View Poll Results: Is Kevin Garnett soft and overrated?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 44.44%
  • No

10 55.56%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

Veteran

Toons don't even argue with this foolishness. If any basketball fan ever logged in here and saw some the stuff that comes out from people on this they wouldn't believe it. I try and explain it to my basketball fan friends and they don't believe it. After this last night this thread should be closed. Did anyone see the "layup" KG made after getting knocked from under the basket to halfway down the lane??? Soft??? The Lakers go out and get Gasol and he and Odom got owned by KG and Perkins throughout the series. They don't call him the "Big Ticket" for nothing and now he has a ring. I was as disgusted as anyone watching the Celtics spank the Lakers last night, but give credit where credit is due. I swear this board is like the "Twighlight Zone" of basketball talk. Alot of alternate reality stuff goes on around here.

This is a way overboard, Kevin Garnett is one of my favorite players, and even if he weren't I still don't think there should be this much hate on a guy. I am a diehard Knick fan but I like various players in the NBA and KG is one of my favorites.

Yall need to lay off of him, he is a proven figure in the sport of basketball and excels at the PF position. If I were a moderator I would close this topic without hesitation, this is nonsense.

Originally Posted by Toons
    Kevin Garnett has been on the NBA First team 3 years, second team 3 years and third team 1 year.....7 NBA All defensive team, 1 defensive player of the year, 2-time NBA regular-season leader, PER: 2004 (29.4), 2005 (28.2)
    3-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds per game: 2004 (13.9), 2005 (13.5), 2006 (12.7)
    2-time NBA regular-season leader, rebounds: 2004 (1,139), 2005 (1,108)
    4-time NBA regular-season leader, defensive rebounds: 2003 (858), 2004 (894), 2005 (861), 2006 (752)
    NBA regular-season leader, points: 2004 (1,987)
    NBA regular-season leader, field goals made: 2004 (804)
    Career triple-doubles (postseason): 3 (as of 2006)
    ONLYYYYYY player in NBA history to:
    average at least 20 points, 10 rebounds, and 5 assists per season for 6 consecutive seasons.
    reach at least 17,000 points, 9,500 rebounds, 3,800 assists, 1,190 steals, and 1,450 blocks in his playing career.******

Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise record for most points in one game with 47 vs. the Phoenix Suns on January 4, 2005.
    Holds Minnesota Timberwolves franchise career records for points, 17,337; rebounds, 9,567; assists, 3,833; blocked shots, 1,450; steals, 1,193; and games played, 851 as of the end of the 2005-2006 season.

Career stats (postseason): 47 games, 22.3 ppg, 13.4 rpg, 5.0 apg, 1.9 bpg, 1.3 spg, .458 FG%, .333 3FG%, .761 FT%

only the seventh player in NBA history to average over twenty points per game, ten rebounds per game, and five assists per game in more than one season

IM NOT A CELTICS FAN, BUT I LIKE KG AND HIS GAME....AND IF HIS ACHIEVEMENTS AND HIS INTANGIBLES, HIS HEART AND HIS TALENT DOSENT MAKE HIM DESERVING OF THIS ATTENTION, THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE HE HAS TO DO TO GET HIS PROPS.....

Duncan>>GarnSOFT

KG is soft and he cant dominate the paint. Throw all them stats away. KG needed pierce to carry him. Garnett finally showed up in game 6...big deal!! If the Lakers kept it closer we wouldve seen Garnett become garnot. He starts takin his jumpshots and avoids contact down low in the paint. Perkins controls things better down low then garnett.

Duncan is on another level. BAck in 99 when he beat the knicks he didnt have parker and ginobili on his team. He had an aging david robinson, mario elie, avery johnson, and sean elliot. Garnett cant carry a team like duncan.

KG aint even a #1 option. Hes not a killer. Hes a part time soldier. You gotta be a full time soldier to get respected as a great.

Any smart sports fan knows this. Only peter vecsey is smart enough to see this and write an article on it. If more analysts were bringin this up everyone would agree. Anyone who watches kg enough knows that hes b!tchmade. He comes out like hes coked up in the 1st, more calm in the 2nd, confused in the 3rd, and crying in the 4th. Ive seen it enough times from him.

