Mayo to only work out for CHI/MIA/NY/LA and Randolph/#6 for Evans/#16?

metrocard

Legend
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Word-on-the-Street-Workouts,-Trade-Rumors-Heat-Up-2915/
Mayo has reportedly yet to schedule even a single workout, and will probably do so after he officially hires his new agent. We’ve been told by several sources that Mayo may try to pull a Yi Jianlian and only work out for Chicago, Miami, New York and Los Angeles, while shunning the smaller market teams such as Minnesota, Seattle and Memphis. Things could certainly change as the draft develops over the next few weeks.

Our chances of grabbing Mayo look sweeter and sweeter. This only depends on if Miami doesn't pass on Beasley. Lucky for us, we have 3 middle of no where small town franchises picking infront of us in Minnesota, Seattle and Memphis. More power to the Knicks. See, I told you guys all the good things would begin when Isiah leaves this franchise. Everyone is dying to play for New York. Check out these quotes by the lottery picks who worked out for the Knicks.

The opportunity to don the Knicks jersey in the Mecca of basketball was also on each player's mind.

"It's just great to be in this building," said Alexander. "This program has so much history, and to be in here working out in this gym with the Knicks logo on the floor, and thinking about the possibility of wearing my own Knicks jersey, it gives me chills. In college, Madison Square Garden was like my second home. I've seemed to have excelled there, and I would love it if it was my real home court."

Westbrook agreed.

"If I were to become a Knick, it would mean a lot. The Knicks are a great program with a great tradition here, and it would mean a lot coming to a great city with great coaching."

These kids love it!

One trade that is making the rounds would involve the Knicks sending Zach Randolph and the rights to the #6 pick to Philadelphia for a smaller contract, such as Reggie Evans, and the rights to the #16 pick—after July 1st (when Philadelphia’s cap space kicks in). New York would move into position to have significant cap space in the summer of 2010 (possibly to make a run at LeBron James) by unloading the 17.3 million dollars owed to Randolph in 2010/11, and would still be able to keep David Lee around.

Terrible deal for New York.

The 6th pick is untradable if Mayo is going to be available.

I would do Randolph for Evans and the 16th...adding the 6th pick would be ridiculous 76ers would be good at every position, Miller/Igoudala/Young/Randolph/Dalembert all works well together, only piece they'll be missig is a shooter off the bench which they can draft in the 2nd round.

Then again, Randolph was just traded for Francis and Frye; therefor we have to understand his value sticks. I would be heartbroken if this trade went down, how about you guys?

Trin_Starr

Starter
Damn Metro - you're on top of the game this morning :)
I saw that too and wanted to puke!!!

Imagine if Mayo does do that - there's no way Chicago and Miami would take him with the 1 and 2 pick - that just leaves us at 6
And if Donnie pulls that trade - it would be like giving Zach and Mayo for Reggie Evans - I swear to God I would kill somebody!!! lol :)

I think that Zach has trade value so much so that we don't need to include any other sweeteners.
I know Denver is interested in him, so is the bucks, philly and maybe detroit - so why shoot ourselves in the foot - donnie should move him without giving up too much.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
That would be a horrible trade. I don't know why people are dying to get rid of Zach Randolph so much. I know he has no defense, but the way people talk about him, you'd never know he averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds this season. He's one of the few players on the Knicks that played good this season, so before we get rid of him, we should try and get rid of Eddy Curry.

Eddy Curry's stats: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 60% free throws, .5 assists
Zach Randolph's stats: 17 points, 10 rebounds, 76% free throws, 2 assists

Playoff appearances: Eddy Curry 0
Zach Randolph 2

Common sense says to dump Curry. But I don't know. Maybe that's just me.

moneyg

Starter
That would be a horrible trade. I don't know why people are dying to get rid of Zach Randolph so much. I know he has no defense, but the way people talk about him, you'd never know he averaged 17 points and 10 rebounds this season. He's one of the few players on the Knicks that played good this season, so before we get rid of him, we should try and get rid of Eddy Curry.

