View Poll Results: Is Kevin Garnett soft and overrated?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 44.44%
  • No

10 55.56%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

Thumbs down I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

If only he was 6 inches shorter he couldve been a shooting guard

Anyone notice everytime Gasol gets physical with garnett he ends up scoring? Perkins 1 on 1 Defense is better then garnetts. I cant believe this faqqot got defensive player of the year

NO WAY is garnett better then pierce. Anyone who still thinks he is please jump off a cliff

HOW CAN bill russell be proud of this soft piece of sh!t garnot? smh @ bill sayin hes proud of garnett like he was one of his children

Garnetts averages so far through the nba finals

16.6ppg
    40.2fg%
    3.2 topg
    1 bpg
    72.2FT%

How the **** did he get defensive player of the year and how the **** did his name get brought up in MVP talk?

KG is the MOP (no not the mash out posse from brownsville) Most overrated player and thats real talk

Garnett is GarSOFT. He plays like a gaurd. Hes too puzzy to take it down low and bang. He aint no real big man hes a oversized guard.

KnicksonLIN.com

Kevin Garnett is soft. That's why the Celtics are gonna lose Game 6 and 7.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHF6b8zJKFQ&hl=en"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/nHF6b8zJKFQ&hl=en"></param><embed src="[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

^^^
    exactly what im talkin about. You take it right at garnett and he becomes GarSOFT. Gasol who is also known for being soft is realizing that if he shows hes not scared he can score down low. He can get them easy baskets against an OVERRATED GarNOT.

Garnet is a good player, but he is having a really bad series. Also Gasol is killing him. Gasol is owning him, Garnet finally gets here and he plays like crap

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33
    If only he was 6 inches shorter he couldve been a shooting guard

Anyone notice everytime Gasol gets physical with garnett he ends up scoring? Perkins 1 on 1 Defense is better then garnetts. I cant believe this faqqot got defensive player of the year

NO WAY is garnett better then pierce. Anyone who still thinks he is please jump off a cliff

HOW CAN bill russell be proud of this soft piece of sh!t garnot? smh @ bill sayin hes proud of garnett like he was one of his children

Garnetts averages so far through the nba finals

16.6ppg
    40.2fg%
    3.2 topg
    1 bpg
    72.2FT%

How the **** did he get defensive player of the year and how the **** did his name get brought up in MVP talk?

KG is the MOP (no not the mash out posse from brownsville) Most overrated player and thats real talk

Garnett is GarSOFT. He plays like a gaurd. Hes too puzzy to take it down low and bang. He aint no real big man hes a oversized guard.

i agree man whenever Gasol faces KG up in the post and plays agressive he owns KG. Gasol could have been a huge difference in these finals if he wasnt the other ***** in the equation. KG is great, but in defense a decent post center will score a good 20 points off him. all gasol has to do is play agressive in the post...him not doing that makes KG look better.

Some say that Garnett has the Patrick Ewing syndrome suggesting that he takes too many jumpers and doesnt post up enough. Maybe that it true about Ewing sometimes but he was more clutch. He brought us to the finals in 1994 which is greater then anything garnett ever did.

Ewing>>garnett

Thumbs down Kevin GarnSOFT is b!tchmade

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Talk about providing me with a perfect segue; all I've got to do is keep moving and it leads me directly to the Counterfeit Ticket, who continued to dig his own (career) grave in Game 5.

If Kevin Garnett, indeed, is a franchise player, would it be too much to ask it to be for the franchise currently paying him?

Barely shooting 40 percent (and, yes, nearly 13 boards) so far, Garnett has gone to the line a grand total of 18 times in 192 minutes.

Put another way, he has initiated more contact close-fisting than the nebbish in that phone company commercial.

I know, how dare I mock Garnett?

Excuse me, but I have a lot of trouble being overly sympathetic at the sad sight of Garnett aborting both welfare payments with the Celtics down a deuce at the 2:31 mark, and three of four, overall, under pressure with the Game 5 game clock winding down. Game.

How many times have we seen the $20 million-plus wonder beat on his chest, pull on his jersey and scream obscenities after dunking on some schmuck during the regular season? Now here he is at the highest plateau short-arming freebies while stumbling around inside guarded by giraffe Pau Gasol either taking fade-away jumpers or looking to have the refs bail him out.

"Where's the fire when K.G. is down 20?" Artest declared in the first half of Game 4. "Watch how he goes back to huddle like a puppy. You're either a soldier all the time or you're not. You can't be a part-time soldier."

Where was Garnett's ****iness in Sunday's potential closeout game? I want to know. Already minus your starting center due to Kendrick Perkins' shoulder injury, the Celtics needed K.G. to pull a Cedric Maxwell and carry his teammates on his back. Instead the Counterfeit Ticket spent 15 minutes on the bench on account of infantile reaching fouls.

Articulate after me: "Fake Franchise Player."

