Another possible trade??

Paul1355

All Star
Just heard in one of my threads about possible trades that the Kings want Curry. I've always liked Ron Artest since the day he came up as a Saint John's kid that the Knicks passed up. He's a great defensive player who averaged 20 a game. Artest's salary is 7.4 mil and Eddy Curry's is 8.9 Mil which means not a big dif in money and the knicks save money but of course the Kings won't trade an all star for a big fat guy like Curry straight up. So you can trade Curry with a PG which the Kings need so throw in Mardy Collins or if they get pushy Nate Robinson with Curry for Ron Artest and maybe a draft pick or young guy...thought on this trade?

Curry and Collins/Robinson FOR Ron Artest and Draft pick/young player??? Or just Ron Artest??

moneyg

Starter
Just heard in one of my threads about possible trades that the Kings want Curry. I've always liked Ron Artest since the day he came up as a Saint John's kid that the Knicks passed up. He's a great defensive player who averaged 20 a game. Artest's salary is 7.4 mil and Eddy Curry's is 8.9 Mil which means not a big dif in money and the knicks save money but of course the Kings won't trade an all star for a big fat guy like Curry straight up. So you can trade Curry with a PG which the Kings need so throw in Mardy Collins or if they get pushy Nate Robinson with Curry for Ron Artest and maybe a draft pick or young guy...thought on this trade?

Curry and Collins/Robinson FOR Ron Artest and Draft pick/young player??? Or just Ron Artest??

just what i said
"
i agree with most that... paul..

i like zach starting over lee though

im really feeling the curry for artest trade, id consider throwing in nate too.. but id need a draft pick in return. who did we draft b4 artest ...fredric weiss.. a bum.."

id even consider doing it straight up:agreed:

Paul1355

All Star
just what i said
"
i agree with most that... paul..

i like zach starting over lee though

im really feeling the curry for artest trade, id consider throwing in nate too.. but id need a draft pick in return. who did we draft b4 artest ...fredric weiss.. a bum.."

id even consider doing it straight up:agreed:

hah yea but i doubt the kings will do it straight up artest is too valuable the kings are gonna want a Nate or Lee or some young guy that can produce. I'd give them Nate over Lee though.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
lmao @ the game thread sign next to this thread :lol:

co-sign most of this thread

I wouldnt consider Z-Bo over Lee or even keepin him on this team. Im impressed with his skill be depressed by his stupid play. Hes a turnover waiting to happen, selfish, fat, poorly conditioned, etc. As bad as Zach is Curry is even much worse but theres gm's dumb enough to look at his 19.5ppg 2 years ago. You dont believe me? The GM of the Grizzlies traded pau gasol to the lakers for kwame brown, javaris c and 2 1st round picks that will be 25th and up. The Mavericks made the trade for Jason Kidd giving up 2 1st round picks, 24 year old devin harris, and desagna diop.

The results? Mavs get sonned by Hornets and the Lakers make it to the finals.

moneyg

Starter
absolutely..

i meant not even getting anything back other than artest for nate and curry.
nate is inthe last year of his contract and he might want too much of an extension that will mess with the our cap space..

you'd get rid of curry salary 3yrs 30+
u can always sign artest to a 4yr/26 mil extension..

youd save about 4mil a yr on curry salary and what ever youd have to pay nate probly 6 mil per..
keep in mind lee is in the last year of his contrat too. they may have to be serious trade bait:beer:

Paul1355

All Star
Lee would be great trade bait cuz every team wants this guy but so do i and i would try to keep him but if he offers too much then he has to go..money is the most important thing in this franchise right now.

moneyg

Starter
money(2010) is the issue right now..4real

i think sac will get a little greedy and want us to take back a salary like b.miller.. rahim..kenny thomas... and throw in an expiring like m.rose.. i think id do it though.... cuz each of their salaries are up for 2010 and any one of those players can at least give us waht malik will if not a lot better

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Would do the trade tomo and throw in Nate if we had to.But its funny thinking about drafting Weiss over Artest and even worse if you remember the year Kobe was drafted by Charlotte we had the next pick and took John Wallace it kills me that we couldnt do anything to drop down and get him all the Lakers gave up was Vlade Divac Im sure we could have offered more.I just hope our recent draft missery ends this year.What a diffrence that would have made!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NYKnicks15

Starter
i would trade Curry and robinson to the Kings in a heart beat. id want Artest and their 12th pick though. dont think theyd do that? they know johnson is gonna peace for a contender.. they know that Beno can get big dollars elsewhere so getting Robinson who they covet would be huge for them plus Eddy who would fit their rebuilding process.. Curry, Robinson and Martin is a good start.

