Coast offensive scheme. And now that they don't have a shot at Derrick Rose, it only makes sense to have Marbury give it one last shot as it is in his best interest to work with Dantoni. Trading Marbury would only further put us in Salary Cap hell. If you look at the Knicks, he is the only guard capable of breaking down defenses and being a distributor while also being able to play defense. I see Marbury starting and Nate coming off the bench as a carbon copy of Barbosa.

    SG:
    Before you guys start calling for Crawford to be traded, he will probably be the player to flourish under Dantoni. Crawford is quick, has great range and great stamina (one of the league leaders in minutes.) If he, like the other knicks can commit to a system and cut down on bad shot selection you will see his efficiency improve. Wilson Chandler as a backup 2 gives you size and another shooter along with some defensive capability.

    SF:
    As for the small forward position Q-Rich will have to suffice. Hes played under Dantoni and had his best season in Phoenix, JJ. Balkman are very limited offensively and simply do not getv the starting nod here.

    PF:
    David Lee has to get the start here. He can run in an uptempo offense and is proficieent at passing. his rebounding and outlets will be critical to getting the offense going for Dantoni. He'll need to get settled into a pick n' roll style and improve his midrange jumper. As for Z-Bo he can score, but his limited athletic ability and lack of conditioning will be exposed in Dantoni's system. His signature jab step and slow moves on the perimiter will throw a wrench into any offense Dantoni seeks to run.

    C:
    Dantoni feels that Curry like Shaq can be worked into his offense. If 1-4 break fast enough he will not be needed in the post and will have time to get back on defense an area he must improve. If the fast break doesn't happen, look for him to be utilized in a half court offense, with shooters giving him good spacing to make his moves. I for one am not a Curry fan and his motivation, conditioning and basketball I.Q. have been suspect to say the least. Morris will probably get 10 minutes spot duty as a back up, but you would have to think dantoni would go with wither Lee or Randolph in a smaller more dyanmic lineup when Curry is out.

    Needs:

    Knicks need defense and perimter shooting, primarily in their front court. Sure guys like Marbury, Crawford are poor at keeping penetrators out, but this is made worse simply by the lack of interior defense present. Curry, Randolph, Lee have zero presence and allow pentrators to get easy layups. An enforcer type PF or shot blocking C is needed desperately.

    Shooting is another hole that will need to be addressed in an uptemto style offense.
    Balkman, Jeffries, Lee have shown limited outside shooting, while Richardson and Crawford have been far to erratic.

    Draft Pick:

    I say use the 6th pick to pick up the 6'10 Italian SF. He is supposedly the best in the Italian League, and is a great perimiter shooter.

    Otherwise i would package it with a crap contract for a two lower picks if possible as this draft is supposed to be deep.

    Trading Block:

    Randolph, Curry, Balkman, Jeffries, Collins, James.

    I would see what I could get for these guys if they are packaged with a draft pick. However I am not looking for another blockbuster trade. I want shorter contracts and draft picks only. As tempting as guys like Artest and free agents like Monta Eliis are, getting under the cap is the number 1 priority when rebuilding.

  6. #6
    Go 1990s New York Knicks! nyKnicks126's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,842
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Here is some information I found the last couple of days.

    Ewing about the assisant coaching job
    "When I get a call, I can answer that question," said Ewing. "Nobody's called me. I still consider myself a Knick. I still want them to do well. I wish Mike all the best in the world. I hope he starts the turnaround process.""
    When the Suns had a chance to draft David Lee in 2005, Mike D'Antoni opposed it, citing Lee's lack of offensive skills."Mike doesn't like guys like Lee who can't shoot," a D'Antoni confidant said."
    It would make no sense trading Lee, at all. He is one of the best

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    As for the draft pick there is no ideas who the Knicks will pick with there 6th pick overall in the draft, pick trades, upgrades, etc. will probably be in sight at the draft, thats my own opinion.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    Last edited by nyKnicks126; May 28, 2008 at 16:46.

  7. #7
    Veteran jpz17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,782
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    You can't really have an expectation after what Thomas has done... I just hope they can win

  8. #8
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Nba Logo

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    If the Knicks waste their pick on a PG inwhich they dont need then Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni are clueless on their million dollar job in New York.

    The Knicks Major Problem is subtracting players from the roster first, before adding any player to the roster. That's how you build a winning team from a losing team.

    I hated Isiah Thomas philosophy when he first got the Knick Job of getting rid of all Layden Players. That was a clueless philosophy, which was very easy to do. Because Layden finally put some winning players on the roster that season in Mutombo, KVH, Doleac, and a healthy Mcdyess.

