View Poll Results: Is Kevin Garnett soft and overrated?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 44.44%
  • No

10 55.56%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

2 years ago and Wade and Melo would be top 5

KG>>>>>>>>>>duncan, f*ck stats, KG does shyt that doesnt show up in da stat line, i just wish he wasnt so unselfish

Originally Posted by jpz17
    No I'm talking like whos the most talented skills wise.. and I'd put Dwight up there, maybe Amare
    gotta disagree with you there, Amare is way more skilled than Dwight, Amare is a better free throw shooter, mid range (10-13, maybe even 15) jump shooter, he's even developing his shot to be able to shoot 3 pointers, his offensive low post is still more skilled and polished than Dwight's, and defensive low post better than Dwight? Not sure, maybe by alittle bit...also, I think Greg Oden will be better than Dwight, Greg Oden is just as Dwight, if he catches it down low, he's just going to go up and flush it on your head, and on offense, he has a left hand, which Dwight doesn't have...I think he's a better free throw shooter than Dwight also? I'm not sure. But, don't get me wrong, Dwight is a great talent, and will be a great player in the future

Hmm interesting thread. Nope I don't think Garnett's overrated. If there was anything negative to be said about his game, it would definitely be his performance in the clutch. He gets too unselfish at times. And loves to mix his inside-outside game too much. When it works it's great, but when it doesn't, he should prioritize down low rather than try to get his rhythm from outside. I also don't think Odom and Gasol took right into Garnett with ease and dominance. In Game 5, Garnett got in foul trouble early and that was because they lacked Perk in the lineup. Garnett had to take the responsibility of defending both Odom and Gasol, who for once, took it aggressive to the basket. Gasol is soft period. Do you ever see Garnett flop? I didn't think so. Nonetheless for what Garnett lacks in the clutch, he makes up tremendously for his defensive intensity and leadership. Garnett, overrated? No freakin' way. This guy's a future hall of famer.

With regards to comparisons to Pierce, I never thought there was any. Was there? Anyway Pierce deserved the MVP 100%. And I congratulate him. After 7 long years of following his career since his breakout season, I'm very happy for him.

Tim Duncan is a great great player. My bold statement for this post would have to be that, at least for this season, Garnett was better than Duncan. Overall of course would go to Duncan hands down.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    gotta disagree with you there, Amare is way more skilled than Dwight, Amare is a better free throw shooter, mid range (10-13, maybe even 15) jump shooter, he's even developing his shot to be able to shoot 3 pointers, his offensive low post is still more skilled and polished than Dwight's, and defensive low post better than Dwight? Not sure, maybe by alittle bit...also, I think Greg Oden will be better than Dwight, Greg Oden is just as Dwight, if he catches it down low, he's just going to go up and flush it on your head, and on offense, he has a left hand, which Dwight doesn't have...I think he's a better free throw shooter than Dwight also? I'm not sure. But, don't get me wrong, Dwight is a great talent, and will be a great player in the future
    Dwight is actually not even a great player, he's the best center in the NBA. I would pick Dwight over Amare 10 times out of 10.

Dwight's rebounding alone makes him a marvel, plus his size, quickness, athelicism, upper body strength, agility is all on a different that no one in the NBA is at. Dwight doesn't have much "skill" but he gets by averaging over 20 ppg and over 13 rebounds. The man is a BEAST, and once he learn those skills he has the potential to averaged 28-30 ppg and 15 rebounds, which would make him a MVP.

Amare is an okay rebounder, and not such a good defender. Offensively he's the best center in the NBA.

Oden won't be better than Dwight, well I'm still stuck from Oden's terrible summer league/preseason preformance.