Ron Artest possibly to Knicks..ESPN report

Paul1355

All Star
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...6-08_ron_artest_has_eyes_on_knicks_stint.html

For everyone who didnt like my idea of Ron Artest going to the Knicks..my idea might possibly come true. Espn has reported that Artest could land in NY in a possible trade. If anyone has ESPN Insider or any other info on it i'd be grateful to know im really interested in a move as this one. And i guess for all of you that think the Walsh/Artest situation won't work out...if reports are getting out there about this i don't think people think Walsh really gives a shit about the past anymore he wants to win and artest can help out offenvsivley and defensivley. Walsh was pressured in removing someone during that time of the brawl between Indians and Detroit so removing Artest at that time wasn't surprising. He has baggage but most people would take skill and baggage for no skill and no baggage. In this article Artest admits he wouldn't mind playing in NY and had a grin on his face when hearing the idea and saying "Who wouldn't want to?" and that made me wonder if the knicks could really land this guy that would be the biggest move the knicks have made in a while. READ THE ARTICLE...thoughts now?

Kiyaman

Legend
First and foremost, Walsh did not trade Artest. A year after the Brawl Artest had himself traded by going public and demanding to be traded out of Indiana.
I never gave Walsh much credit for anything, but Walsh was not stupid enough to want to trade a player that is worth $13 million dollars per season inwhich is under contract for half that amount for the next 3 seasons.
Plus the "J.O'Neal, Artest, and Jackson" trio could win any game on any night against any team in the NBA.

I dont see Artest wanting to get anywhere near Donnie Walsh again.
What he says to the N.Y. media is just being nice because they have a reputation of exaggeratting what one says like this article.