Would u like Zo to play with the Knicks?

Pricey

Rotation player
Hey guys

Just read a report about Alonzo Mourning wanting to play 1 more season in the NBA and his contract with the Miami Heat ends June 30th so i was wondering how people would feel if the Knicks offered him a 1 year contract.
The only reason i bring this up is i think if the Knicks did end up not being able to trade Curry or Randolph someone like Zo could provide invaluable experience to playing defence and help improve those 2 duds and could help David Lee as well.
He is one of the greatest defensive centers to play the game and just want ur thoughts?

Paul1355

All Star
A healthy Zo yea but realize the Knicks financial position. They're in around like 90 mil in debt no joke there the worst financialy team in the NBA and if Zo wants more than a Mil a year there's no chance the Knicks can sign him cuz they can't afford a good free agent. Zo is a need though a shot blocking center but the knicks can just trade Zach Randolph and blkman for Sam Dalembert (good shot blocker) and a player and the salaries arent a big difference and repots say Maurice Cheeks does want Zach Randolph...Alonzo wouldn't be possible because of the money issue...a trade for a shot blocking center has to happen soon

pat

Starter
I think he is more likely to sign with a championship contender. Why would he join a team --for one year -- that is in the rebuilding mode? Also: Why would the Knicks sign a veteran who wants to play another year?

Oldknickfan

Rookie
Three reasons not to have Zo:

1. He is too old to play on a run and gun team.
2. Why would the Knicks spend more $$ for an old vet at this point? Isn't the idea to rebuild and clear cap room?
3. Why would he play with the Knicks in his final year when he could sign for a contender or stay in Miami?

Pricey

Rotation player
I would take Zo today over any big man on the Knicks that isn't David Lee.
same Metrocard.
I didnt really bring up the thread about salary cap space and that, the questio n was really about what could he bring to the team.
Im pretty sure Zo could run the court faster then Randolph and Curry combined. D'Antoni's style didnt stop Shaq from running and he is a fat fk.
People saying why would he want to play in a rebuilding side instead of a contender, he has won a ring! maybe he could get satisfaction in turning a franchise around and making certain players at the Knicks better. Its not always about championships. Once u get 1 its possible to want to do other things as well.
Someone like Zo could do a lot of things for the Knicks, he could show them its not all about paychecks and flash cars and girls. Fk man the guy was sick as and he came back and won a ring! if he cant inspire u to be better and want to play basketball as best u can then no one cant. Thats what he could bring the Knicks, some fking heart.
I know it wont happen but man a lot of worse things could.

Paul1355

All Star
same Metrocard.
I didnt really bring up the thread about salary cap space and that, the questio n was really about what could he bring to the team.
Im pretty sure Zo could run the court faster then Randolph and Curry combined. D'Antoni's style didnt stop Shaq from running and he is a fat fk.
People saying why would he want to play in a rebuilding side instead of a contender, he has won a ring! maybe he could get satisfaction in turning a franchise around and making certain players at the Knicks better. Its not always about championships. Once u get 1 its possible to want to do other things as well.
Someone like Zo could do a lot of things for the Knicks, he could show them its not all about paychecks and flash cars and girls. Fk man the guy was sick as and he came back and won a ring! if he cant inspire u to be better and want to play basketball as best u can then no one cant. Thats what he could bring the Knicks, some fking heart.
I know it wont happen but man a lot of worse things could.

true his defense could teach other guys on the team he can be a mentor i agree with that and he could stuff alot

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I dont know if could help or not,But honestly no FU**ing way I want him here I never forgive he played for the Heat and to me he will always be a member of the Heat I am still loyal to the Knicks no matter how bad they get and I would never sell out and bring him here.That would be like bringing in Pippen after all those wars.He was great but to me he was soft and a cheap shot artist he is the only 7 footer with a 4 foot reach that could not land a punch on a guy who is standing right in front of him but when people would hold him back he was a tough guy SOFT.The only player I will ever give a pass on for banging with the Knicks is the X man.

