Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another possible trade??

Game Thread Another possible trade??

Just heard in one of my threads about possible trades that the Kings want Curry. I've always liked Ron Artest since the day he came up as a Saint John's kid that the Knicks passed up. He's a great defensive player who averaged 20 a game. Artest's salary is 7.4 mil and Eddy Curry's is 8.9 Mil which means not a big dif in money and the knicks save money but of course the Kings won't trade an all star for a big fat guy like Curry straight up. So you can trade Curry with a PG which the Kings need so throw in Mardy Collins or if they get pushy Nate Robinson with Curry for Ron Artest and maybe a draft pick or young guy...thought on this trade?

Curry and Collins/Robinson FOR Ron Artest and Draft pick/young player??? Or just Ron Artest??

Veteran

Nyk Logo

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Just heard in one of my threads about possible trades that the Kings want Curry. I've always liked Ron Artest since the day he came up as a Saint John's kid that the Knicks passed up. He's a great defensive player who averaged 20 a game. Artest's salary is 7.4 mil and Eddy Curry's is 8.9 Mil which means not a big dif in money and the knicks save money but of course the Kings won't trade an all star for a big fat guy like Curry straight up. So you can trade Curry with a PG which the Kings need so throw in Mardy Collins or if they get pushy Nate Robinson with Curry for Ron Artest and maybe a draft pick or young guy...thought on this trade?

Curry and Collins/Robinson FOR Ron Artest and Draft pick/young player??? Or just Ron Artest??
    just what i said
    "
    i agree with most that... paul..

i like zach starting over lee though

im really feeling the curry for artest trade, id consider throwing in nate too.. but id need a draft pick in return. who did we draft b4 artest ...fredric weiss.. a bum.."

id even consider doing it straight up

Originally Posted by moneyg
    just what i said
    "
    i agree with most that... paul..

i like zach starting over lee though

im really feeling the curry for artest trade, id consider throwing in nate too.. but id need a draft pick in return. who did we draft b4 artest ...fredric weiss.. a bum.."

id even consider doing it straight up
    hah yea but i doubt the kings will do it straight up artest is too valuable the kings are gonna want a Nate or Lee or some young guy that can produce. I'd give them Nate over Lee though.

lmao @ the game thread sign next to this thread

co-sign most of this thread

I wouldnt consider Z-Bo over Lee or even keepin him on this team. Im impressed with his skill be depressed by his stupid play. Hes a turnover waiting to happen, selfish, fat, poorly conditioned, etc. As bad as Zach is Curry is even much worse but theres gm's dumb enough to look at his 19.5ppg 2 years ago. You dont believe me? The GM of the Grizzlies traded pau gasol to the lakers for kwame brown, javaris c and 2 1st round picks that will be 25th and up. The Mavericks made the trade for Jason Kidd giving up 2 1st round picks, 24 year old devin harris, and desagna diop.

The results? Mavs get sonned by Hornets and the Lakers make it to the finals.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

absolutely..

i meant not even getting anything back other than artest for nate and curry.
    nate is inthe last year of his contract and he might want too much of an extension that will mess with the our cap space..

you'd get rid of curry salary 3yrs 30+
    u can always sign artest to a 4yr/26 mil extension..

youd save about 4mil a yr on curry salary and what ever youd have to pay nate probly 6 mil per..
    keep in mind lee is in the last year of his contrat too. they may have to be serious trade bait

Lee would be great trade bait cuz every team wants this guy but so do i and i would try to keep him but if he offers too much then he has to go..money is the most important thing in this franchise right now.

Veteran

Nyk Logo

money(2010) is the issue right now..4real

i think sac will get a little greedy and want us to take back a salary like b.miller.. rahim..kenny thomas... and throw in an expiring like m.rose.. i think id do it though.... cuz each of their salaries are up for 2010 and any one of those players can at least give us waht malik will if not a lot better

Nyk Logo

Would do the trade tomo and throw in Nate if we had to.But its funny thinking about drafting Weiss over Artest and even worse if you remember the year Kobe was drafted by Charlotte we had the next pick and took John Wallace it kills me that we couldnt do anything to drop down and get him all the Lakers gave up was Vlade Divac Im sure we could have offered more.I just hope our recent draft missery ends this year.What a diffrence that would have made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Veteran

i would trade Curry and robinson to the Kings in a heart beat. id want Artest and their 12th pick though. dont think theyd do that? they know johnson is gonna peace for a contender.. they know that Beno can get big dollars elsewhere so getting Robinson who they covet would be huge for them plus Eddy who would fit their rebuilding process.. Curry, Robinson and Martin is a good start.

So we take Artest and with the 6th pick we grab Dannillo from Italy and then take DJ with the 12th pick. They we have a 3 man guard rotation of DJ, Steph and Craw with step coming off the books next year still. and then we have a small forward who can score in Dannillo. both picks that fit nicely into Dantonis system. Then we have Lee, Balkman, Chandler, Collins, and even Randolph as trade bait. im not a big randolph fan but if he can just get the ball off quicker he can really flourish in this system. im afraid lee and balkman dont fit at all.

this could possibly happen.. and then again not happen at all. should be an interesting draft day.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Why the hell would Sacramento want Curry when they have Spencer Hawes? Curry isn't worth the 12 pick at all either.

I dont think Donnie likes artest

ok first there is no way that will happen.... they would never give up artest for curry unless they get nate or lee
    and they wouldnt give up their 12th pick with artest unless they possibly unload a contract and get nate and lee

honestly tho i might still do it
    lee may not come back nate is good but replaceable
    artest provides a good player in a town that i htink would embrace him
    6 could be used on randolph to provide some good young talent and replace lee or on dj to replace nate
    and then 12 could be used to get westbrook to replace nate or jordan to replace lee

then your lineup
    marbury/ dj/ mardy
    crawford/ q-rich
    artest/ chandler/ balkman
    zbo
    jordan

marbury/ westbrook/ mardy
    crawford/ q-rich
    artest/ chandler/ balkman
    randolph
    zbo

seems alot younger and talented to me and more attractive for future free agents like lebron wade and bosh

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    I dont think Donnie likes artest
    That's why this will never happen...I can't imagine Donnie Walsh ever having Artest on a team he runs, you got to remember Donnie had him in Indy, he knows all the baggage Artest brings. Besides, I don't think Artest really fits the style D'antoni is gonna want to play...

Veteran

Paul, no hard feelings but you made another terrible "TRADE" post.

It's not about Donnie Walsh not liking Artest.
    It's about Artest publically bolting away from Donnie Walsh in Indiana, and will not mention anything in the offseason about wanting to play for the Knicks since the hiring of Clueless Donnie Walsh.

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Paul, no hard feelings but you made another terrible "TRADE" post.

It's not about Donnie Walsh not liking Artest.
    It's about Artest publically bolting away from Donnie Walsh in Indiana, and will not mention anything in the offseason about wanting to play for the Knicks since the hiring of Clueless Donnie Walsh.
    If Artest has an attitude towards Walsh then so be it pass this up. It's a different situation for Artest if hypathetically this offer was mentioned to Artest..he could bite...playing for a coach that every player likes Mike D and a big city team like the NY Knicks...