Eddy Curry's stats: 13 points, 4 rebounds, 60% free throws, .5 assists
Zach Randolph's stats: 17 points, 10 rebounds, 76% free throws, 2 assists

Playoff appearances: Eddy Curry 0
Zach Randolph 2

Common sense says to dump Curry. But I don't know. Maybe that's just me.

id get rid of curry way b4 id get rid of zach.. no question.

if we get mayo we have to get rid of nate.. include him in a trade...but we'lll still need a pg to back up marbury and take over next year.

GetRealistic

Starter
You guys are missing the point. The trade can't be done till July 1st anyway. So obviously if the Knicks have the chance to land Mayo this deal doesn't happen. But if Mayo happens to be off the board I'm for this trade 100 percent. Maybe i'd push for Philadelphia to throw in a second round pick or a future number one pick. But if we can't get Mayo i'd be for it.

What have we all been talkin about for months? Getting under the salary cap and if we can get rid of Zach Randolph (who doesn't fit in this system at all) I'm all for it. We'd still hold the 16th pick where we could potentially land Jordan, Rush, Lawson, Donte Greene, Batum and McGee or even possibly Alexander if he slips which i know is doubtful but its possible.

I hear you all yelling that we should do Curry instead of Randolph. The fact is Philly wants Randolph not Curry. Plus i hate Curry as much as the next guy but he's more likely to fit D'Antoni's system then Randolph is.

It's simple guys, you hold on to the pick until draft night. If O.J. Mayo slips or your really in love with another player at 6 you take him. But if Mayo is gone and you really don't think any other player is that worthy of the 6th pick, you trade back and clear up a ton of cap space. Which remember is our main goal.

Last thing Reggie Evans would immedaitely be our best post defender.

metrocard

Legend
We could still use Nate.

We have to get rid of Crawford primarly. Mayo is taking his position so its best we drop Crawford and let Mayo get as much experience and progress his NBA career.

Randolph and Curry cannot be on this team...Once we get rid of those 3, we'll be on our way to success.

Starks

Starter
I don't know. I just hate the idea of idea of trading a #6 pick. Reviewing Donnie Walsh's draft history, its not that comforting.

Can't we just deal Randloph for a late round draft pick? Zach is completley worthless to this Knicks team as far as achieving any goals. Randoplh is one of those players that are only good for fantasy basketball

GetRealistic

Starter
If we draft a guard, Marbury will be bought out. Its pretty apparent to me atleast. This isn't even a hater comment it's just fact, if we add another guard wheather it be Mayo, Westbrook, or Augustine, Marbury will be bought out.

I understand the arguement that for one season Marbury may help us win more games but does it really matter in the long run if we win 30 or 35 games? I'd imagine D'Antoni would let either Crawford, Nate, or a rookie be the point guard.

I'm not trying to argue that those three above are better then Marbury i just think that is what the orginization will do. And even despite all your guys love to Marbury isn't it better for the team to let a potential young rookie and Nate Robinson in his contract year play the bulk of the minutes for hopefully a rebuilding team.

metrocard

Legend
Zach would fit better in D'Antoni's system, atleast he has range and is more versatile in the post and is a superior rebounder compared to Curry.

Curry would be the last thing we want in this system. I don't understand this theory that Curry > Randolph. We have to get rid of both, but Curry would be the first I would try to move.

Crawford before Marbury. Marbury doesn't need to be bough out, he's going to expire anyway. Robinson isn't a guy you want getting 28 minutes a game, he's better suited for 20. Marbury will play 32 minutes a game, where as a guy like Mayo can start his career with 28 minutes.
Crawford has to go to make room for a guy like Mayo, Westbrook or Gordon. Westbrook is really a SG anyway with PG skills, same with Mayo. Gordon is just a SG. Who ever we draft, Crawford will be in the way.

You can't seriously tell me that Crawford is a better option at PG than Marbury. We need a strong penetrator who can create assist and plays for the team. Marbury is best suited for that position in this offense.