Kiyaman

Legend
Alonzo has become a player coach on the Heat, inwhich Pat Riley may give him a permanent job in the Heat organization for several years using Zo's Big Man Training Gym in Miami for the players.

I doubt if the Knicks could afford to give Alonzo Mourning close to the loyalty that Pat Riley has given him throughout his career.
Alonzo would be a great piece for the Knicks, but ZO close friendship with ex-Knick players Ewing & Mutombo deletes such thoughts of Zo on the Knicks.

I would also love to see Zo here. Whats money got to do with it? Its a 1 year deal! He would be like M.Rose only 100 times better! I remember the 90's and the heat and I also remember one hell of a "Knick type player" playing center for the Heat, He was a beast. Hell do a sign and trade for M.Rose or any of our expiring contracts besides Marabury's, Maby the'll take Q,Balkman,Nate or anyone else here with 2 years left on their contracts??? (and if he's real swift(Dolan,Walsh,D'Antonie) he could steal a future draft pick)

jzero29

Rotation player
No zo

I don't think So Zo. Sure he may be a valuable locker room presence. But he's not the player he used to be. Obviously, he could help the defense and teaching defense to both curry and Zach. But, hire him as a coach, don't want to see him in knick uniform. Hate that guy, he was always schooled by Ewing. So even as a coach I'd rather hire ewing. Beside Zo and his single kidney only can play couple minutes a game on consistent basis.

moneyg

Starter
no to zo unless miami takes curry and sends over him and haslem 2 years/13.5..

think expiring contracts in two years:alert:

Starks

Starter
Yo speaking of which... can someone please put the Zo vs. LJ & Van Gundy slap box bout from the playoffs on youtube????? I cant find it

That moment will stand in my memory for the rest of my life = )

**Also, if someone could find a video from the Mets game broadcast of Bobby Valentine in his plastic goggles and mustache, I will owe you big time. That right there is like the holy grail of sports videos*****

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Yo speaking of which... can someone please put the Zo vs. LJ & Van Gundy slap box bout from the playoffs on youtube????? I cant find it

That moment will stand in my memory for the rest of my life = )

**Also, if someone could find a video from the Mets game broadcast of Bobby Valentine in his plastic goggles and mustache, I will owe you big time. That right there is like the holy grail of sports videos*****

lmao @ valentine i remember that, i think they had it on the back of one of the newspapers the next day.

I couldnt find a youtube of the van gundy vs Zo but i found one of my favorite dunks

Everyones already said what i was gonna say. I would take Zo on the knicks without thinkin about it but he would go to a championship contender.

Starks

Starter
lmao @ valentine i remember that, i think they had it on the back of one of the newspapers the next day.

I couldnt find a youtube of the van gundy vs Zo but i found one of my favorite dunks

Everyones already said what i was gonna say. I would take Zo on the knicks without thinkin about it but he would go to a championship contender.

damn. somewhere on the web is that video. same for Valentine. I'm literally willing to pay for it so I can save it. who's the ko.com video expert?

Akamu

The King
That fight is in the 1997 Playoff series I believe, New York vs Miami. This is the closest thing I could find:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BV3AWNecWHc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="344" width="425"></object>

Check this one out, Fights and Dunks, Chris Childs boxing Kobe and Nasty Nate at the End:

<object height="344" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vLrTWG1pVQM&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="344" width="425"></object>

If you want to download youtube videos, you can use youtube grabber -OR- use a search engine and look up "firefox add-ons" if you use firefox. They have an add-on that allows you to download almost any video stream from various websites. Eh, I could prolly find that game and download it, I was looking to do a video of the N.Y. Giants SB win, so I might run into that if I ever find the time.

I forgot the name of the "add-on" cause I'm on a laptop right now, I'm building a new comp. so all my websites and such are on my desktop that I took apart-

Last edited:

KologeroBx

Benchwarmer
You Gotta Be Kiddin Me, Fukk No

Whats He Gonna Do Besides Make Millions While Averaging 13 Points And 7 Rebounds And Helping Us To 30 Wins

We Dont Need Old Washed Up Assh-les Who Wont Do Sh-t

Have We Not Learned From Vin Baker?