    Now, for Donnie Walsh to show that he is not clueless of this Knick team he have to get eight of Isiah Thomas players out of the Knicks lockerroom before the 2009 draft night, and get some 2009, 2010, and 2011, draft picks in return for Isiah bum 8 cancer players. That is how he could show that he is the right "MAN" for this Knick Job. The Knicks dont need an average G.M. or President to "TRY" to cleanup after Isiah.
    They need someone that will talk that talk and walk that walk.

    Knick Lockerroom Cancer Players that must go before the 2009 draft: Marbury, Crawford, Jones, Q.Rich, Jefferies, Malik, Zach, and Jerome James...

    What's your expectation of Walsh & D'Antoni???

    First off I like Crawford he has his nights were he can't buy a shot but he can take over a game. With good guys around him, he can be dangerous. But about Walsh and D'Antoni I feel that D'Antoni will make this Knick team better just because he's known as one of the most well-liked coaches in the NBA, and that brings up player morale and confidence on any team. The Knicks had thousands of problems but a huge one was that they didn't respect Isiah Thomas, their coach, and D'Antoni will be respected. Reports I have read is that Q-Rich is actually busting his ass to get in top shape just to play for this guy which well all know he wouldn't do for Isiah...it's not a definet at all but Curry might get off his hump and start playing because of the coaching change...I think most players will be affected postiviely by this move and I think people are not looking at team chemistry and confidence being a huge role when it comes to D'Antoni...but it is. We all know this knicks team can beat anyone if thier all in the game and playing as hard as they can and last year they didn't because of all this crap that happened with steph and isiah and the players looked like they gave up, thats my opinion but that's what i felt. D'Antoni will make this team hustle more, try to have some fun, and will definetly bring up their confidence as basketball players which is how you make talented players better and the Knicks are full of talent. In the case with Donnie Walsh I'm not familiar with his passed trades with other teams but he does have to make an effort to get rid of some guys atleast that have contracts going past 2010. I'd keep Crawford, Lee and Chandler definetly and possibly trade Nate he can be good trade bait. Walsh just has to realize that this NY and by making one bad move your ass is on the line and if Wlash pulls one Isiah move then the fans will be chanting him to leave too.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,978
    Rep Power
    18

    Default

    For those of you who dont know, it was Starbury who got D'Antoni his coaching job in Phoenix, with a mixture of help from Penny Hardaway consistent complaining that he should start over Joe Johnson.
    In the 2003-4 season Phoenix was the first team to Fire their head coach after the 15th or 18th regular season game that season.
    It was no suprise to anyone that the majority of the players on the Phoenix roster did not want to play alongside of "Marbury".
    Amare Stoudemire was not happy about the head coach being fired and in the 18th game that season limped off court to the injured list, not to return to the court untill the third game after Marbury was traded to New York.

    Marbury had the same problem while on the N.J. Nets, when Kittles, Van Horn, and Rookie Kenyon Martin all seem to catch long term injuries.

    This past season after Marbury return plane incident where rumors said the Knick players voted against his return and Isiah Thomas still played him and the Knicks loss the next 5 games with 3 of those games being Blow-outs, should say something about Marbury.
    And Crawford and Zach is even worst than Marbury when you check their resume...

  10. #10
    Newbie Mike Jabroni's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    25
    Rep Power
    0

    Thumbs down

    Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    And Crawford and Zach is even worst than Marbury when you check their resume...
    And Curry isn't?

  11. #11
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    i expect walsh and dantoni to trade the 6th pick to nj for their 10th and 21st pick......then i would dratf dj augistine (pure pg same size as cp3)and robin lopez(energy guy that can defend)

  12. #12
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I think that Donnie Walsh and Mike D'Antoni are going to be better than
    Isiah Thomas. I don't think that the Knicks are going to dramatically improve, though. Playoff series are won with defense. Unless you have a roster full of 3 point shooters,regular season games are also won with defense. An uptempo, run and gun style of basketball isn't going to help the Knicks improve defensively. I don't think Walsh and D'Antoni will be able to fix the problems with the Knicks. I could see them fixing some of the problems, though.

    PS- I agree with Mike Jabroni. Eddy Curry is a cancer. I actually think he's the biggest cancer on the team. But that's something that many people find debateable. I don't know why, though. Eddy Curry was given a 6 year-60 million dollar contract to put up big numbers, and he failed to do it. He showed signs of improvement last year, but he completely folded this year.

  13. #13
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default well..

    With the league so called flopping fine rule coming into effect, I think Curry will be a huge asset all of a sudden. If these guys can't flop no more, then Curry can afford to be more aggresive... if tht is the case... LOOK OUT!

    I doubt this will make people stop floppingg which is really gay by the way, but if it makes em think, then Curry should have a way easier time scoring because of it. Zach should be the one to go if so, most value, and Lee is an auto replacement.

    I am looking forward to the draft eagerly

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: May 14, 2008, 19:55
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 13, 2008, 13:28
  5. Walsh Coach Plan.
    By nyKnicks126 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2008, 10:54

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •