Who will win the 2008 NBA Championship?

• The Lakers

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • The Celtics

Votes: 4 28.6%

• Total voters

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I kinda think Gasol and Odom are good players but overrated. Gasol fits perfectly into the triangle offense which is why it doesnt matter that much, but he is somewhat on the soft side, which is why some call him pau gasoft. Odom has had a couple games in the last 2 series where hes shown he can be stupid at times but most the time hes a good scorer/rebounder/defender.

Other then emotions and white b!tches in colorodo, kobe doesnt have any weaknesses. Hes an all NBA 1st team defense, MVP, great scorer who can do it in so many different ways (no homo) (posting up, mid range, long range, driving to the hoop, fadeaway, etc.)(take notes Lebron). Kobe is easily greater then anyone on the celtics, the rest of the team will have to do their job which i think they will.

Sasha vujacic...i owe you an apology for sh!ttin on you a couple times. Your a good role player.

Vujacic>>>crawford

If the lakers had bynum i would guarentee them a championship but the only thing that scares me is their softness down low. Ronny Turiaf will be a big factor off the bench. Hes a tough player that brings alot of energy.

Derek Fisher and Rondo cancel each other out, Fisher is probably even better then rondo. Rondo plays good 3 out of every 5 games. He has not shown he can be consistent. Fisher is a good defender who will hit the open shot everytime.

I wont watch espn for a couple weeks if the celtics win. Im not sure what to expect, its hard to doubt either team but all i can say is Go Lakers!!!! Beat that Boston Clam Chowdaaa Tea Party racist ass!!!!

*edit*

Bynum>>>Perkins>>>Curry

Paul1355

All Star
celts can't stop kobe and once they try to stop him he'll feed it to odom and gasol and fisher...it's lakers...only way celts can win is if rondo makes 3's and and perkins dominates the boards and post

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Lakers vs Celtics Finals Game Thread/Celtics Suck Thread II

Series Schedule/Results

• Gm. 1: Thursday, June 5 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS
  • Gm. 2: Sunday, June 8 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS
  • Gm. 3: Tuesday, June 10 (8:30 p.m. ET) - BOS at LAL
  • Gm. 4: Thursday, June 12 (8:30 p.m. ET) - BOS at LAL
  • Gm. 5: *Sunday, June 15 (8:30 p.m. ET) - BOS at LAL
  • Gm. 6: *Tuesday, June 17 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS
  • Gm. 7: *Thursday, June 19 (8:30 p.m. ET) - LAL at BOS

* if necessary

Check the Sig

Pricey

Rotation player
Good signature. It describes the series perfectly. The Lakers are going to sweep Boston, so the Celtics better fear LA. lol
Agreed.
Boston came out strong but LA r coming back into it.
KG had a good 1st qtr

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Agreed.
Boston came out strong but LA r coming back into it.
KG had a good 1st qtr
The Lakers are doing what they're supposed to do. They're staying close for the first 3 quarters. But once the 4th quarter comes, everyone knows that Kobe is going to drop 10-15 4th quarter points to put the Celtics away.

Pricey

Rotation player
The Lakers are doing what they're supposed to do. They're staying close for the first 3 quarters. But once the 4th quarter comes, everyone knows that Kobe is going to drop 10-15 4th quarter points to put the Celtics away.
looks like we were wrong ABCD lol

Don't worry. It was only game 1. Series is FAR from over. Lets see what happens when the Celts are faced with adversity when the series goes on the road. Also if you remeber 2 years ago Heat went down to the mavs 0-2 and it was on its way to being 0-3 until wade went on a late run and bought the heat back to win the series eventually. Kobe will do the same...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The NBA Finals is set up differently than the other playoff series.

Games 1 and 2 go to the team with the better record
Games 3, 4, and 5 go to the team with the lower # of wins
Games 6 and 7 go to the team with the better record

The Lakers Just need to win game 2, and the Celtics are assed out. It's no way that the Celtics could survive 3 straight games at the Staples Center.

Allen

Benchwarmer
I think a lot of people on this board are underestimating Bostson. Eventhough I don't like them, Bostson still was the best defensive team in the NBA. The last time Kobe went up against a stiffling defense like Boston's was when he and his HOF lakers went up against Detroit. Look how that turned out. Everyone and their grandmothers know that defense wins championships, just ask the Spurs and Pistons.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think a lot of people on this board are underestimating Bostson. Eventhough I don't like them, Bostson still was the best defensive team in the NBA. The last time Kobe went up against a stiffling defense like Boston's was when he and his HOF lakers went up against Detroit. Look how that turned out. Everyone and their grandmothers know that defense wins championships, just ask the Spurs and Pistons.
This is a Celtics Suck Thread. If you have anything nice to say about the Celtics, don't say it. At least not in this thread. Feel free to open up a "Boston Is Going To Win The Series Thread", if you like.

P.S. - The Lakers are a good defensive team, too(Lamar Odom, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher and Pau Gasol all know how to play defense). So does Ronny Turiaf(even though he doesn't get a lot of minutes) and Andrew Bynum(even though he's out with an injury).

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hate to say it but I think the celtics will win. If bynum wasnt hurt the Lakers would own them. This series aint over yet, cant doubt kobe and the lakers. Gasoft needs to play more physical and so does odom. Kobe needs to take less shots if hes strugllin and pass the ball to derek fisher. Jordon farmar and sasha vujacic need to contribute off the bench. We already know Turiaf is gonna bring alot of energy.

P.S. If the Celtics win tonight I will be gone from here :cry:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The Lakers are going to win tonight's game. I can sense it. lol

I hope so....like i said if celtics win ill be 6 feet deep next to NYknicks126 (no homo)

vh3x3m.jpg

21bov3r.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I hope so....like i said if celtics win ill be 6 feet deep next to NYknicks126 (no homo)

vh3x3m.jpg

21bov3r.jpg
When do you plan on coming back? I know you don't like the Celtics, but the Celtics beating the Lakers is nothing compared to what Metrocard did to NyKnicks126. LMAO!

The Boston Celtics are a physical team like when i used to watch the knicks in the 1990's. They will be a challenge for Los Angeles but with the greatest player of todays athletes anything is possible for the Lakers. It looks like most of you want Los Angeles. I will root for Los Angeles to then. It is good being able to watch a player like kobe bryant. There is not to many of them.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Boston Celtics are a physical team like when i used to watch the knicks in the 1990's. They will be a challenge for Los Angeles but with the greatest player of todays athletes anything is possible for the Lakers. It looks like most of you want Los Angeles. I will root for Los Angeles to then. It is good being able to watch a player like kobe bryant. There is not to many of them.
Who's Pablo Escobar?

I can't disagree any more... Lakers suck, Kobe is a ball hog I guarantee Celtics win
This is the same little boy who did not brush his teeth after sucking on David Lees testicles :teeth:

Any team that makes it all the way to the NBA finals does not suck. You young man is the only one sucking on David Lee. When you are finished i hope you are more sensible with your opinions in the future.
Who's Pablo Escobar?
The king of cocaine

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
This is the same little boy who did not brush his teeth after sucking on David Lees testicles :teeth:

Any team that makes it all the way to the NBA finals does not suck. You young man is the only one sucking on David Lee. When you are finished i hope you are more sensible with your opinions in the future.
That post just got you a rep point. lol