View Poll Results: Is Kevin Garnett soft and overrated?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 44.44%
  • No

10 55.56%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I dont want to ever see Garnett compared to Pierce again

Kevin Garnett is a great player.. better than Rached, better than Marion, better than Gasol, better than Shaq now, better than Boozer, Ming, as good as Hoawrd now. and better than Duncan now.. I know you guys will kill be for saying that, but hes not as talented stats wise as Garnett, but he can win better thats for sure

He averaged 20 ppg and 10 rpg in the playoffs and he has more rings than Gasol now.
    He has had 11 straight seasons with at least 18 ppg.
    10 straight seasons with 9 rpg

Originally Posted by jpz17
    Kevin Garnett is a great player.. better than Rached, better than Marion, better than Gasol, better than Shaq now, better than Boozer, Ming, as good as Hoawrd now. and better than Duncan now.. I know you guys will kill be for saying that, but hes not as talented stats wise as Garnett, but he can win better thats for sure

He averaged 20 ppg and 10 rpg in the playoffs and he has more rings than Gasol now.
    He has had 11 straight seasons with at least 18 ppg.
    10 straight seasons with 9 rpg
    I agree with everything except hes not better then Duncan. Thats why hes overrated, for anyone to even think about saying that. I already posted this but I will again, this is the team that Duncan played with in 2003 when he won the championship.

Tony Parker (2nd year player nowhere near as good as he is now)
    Stephen Jackson (not as good as he is now and he was the 2nd option)
    Malik Rose
    Bruce Bowen
    David Robinson (His last season)
    Manu Ginobili (Rookie and also not as good as he is now)
    Steve Smith
    Steve Kerr
    Kevin Willis
    Speedy Claxton
    Danny Ferry
    Devin Brown
    Anthony Goldwire
    Mengke Bateer

Dont even try to tell me Garnett could win a championship with this group. Hes not a #1 option like Duncan is. He shoots 47% for his career in the playoffs which isnt bad, but it cant match Tim Duncans 50% for his career playoff average.

What type of numbers did Duncan average in 2003 when he won the championship with the group above?

24.7ppg
    52.9fg%
    15.4rpg
    5.3apg
    3.3bpg

I dont think you realize how great tim duncan is.

Duncan is a better defender. Alot of players got robbed this year. KG is a great team defender but im not impressed with his one on one defense. If Pau Gasol was smarter he wouldve taken hard at KG everytime (no homo). Duncan is stronger, he owned pau gasol. You would think the quicker more athletic garnett would block more shots right? wrong!! Duncan is even a better shot blocker.

Duncans a better passer then you think he is with a playoff career average of 3.5 assists per game. The only thing that garnetts better at is shooting free throws. Hes a skinny soft overrated emotional piece of sh!t. Hes still the 2nd best big man but no ****in way is he 1st. Thats the most ignorant thing i have heard all week.

Thumbs up

"Where's the fire when K.G. is down 20?" Artest declared in the first half of Game 4. "Watch how he goes back to huddle like a puppy. You're either a soldier all the time or you're not. You can't be a part-time soldier."

@ peter vecsey callin kg the "Counterfeit Ticket"

looks like there is no more work for me to do here. Jpz17 hit a new low in this thread after making the claim that Kevin Garnett is better then Tim Duncan. I will spare him from insults this time. Kurt Rambis recently had this to say about kevin garnett

"Thats not toughness thats false bravado"

I said better than the current Duncan... Not the 03 one

I said better than the current Duncan... Not the 03 one
    jpz7....thats not true. Duncan still ****s all over garnett and always will.

Duncan vs Lakers

22.4ppg
    17.4rpg
    4.8apg
    2bpg

Garnett vs Lakers

18.2ppg
    13rpg
    3apg
    1bpg

This has gotta be a ****in joke. Please tell me you jokin? This is the dumbest arguement i have ever been part of. KG stans have been gettin shot the **** down for years thinkin hes better then duncan. Let me put it this way...if i was unable to argue with anyone that duncan is better then garnett i would retire from my posting career. Its too easy. Duncan is a better scorer, defender, rebounder, and hes just as good of a passer. The only thing he cant do as well is shoot free throws.

