A Possible Trade thoughts?

Paul1355

All Star
I have heard from one thread and the news that Maurice Cheeks wants Zach Randolph i'm not sure if it's 100% true. If it is why don't we trade Zach Randolph and either Mardy Collins or Balkman with it....for Samuel Dalembert and a draft pick or Sam Dalembert and a young guy. Sam Dalembert averaged 10.5 ppg and 10.4 rebounds per game but what stand out to me is his block numbers and the knicks need a shot bocking center to help that post defense that teams took advantage of last year. Also Sam Dalembert' salary is high but the knicks wll still save money with this trade and dalembert will help alot defensively...thoughts on the idea?

metrocard

Legend
Dalembert would be perfect on this team, a fellow Caribbean brother and Big East player. I've been eyeing him for a while.

moneyg

Starter
Dalembert would be perfect on this team, a fellow Caribbean brother and Big East player. I've been eyeing him for a while.

i like it ....dalembert would be perfect to play alongside curry. similar to when he was in chicago with tysonchandler.......however cheeks wants this trade to happen without including dalembert. they have no other shot blocker. check wants a combination of zach and sam...... which to me would be better than curry and sam:smokin:

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Metro great poster it makes think back to the first round series against the Hawks when those three blew Atlanta out of the arena.

New New York

Quiet Storm
There only one problem Knick brethren....EDDY CURRY! No way we play big E at the PF and not get burned by it. I agree Dalembert would help us a lot, he and Lee would a nice tandem, but what do we do with Eddy "no trade value" Curry? I guess if he slims down see if Miami would take him off our hands. Sac wanted him maybe revisit that trade. If Minny grabs Mayo maybe we can send him there? Not very many teams have a high demand for Eddy.

Boy would I love to have a front court of Eddy Curry and Sam Dalembert. Say what you want about Curry... but you can't deny that fat boy nows how to score downlow. Just put a good defensive center like dalembert to paly next to him and that makes for a pretty even balance of scoring and defense in the post.

moneyg

Starter
Boy would I love to have a front court of Eddy Curry and Sam Dalembert. Say what you want about Curry... but you can't deny that fat boy nows how to score downlow. Just put a good defensive center like dalembert to paly next to him and that makes for a pretty even balance of scoring and defense in the post.

:agreed:thats what i been sayin all along whether u keep curry or zach u have to put a shot blocking f/c next to them. its the only way it will ever work

:thumbsup:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I'm sorry, man. Eddy Curry sucks. I don't want him on the Knicks. He's never been to the playoffs for a good reason. He sucks. And as long as he stays with the Knicks, the Knicks will continue to suck. He's been on the Knicks for 3 years already, and 2 of those years have been years where he's played horrible. His only good year with the Knicks(2006-2007) he was one dimensional and a huge liability. The Center position is the main position where you need defense from. If your center has no defense, you can't win any games. Name 1 center in this year's playoffs(that's in the starting lineup) that has no defense? You can't cause most centers in the playoffs(that are in the starting lineup)by far, play defense.

Paul1355

All Star
well curry would have to be a seperate trade of course he's a whole other story if the Heat or Sacramento might want him i'd make a move to trade him for Salmons who is a defensive SG with a shot or any other player from there that looks like a fit i really don't know the Kings team but any team that reports that they want Zach or Curry i'd call them up in ASAP. because i think Lee should get a starting PF spot and with Dalembert and Lee you'll gurantee that the knicks will average 20 rebounds a game just from them.

FYI i've wanted Ron Artest on this Knicks team since the day he came up a Saint John's guy that the Knicks passed up..bad move. Anyways his salary is 7.4 mil and Curry's is 8.9 mil...they won't accept straight up but if you throw in PG which they need either Mardy collins or if they really get pushy instead of Collins put Nate Robinson then i might just have to go with it..ill make a thread on that trade too

moneyg

Starter
i agree with most that... paul..

i like zach starting over lee though

im really feeling the curry for artest trade, id consider throwing in nate too.. but id need a draft pick in return. who did we draft b4 artest ...fredric weiss.. a bum..

Paul1355

All Star
i agree with most that... paul..

i like zach starting over lee though

im really feeling the curry for artest trade, id consider throwing in nate too.. but id need a draft pick in return. who did we draft b4 artest ...fredric weiss.. a bum..

yea i couldn't find the exact pick but i think its Weiss...and yea Randolph is a 20ppg and 10rb per game player with experience but its his salary thats killing the team and Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni siad that they want to get out of the debt they're in by 2010 and have randolph's salary won't cut it...plus you get alot more defense and the same amount of rebounds for making the Zach for Dalembert move.

moneyg

Starter
yea i couldn't find the exact pick but i think its Weiss...and yea Randolph is a 20ppg and 10rb per game player with experience but its his salary thats killing the team and Donnie Walsh and D'Antoni siad that they want to get out of the debt they're in by 2010 and have randolph's salary won't cut it...plus you get alot more defense and the same amount of rebounds for making the Zach for Dalembert move.

if we trade curry when 2010 rolls around we'd only have about 34 mil of salaries.... way under the cap..if crawford opts oout will have even more.granted we will be picking up salary along the way but it leaves us in a great postion to possibly keep lee.

oh yeah frerick weiss the guy vince carter jumped over his head in an USA game

Kiyaman

Legend
Coach Cheeks wanting Zach Randolph is only Cheeks indirectly telling the 76er's owner and G.M. that he only needs a scoring PF to go alongside of Defensive C-Dalembert, and Leadership player SF-Iggy for his frontcourt to be a strong threat in next season postseason games.
Before Philly would go after a Bum like attitude Zach long contract they would take a chance on J.O'Neal 2 season contract, or search the draft for the second best scoring PF after Beasley.
Zach Randolph is probably the main reason why coach Cheeks bolted from Portland to Philly.
So this trade post for the Knicks is a hype of dream.

Paul1355

All Star
Coach Cheeks wanting Zach Randolph is only Cheeks indirectly telling the 76er's owner and G.M. that he only needs a scoring PF to go alongside of Defensive C-Dalembert, and Leadership player SF-Iggy for his frontcourt to be a strong threat in next season postseason games.
Before Philly would go after a Bum like attitude Zach long contract they would take a chance on J.O'Neal 2 season contract, or search the draft for the second best scoring PF after Beasley.
Zach Randolph is probably the main reason why coach Cheeks bolted from Portland to Philly.
So this trade post for the Knicks is a hype of dream.

since i never heard a report of cheeks leaving because of zach randolph im not gonna believe your statement and he averaged 20 points 10 rb's a game so of course he has value and scored all that on a team that wasn't good offensively. His only problem is his speed which is 0 MPH but if cheeks does want this guy id only offer him for a guy with defense. And theyd prob go for experience over a draft pick for a starting PF spot and J O'Neal? a guy who only played 42 games and didnt even average numbers as good as Zach AND J'O'Neals contract is 19 Mil a year bro come on people are seeing that O'Neal is getting worse as the years go on and he's becoming more injury prone there not gonna go for him.