So we take Artest and with the 6th pick we grab Dannillo from Italy and then take DJ with the 12th pick. They we have a 3 man guard rotation of DJ, Steph and Craw with step coming off the books next year still. and then we have a small forward who can score in Dannillo. both picks that fit nicely into Dantonis system. Then we have Lee, Balkman, Chandler, Collins, and even Randolph as trade bait. im not a big randolph fan but if he can just get the ball off quicker he can really flourish in this system. im afraid lee and balkman dont fit at all.

this could possibly happen.. and then again not happen at all. should be an interesting draft day.

metrocard

Legend
Why the hell would Sacramento want Curry when they have Spencer Hawes? Curry isn't worth the 12 pick at all either.

ok first there is no way that will happen.... they would never give up artest for curry unless they get nate or lee
and they wouldnt give up their 12th pick with artest unless they possibly unload a contract and get nate and lee

honestly tho i might still do it
lee may not come back nate is good but replaceable
artest provides a good player in a town that i htink would embrace him
6 could be used on randolph to provide some good young talent and replace lee or on dj to replace nate
and then 12 could be used to get westbrook to replace nate or jordan to replace lee

then your lineup
marbury/ dj/ mardy
crawford/ q-rich
artest/ chandler/ balkman
zbo
jordan

marbury/ westbrook/ mardy
crawford/ q-rich
artest/ chandler/ balkman
randolph
zbo

seems alot younger and talented to me and more attractive for future free agents like lebron wade and bosh

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I dont think Donnie likes artest

That's why this will never happen...I can't imagine Donnie Walsh ever having Artest on a team he runs, you got to remember Donnie had him in Indy, he knows all the baggage Artest brings. Besides, I don't think Artest really fits the style D'antoni is gonna want to play...

Kiyaman

Legend
Paul, no hard feelings but you made another terrible "TRADE" post.

It's not about Donnie Walsh not liking Artest.
It's about Artest publically bolting away from Donnie Walsh in Indiana, and will not mention anything in the offseason about wanting to play for the Knicks since the hiring of Clueless Donnie Walsh.

Paul1355

All Star
Paul, no hard feelings but you made another terrible "TRADE" post.

It's not about Donnie Walsh not liking Artest.
It's about Artest publically bolting away from Donnie Walsh in Indiana, and will not mention anything in the offseason about wanting to play for the Knicks since the hiring of Clueless Donnie Walsh.

If Artest has an attitude towards Walsh then so be it pass this up. It's a different situation for Artest if hypathetically this offer was mentioned to Artest..he could bite...playing for a coach that every player likes Mike D and a big city team like the NY Knicks...

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Here we go again Donnie is clueless and its his fault Artest wont come here.I would like you to tell me why Donnie is clueless what has he done to be such a retard please give me facts.Was it Walsh who went into the stands and had a fight with the Crowd listein I love Artest and know him pretty well but lets be honest his fight was with Ben Wallace and Wallace was right in front of him looking to go at it with him Artest wanted nothing to do with him and decided to fight some drunk little white bitch in the crowd and for the record Im white.Or maybe it was Donnies fault that he wanted to stop playing and become a rapper.Look Artest is a great talent and better than anyone we got at his position but lets be honest Artest and Walshs problems are not just Donnies fault Artest had a lot to do with being traded.But maybe Im wrong you tell me why this man is so clueless and dont talk rumors talk facts and tell me another GM out there with a small market team and no number one pick in the draft like Duncan or Lebron that has competed as well as him.