Hes starts sh!t with other players all the time. When they step to him he becomes a coward. Even Zaza made KG lean back

bull****......complete and utter bull****.....how many years did it take barkley and malone to win a ring? oops, they dont have one.
    Malone in BArkley>>Garnett

They also played during the jordan era and they didnt have posey, pierce, and ray allen to carry them. Dont even compare garnett to malone and barkley.

I jacked this post from another website

Originally Posted by tophy1979
    I hate this excuse, when Cassell went down why didn't KG step it up?
    You acting like Duncan didn't drop 27 ppg and 14 rpg on 2 injured ankles against the suns in the WCF in 05. He also had a monster series against Dallas in 06 32.3 ppg 16.6 rpg 3.7 apg 2.6 bpg all while playing with Plantar fasciitis.
    Also tell me if KG could win a title with the team Duncan had in 03
    Tony Parker (2nd year player nowhere near as good as he is now)
    Stephen Jackson (not as good as he is now and he was the 2nd option)
    Malik Rose
    Bruce Bowen
    David Robinson (His last season)
    Manu Ginobili (Rookie and also not as good as he is now)
    Steve Smith
    Steve Kerr
    Kevin Willis
    Speedy Claxton
    Danny Ferry
    Devin Brown
    Anthony Goldwire
    Mengke Bateer
    Yeah I'd like to see KG win a title with this team.
    Duncan is a true champ, a true #1 option. KG is a good #2 but pierce carried his b!tch ass from the end of the cleveland series. I dont care that KG finally had a good game in the finals. He shouldve dominated the lakers down low the entire series. He should be the finals mvp. Who do they got to stop him? No ONE. He played like b!tch the first 5 games, i hate to see him get credit for one good game.

Originally Posted by MSGKnickz33

Duncan>>GarnSOFT

KG is soft and he cant dominate the paint. Throw all them stats away. KG needed pierce to carry him. Garnett finally showed up in game 6...big deal!! If the Lakers kept it closer we wouldve seen Garnett become garnot. He starts takin his jumpshots and avoids contact down low in the paint. Perkins controls things better down low then garnett.

Duncan is on another level. BAck in 99 when he beat the knicks he didnt have parker and ginobili on his team. He had an aging david robinson, mario elie, avery johnson, and sean elliot. Garnett cant carry a team like duncan.

KG aint even a #1 option. Hes not a killer. Hes a part time soldier. You gotta be a full time soldier to get respected as a great.

Any smart sports fan knows this. Only peter vecsey is smart enough to see this and write an article on it. If more analysts were bringin this up everyone would agree. Anyone who watches kg enough knows that hes b!tchmade. He comes out like hes coked up in the 1st, more calm in the 2nd, confused in the 3rd, and crying in the 4th. Ive seen it enough times from him.

Hes starts sh!t with other players all the time. When they step to him he becomes a coward. Even Zaza made KG lean back

Malone in BArkley>>Garnett

They also played during the jordan era and they didnt have posey, pierce, and ray allen to carry them. Dont even compare garnett to malone and barkley.

LOL THE BIG STAT MAN SAYS THROW THE STATS AWAY LMAO HAHAHAHA,
    im not even gonna argue with u, cuz this is a really stupid arguement.....u consistently try to compare players when no1 was ever making a comparison....so all ur spurs jargon is void....i never said garnet was better than barkley....i stated that barkley or malone dont have a ring...try reading next time b4 u jump on a ***** fa disagreein with u....btw, what does fighting have to do with u being a good player?? u wrong on so many levels.....

ypu know MSG.. I used to respect you.. but now I don't know

LOL THE BIG STAT MAN SAYS THROW THE STATS AWAY LMAO HAHAHAHA,
    im not even gonna argue with u, cuz this is a really stupid arguement.....u consistently try to compare players when no1 was ever making a comparison....so all ur spurs jargon is void....i never said garnet was better than barkley....i stated that barkley or malone dont have a ring...try reading next time b4 u jump on a ***** fa disagreein with u....btw, what does fighting have to do with u being a good player?? u wrong on so many levels.....
    Im not a stat man. I look at everything. ****in idiot why would i argue marbury had his best year in 06-07 when stats dont come close to backin that up? ****in fakkit