This just in: Jackson is thinking about employing a "Gouge-a-Garnett" strategy and force him to hit the unmolested 15-footer.

To Garnett's credit, he vowed at Sunday's postgame press conference, if fouled, "I will not pass up taking the free throws."

You can't ask for any more than that.

Meanwhile, Paul Pierce has emerged as the Celtics' MVP, something I've been advocating all season. He and Ray Allen are the ideal go-to-teammates for Garnett, dependable more times than not in momentous games such as tonight, though I look for Doc Rivers to slant the offense toward K.G. early and often to show him there's no faith lost.

Not everyone has supported Pierce as long as yours truly. Column castigator Frank Drucker swears "it took a solid decade away from Rick Pitino to bring out the best in him."
    lmao @ artest sayin garnett huddles like a puppy

Peter Vecsey and Artest ethered Garnsoft. Gay G is the most overrated player in the NBA.

theres a lot of haters here man, theres a lot of things KG does that doesnt show up in da stat sheet, sure KG tends to not show up in da 4th quarter but i still want em in da knicks...he plays wit all his heart every minute, something we cant say about a lot of players in our roster

They were saying something during one of the games that KG was the "best shooting bigman of alltime." I laughed. Then I laughed again. Bull****. Bob McAdoo is. KG isn't even on the same planet.

KG?? Overrated? comeon now, u cant base a whole persons carreer and what he has done based on one player he goes up against....that is not fair. Kg owns most players that he faces.....so what if gasol gives him problems....garnett has a wiery fram....he is nat able to put on weight because of his metabolism....some people are just like that. So if a heavier player tries to score, they might bully him. Garnet has a better offensive skill set and a better arsenal onthe post than any power foward int he league....he is the best all around player in the nba. His heart cannot be measured....i hate LA and kobe and his crying...lets go celtics!!!
    ps. they wanted to celebrate at home...they gave LA that last game

Garnett is overrated, he didn't accomplish anything in Minnesota, it took him 7 or 8 years just to get out of the first round, only been all NBA first team how many times again? Like 4? he underachieved I think, & IMO he's not even top 5, I wouldn't put him ahead of Malone, not even my man BARKLEY!!! Dude was 6'5, and still dominating! And he took his team to the Finals. And his era, it will always be Duncan>Garnett, always.
    Last edited by JUNIOR MINT; Jun 18, 2008 at 01:35.

how the hell is an 11 time all star overrated??? wow

is he soft? look what he did in Game 6 he dominate as far as I see now he has a ring... and kobe is still shaq b!tch

Kevin Garnett has been on the NBA First team 3 years, second team 3 years and third team 1 year.....7 NBA All defensive team, 1 defensive player of the year, 2-time NBA regular-season leader, PER: 2004 (29.4), 2005 (28.2)
    3-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds per game: 2004 (13.9), 2005 (13.5), 2006 (12.7)
    2-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds: 2004 (1,139), 2005 (1,108)
    4-time NBA regular-season leader, defensive rebounds: 2003 (858), 2004 (894), 2005 (861), 2006 (752)
    NBA regular-season leader, points: 2004 (1,987)
    NBA regular-season leader, field goals made: 2004 (804)
    Career triple-doubles (postseason): 3 (as of 2006)
    ONLYYYYYY player in NBA history to:
    average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists per season for 6 consecutive seasons.
    reach at least 17,000 points, 9,500 rebounds, 3,800 assists, 1,190 steals, and 1,450 blocks in his playing career.******

Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise record for most points in one game with 47 vs. the Phoenix Suns on January 4, 2005.
    Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise career records for points, 17,337; rebounds, 9,567; assists, 3,833; blocked shots, 1,450; steals, 1,193; and games played, 851 as of the end of the 2005-2006 season.

Career stats (postseason): 47 games, 22.3 ppg, 13.4 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.9 bpg, 1.3 spg, .458 FG&#37;, .333 3FG%, .761 FT%

only the seventh player in NBA history to average over twenty points per game, ten rebounds per game, and five assists per game in more than one season

IM NOT A CELTICS FAN, BUT I LIKE KG AND HIS GAME....AND IF HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AND HIS INTANGIBLES, HIS HEART AND HIS TALENT DOSENT MAKE HIM DESERVING OF THIS ATTENTION, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE HE HAS TO DO TO GET HIS PROPS.....

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    Garnett is overrated, he didn't accomplish anything in Minnesota, it took him 7 or 8 years just to get out of the first round, only been all NBA first team how many times again? Like 4? he underachieved I think, & IMO he's not even top 5, I wouldn't put him ahead of Malone, not even my man BARKLEY!!! Dude was 6'5, and still dominating! And he took his team to the Finals. And his era, it will always be Duncan>Garnett, always.

bull****......complete and utter bull****.....how many years did it take barkley and malone to win a ring? oops, they dont have one.