Big ****in deal. Duncan has carried a team to a championship by himself, something that garnsoft could never do. Duncan is a #1 option, garnett is too soft and shy in the 4th quarter to be a #1 option. Ive been on other forums where minnesota fans complain about garnett fading away in the 4th quarter of playoff games. They describe him as being passive. A star player and a true #1 option wants the ball in the 4th quarter.

So KG is the defensive player of the year? **** outta here with that. That award doesnt mean **** anymore. Gasol had his best scoring game when perkins was out and garnett had to defend him for most of the game. Gasol who is also soft like garnett finished with 19 points (60%fg), 13 rebounds, 6 assists, and 2 blocks.

Perkins defense on gasol>>garnetts

Heres a comparison of gasols numbers vs the celtics (KG) and vs the Spurs (duncan)

Pau vs Spurs 13.2ppg, 46%fg, 9.6rpg
    Pau vs Celtics 14.7ppg, 53%fg, 10.2rpg

Garnett never has been and never will be better then duncan. Duncan with plantar fasciatis is still >>> Garnsoft.

Please no one ever make yourself look stupid and compare garnett and duncan like jpz7 just did. Theres no comparison.

I just proved that garnetts overrated. Overrated means to give too much credit to someone. Jpz7 said that garnett is better then duncan. I proved him wrong, can one of the mods please switch his vote.

you think you proved me wrong.. you only proved to me about what teams you like and what teams you hate.. you obviously like the HATED SPURS

Thumbs down

you think you proved me wrong.. you only proved to me about what teams you like and what teams you hate.. you obviously like the HATED SPURS
    the spurs are ok....duncans aiight but i like ginobili no homo. I finally got over them beatin us back in 99. I gotta respect them, they've had some great teams just like this current celtics team. I give credit where its due. With what you wrote it makes me think that you either cant read or did not read what i wrote.

obviously you hate Garnett and always have.. Theres nothing the matter with that. So I should'nt even bother because its against him and not for Duncan. Now I understand that you hate him, because I would do the same about Kobe.. But we won't talk about that

obviously you hate Garnett and always have.. Theres nothing the matter with that. So I should'nt even bother because its against him and not for Duncan. Now I understand that you hate him, because I would do the same about Kobe.. But we won't talk about that
    It aint even a hate thing. Duncan is straight up better and anyone who goes through this thread will see that im right. I supplied more then enough facts. For someone to say garnett is better then duncan is givin garnett too much credit, also known as overrating him which proves my point and proves that this thread has a valid purpose.

hes top 8 in NBA

I don't put into fact team playing, and winning for the better player..

hes top 8 in NBA
    I agree. Hes top 8 but alotta people would say hes top 5. This is where i would put him:

1. Kobe or CP3
    2. Kobe or CP3
    3. Tim Duncan
    4. Lebron James
    5. Paul Pierce
    6. Deron Williams/Kevin Garnett/Dwayne Wade??

I never said hes not a great player. I think hes overrated because some people think hes just as good as paul pierce and better then Tim Duncan.

I still think Dwayne wade is top 10. What he did in 2006 was incredible. Hes been injured since then but i cant forget about how great he played against the Pistons and how he almost single handedly (some help from snaq o meal) carried the heat past the mavs after droppin the first 2. If injuries havent slowed him down then hes clearly better then kg, whos not capable of carrying a team like that. In garnetts defense, its tough for a pf/c to carry a team in todays league the way a guard can.

I don't put into fact team playing, and winning for the better player..
    Im not sure what your tryna say. Everyone on my top 8 list can win. Lets not forget hwo great kobe played until the finals. I do think kobes even overrated but hes still a top 3 lock. The celtics are the 3rd best defensive team ever, according to some article from espn or where ever its from i forget.

No I'm talking like whos the most talented skills wise.. and I'd put Dwight up there, maybe Amare