By sayin that barkley and malone dont have a ring and kg does...what do you expect me to think your tryna say? fighting has nothin to do with playin the game but its part of my arguement as to why kg is b!tchmade. He comes out coked up for 3 quarters and then he dissapears in the 4th. Its not worth arguing with a closed minded individual such as yourself. KG is great only because thats what you hear all the time.

Originally Posted by jpz17
    ypu know MSG.. I used to respect you.. but now I don't know
    says the fakkit whos afraid of me....i dont give a **** about your respect. Just because i dont always agree with majority opinions you lose respect for me? Everyone be clownin you on this site. Dont nobody like you. Pablo Escobar ethered your b!tch ass. **** outta here kid.

Garnett is a good player but Gasol and Odom seriously allowed him to do what he wanted. I wonder what he would have done if he came up against a Duncan or Chandler or something. I found the way he acted after he won the championship to be comical at best. Ive never seen someone so over the top and attention-seeking. Every single person in my house watched the celebrations and all said what a jackass Kevin Garnett is.
    "Top of the World... Top of the world...." what a absolute joke. Nothing wrong with celebrating with ur team but i find that he tries to take the attention away and focus it on himself.

Originally Posted by Pricey
    Garnett is a good player but Gasol and Odom seriously allowed him to do what he wanted. I wonder what he would have done if he came up against a Duncan or Chandler or something. I found the way he acted after he won the championship to be comical at best. Ive never seen someone so over the top and attention-seeking. Every single person in my house watched the celebrations and all said what a jackass Kevin Garnett is.
    "Top of the World... Top of the world...." what a absolute joke. Nothing wrong with celebrating with ur team but i find that he tries to take the attention away and focus it on himself.
    Duncan is a better person and a better player then garnett. Hes humble, hes the silent assassin. One of my favorite quotes about this comes from Ron ARtest:

"I remember one time Kevin Garnett was mushing him, and shoving him in the face; and Tim Duncan didn't do anything, he didn't react. He just kicked Kevin Garnett's ass, and won the damn championship. You know what I'm sayin'? That's gangsta. Everybody can show emotion, dunk on somebody, scream and be real ****y; but Tim Duncan is a ... he's a pimp."
    Being humble>>being emotional

I was upset to see garnett gettin the media attention and not pierce. I hate to see KG get all the credit that he doesnt deserve. Ive seen people on other sites comparing him to tim duncan and it makes me feel disgusted.

Gasol and Odom cant challenge KG but he still underperformed. He shot 40% for the first 5 games and averaged 3 turnovers. I dont care that he had one good game. Whoopdy doo.

smh @ these lames actin like i said kg sucked. I just said that hes soft, hes overrated, and that pierce and tim duncan are both better.

Duncan is a better person and a better player then garnett. Hes humble, hes the silent assassin. One of my favorite quotes about this comes from Ron ARtest:

Being humble>>being emotional

I was upset to see garnett gettin the media attention and not pierce. I hate to see KG get all the credit that he doesnt deserve. Ive seen people on other sites comparing him to tim duncan and it makes me feel disgusted.

Gasol and Odom cant challenge KG but he still underperformed. He shot 40% for the first 5 games and averaged 3 turnovers. I dont care that he had one good game. Whoopdy doo.

smh @ these lames actin like i said kg sucked. I just said that hes soft, hes overrated, and that pierce and tim duncan are both better.
    Paul Pierce was sensational and deserved his finals mvp no matter how much **** we talk about him.
    KG stole the limelight when it should have been on Pierce. Pierce was a Celtic for 10 years, their captain and almost traded at the start of the season. He took apart the leagues MVP in the biggest series of his life.