Randolph
Curry
Crawford

Once these guys are gone, everything opens up. Just like how everything is opening with Isiah losing his power.

Crawford continues to stink even when he's not playing for the Knicks

Quote:
Bol Kong did not start playing basketball until the eighth grade but at age 20, this 6-7 shooting guard is drawing the attention of the basketball world.

Playing for Douglas College in British Columbia, Kong showed he can score at will against top NCAA competition like Marquette and Boise State. He recently received a scholarship offer from Gonzaga.

In 2006, Kong scored 30 points in a summer tournament game against a team featuring Jamal Crawford of the Knicks. After the performance, Kong’s coach at St. George’s High School fielded a call from a Boston Celtics scout.

"Jamal Crawford came to me and said, 'You need to make the phone calls for this kid,'" the coach said.

Kong, originally from and still a citizen of Sudan, is now living in Canada. He has been denied a visa to study in the United States on three different occasions.

"I think that Kong’s citizenship in a country on the terrorist short list pretty much dooms him," one expert said. "Not even his standing in basketball has protected him from guilt by association. He can continue to apply. But unless some major intervention on his behalf takes place, I doubt that there will be a change."

moneyg

Starter
zach would fit better tahn curry he's a better post defender than curry(not by much though), runs the floor better, better rebounder, better scorer and he at least can hit a 15ft jumper

curry has to go... send him to sac

id tell philly if we cant get sammy d. to go fcuk off..

zachs salary is not a problem..:smokin:

GetRealistic

Starter
I clearly wrote that Crawford and Nate aren't better then Marbury at the point guard position. Fact of the matter is i still believe Marbury will be bought out if a guard is selected. If we have another guard on this roster there is honestly no use for him. We all know this is deffinately his last season in NY, he has no trade value due to his conduct on and off the court and more importantly he has no trade value cause his contract is unaffordable in todays salary cap age. Not saying Mayo is better suited to play the point, but he is more then capable of playing the point guard. a 6'5 point guard is one nice luxury to have. It immediately helps you on the defensive side. I know you hate Crawford but i don't think he prevents the Knicks from winning, i believe that he would take a back seat if we ever got a player on this roster that could be a star. That said i would certainly listen to trades for Crawford.

In the simpilest terms. We're not going to be a contender next season with or without Marbury. So why not let a young draft pick, nate, and even mardy collins log the minutes.

Back to what you said about Curry/Randolph. Randolph is much better then Curry. But Randolph has a much bigger contract, much bigger ego, has been known to cause problems, and lets face it Randolph may be the biggest ball stopper in the NBA. The guy catches the ball and does a triple jab step and pops a jumper ever time he gets it. Curry unfortunately is never going to be a superstar like somepeople thought he had the talent to be, but he is just 2 years removed from having a pretty solid season for a team that seemed to be getting better. The reason Curry fits more in the system then Randolph is two fold in my opinion.

1. Curry may be fat but hes more athletic then Randolph.
2. Randolph leaving give David Lee more minutes

P.S. Metro you think they'd give Jarded Jordan another look in summer camp? He can't defend at all but he did lead the nation in assists.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I would like to see zach for reggie. No picks invovled.

And I am not convinced on OJ Mayo. There are plenty of reasons to be excited about our prospect of drafting him, but he just bothers me. I have this feeling that he will become a bust or at best a journeyman. If we get him I hope I'm proven wrong.

He looks more like an individual instead of a team player at times and commits a lot of turnovers. Hopefully these negatives involve his age and can be corrected when he matures. I also dislike the idea of him playing the one. Keep him at the two.

metrocard

Legend
Mayo has star written all over him. He can do for us what Roy has done in Portland.

Mayo provides defense at the guard position - something we've lacked since Latrell Sprewell.

Mayo has an NBA ready attitude and maturity level, he's be ready to contribute and has 0 bust potential.

Mayo has the most NBA ready shot of any rookie perhaps and may be the best shooter in this draft when all is said and done - pure shooting is something we have long lacked and its especially important with D'Antoni and our inside players.