Im not a stat man. I look at everything. ****in idiot why would i argue marbury had his best year in 06-07 when stats dont come close to backin that up? ****in fakkit

By sayin that barkley and malone dont have a ring and kg does...what do you expect me to think your tryna say? fighting has nothin to do with playin the game but its part of my arguement as to why kg is b!tchmade. He comes out coked up for 3 quarters and then he dissapears in the 4th. Its not worth arguing with a closed minded individual such as yourself. KG is great only because thats what you hear all the time.

says the fakkit whos afraid of me....i dont give a **** about your respect. Just because i dont always agree with majority opinions you lose respect for me? Everyone be clownin you on this site. Dont nobody like you. Pablo Escobar ethered your b!tch ass. **** outta here kid.
    lol, now im an idiot...you dont even know me, ur funny......marbury had his best year in 06-07? lol ok, lets not turn this into a "starbury" argument. Cuz u cant seem to stay on track, like u gat ADD or sumthin. I was not "trying" to say anything, i said it....i said they didnt have a ring, in reply to jr mint saying that kg took 8 years to make it out of the first round.....but u, u, the KO "bully" LMAO just has to have an opinion on everything everyone says.....just like a little bitch....KG is great because of what i hear???? how do you know what i hear?? stick to knicks arguments....u know that team well....saying that KG didnt accomplish anything in minny is garbage and stupid,...who said it was stupid, who agree with that statement is completely assified. Do u even know what verrated means??? kwame brown in highschool was overrated....KG is a proven warrior and now he is a proven champion. co and call ur fan club to back up your bull****.....bumbaclat *****hole

this is pure comedy man you got me laughin

listen up ya bumbaclot ***** boyah

I brought up marbury because you called me the stats guy. You completely missed my point, im not suprised.

I know what overrated means but you spelled it vverated

Good job spellin ADD right

Im sayin kg is overrated based off of what i here analysts and fans say. When i hear kg compared to duncan and pierce....thats what makes me think hes overrated. Hes not the type of player that can carry a team like dwayne wade did or....the guy who i hate...michael jordan. Garnett did not deserve the spotlight after last night, pierce is without question the best player on the celtics. For celtic fans to say that kg is the best player on the team...its that type of sh!t that make me say hes overrated. And hes soft, he shoulda sh!tted all over the lakers from game 1.

this is pure comedy man you got me laughin

listen up ya bumbaclot ***** boyah

I brought up marbury because you called me the stats guy. You completely missed my point, im not suprised.

I know what overrated means but you spelled it vverated

Good job spellin ADD right

Im sayin kg is overrated based off of what i here analysts and fans say. When i hear kg compared to duncan and pierce....thats what makes me think hes overrated. Hes not the type of player that can carry a team like dwayne wade did or....the guy who i hate...michael jordan. Garnett did not deserve the spotlight after last night, pierce is without question the best player on the celtics. For celtic fans to say that kg is the best player on the team...its that type of sh!t that make me say hes overrated. And hes soft, he shoulda sh!tted all over the lakers from game 1.
    you should be a secretary the way you spot typos.....oh, and btw, here is a place.....you "here" analyst and fans say? did u drop out of the second grade or something? bottom line is, u just like to have something to say....and u stuck ur head in a a conversation that did not require your opinion....u ran on like a bitch about a sentence that wasnt directed to you....yeah...garnett is soft .lol....ur an ass...i know u hate the celtics...but discrediting KG for who he is and what he does is retarded....i have nothing else to say, cuz its like arguing with a girl about sports

you should be a secretary the way you spot typos.....oh, and btw, here is a place.....you "here" analyst and fans say? did u drop out of the second grade or something? bottom line is, u just like to have something to say....and u stuck ur head in a a conversation that did not require your opinion....u ran on like a bitch about a sentence that wasnt directed to you....yeah...garnett is soft .lol....ur an ass...i know u hate the celtics...but discrediting KG for who he is and what he does is retarded....i have nothing else to say, cuz its like arguing with a girl about sports

This dudes a ****in clown

You kids cant argue without swearing, can you? I partially agree with msgknicks33 but he went too far. If he had said "Garnett is soft at times and hes a great player but not as great as some people say he is" then i would completely agree.