Mayo is an exceptional passer for his size, don't play into the stats. USC didn't let him play PG because USC lacks scorers. Mayo can switch roles.

GetReal, the best thing about this draft is the undrafted free agents. I believe we could grab a couple of good guys who are worthy 2nd rounds but won't end up getting drafted. I'm not that disappointed in not having a 2nd. A guy like Shawn James could be a steal.

I guess your opinion on Marbury won't change until he picks up his play again.

No one on the Knicks roster want Zach, you could see the body language the players have with, and especially with the fight he got into with Nate; a locker room favorite. Zach has to go, as well Curry's depressed ass.

jeckomaru, we could get more than that from Philadephia...I'll do that deal if we get a 2nd round in return.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez

No one on the Knicks roster want Zach, you could see the body language the players have with

same goes for steph, that towel head shyt in da bench wit a bummed face even on a big comeback rubs off against the other players, but if steph was the ever get that swagger he use to have then i wont mind keepin em

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Mayo

A couple of draft sites, and Metro, have Chicago picking Rose, Miami taking Beasley, and Mayo falling to the Knicks. I would be delighted if that happens.

There is talk that Miami really likes Mayo and that it has some concerns about Beasley's attitude. There is also talk that Chicago needs a Beasley more than it needs a Rose. i suppose that means there is a chance that Chicago and Miami will work something out - Miami giving Chicago something for taking Beasley.

But lets assume Chicago takes Rose and wants to keep him. Will Miami pass on Beasley? I do not think so. Most teams appear to favor Beasley over Mayo by a reasonably large margin.

If Chicago takes Rose, I think Miami will take Beasley and perhaps then seek a trade with whomever takes Mayo with the idea of getting Mayo and something else for Beasley.

If the Knicks were to get Mayo, would the Knicks be willing to give up Mayo and someone else for Beasley? Pure speculation about an unlikely scenario, but interesting.

If the Knicks do not get Mayo or Bayless, trading down makes some sense. One of Wwestbrook or Augustin will be available several spots later. I like Westbrook over Augustin only because of his size and his defense.

My hat is off to Metro. I don't always agree with him, but that might be because of my ignorance. He always does his homework and he thinks things through.

Yo this some of the best new I heard in awhile for the Knicks. So I think its safe to say our chances of drafting Mayo have increased to about 80%?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't know. I just hate the idea of idea of trading a #6 pick. Reviewing Donnie Walsh's draft history, its not that comforting.

Can't we just deal Randloph for a late round draft pick? Zach is completley worthless to this Knicks team as far as achieving any goals. Randoplh is one of those players that are only good for fantasy basketball
lol So I guess it was good that I traded for him in the Fantasy Draft Thread.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
We could still use Nate.

We have to get rid of Crawford primarly. Mayo is taking his position so its best we drop Crawford and let Mayo get as much experience and progress his NBA career.

Randolph and Curry cannot be on this team...Once we get rid of those 3, we'll be on our way to success.

I'll settle for two out of three Metro...The Blackhole and Crawful got to go!!!

I'm far more concerned with dumping Crawful than anyone else, with Zach it's all about that ugly ass contract. I can't watch another season of Crawfuls' chucking, and I'm worried that with D'antoni that's exactly what we're gonna get...

I keep seeing every body on here wanting Augustin...6 is way to high to draft him, so we would have to trade down. Then you would have to trade Nate, because you can't have two of the shortest guys in the league on the same team...

Pricey

Rotation player
Im just wondering and would like ur opinions.

Is there any chance that Mayo performs so well at Chicago and Miami that they may reconsider taking a Rose or Beasley and draft him within the top 2?
The only reason i say this is i saw Beasleys interview and he was very very cocky and arrogant. It is possible that one of those franchises may be put off by that and think he may not be worth the trouble.
I know i could be way off base but when i saw the interview i thought straight away this guy has a chip on his shoulder and Mayo is going to be a star and if he lights it up at training then u never know. This could fk us up major.