The Perfect Knicks Storm!

umynot

Benchwarmer
I as a true Knicks fan have been thinking of what would be are best option for this upcoming draft to help us turn things around!

Well even though I am not an Isiah hater ( I actually still believe his some of his moves will turn out) getting Walsh might have started the Perfect Storm for us! We are never in the mix for D'Atoni if he is not in charge!

D'Atoni will bring a winning mentality to a team in desperate need of a change in our mental thinking! He fell in our lap! Think about it when the Suns played the Spurs last month we were talking Markie J for coach! Now we have a coach who turned the Suns around and made them the most exciting team in the league in one season!

He traded there best player at the time(Starbury) and yet still made the playoffs! Is that happening again now!

With some luck I think it could!

We missed out at the lottery as far as getting sixth pick but maybe that could somehow be a part of the Storm too! If we never move up the age in the draft Mayo would of outright been # 1 last year no doubt! Over Oden! But 1 great season on a subpar NCAA team yet Rose or Beasley ( not convinced Rose goes 1) get picked 1 & 2! Now mayo is there available!

First he is told from Coach Floyde he must look more for his shot then getting his team involved! Now he has been labeled not a good enough passer! Yeah right! Then the agent thing! Off court problem! The credit card thing! Now he works out for only the big markets ! Snubs everyone picking 3 -5!! Minny picks @ 3 and look like they want a big!! Bayless is a lock for Seattle and Memphis have drafted mayo types the last 2 years!

Can it be? Can we get him?( Maimi seems interested but if Mayo is not there that means Beasley or Rose drop! Doubt it!!)

Maybe not at six but with some creative maneuvers we should be able to get the # 3 pick from Minnesota or the # 4 from Seattle ! Cant see Memphis drafting Mayo with the Guards they have!!

From what I have read Mchale is in love with Love!! He believes he would be the smartest pick for them! Love should be there for sure @ 6!
Now just give them what else they want and # 6 and get Mayo!

Or trade Crawford to Seatle and swap picks with them then swap picks with the Wolves again throwing in something they want to make it work!

Draft Mayo trade Randolph to 1 of the many teams that seam interested in him and add another pick in this draft! Philly @ 19 would get us a young big with some talent! Koufos comes to mind! If he aint there Abika or Jordan Mcgee anyone of them can pan out!

If all this can just come together maybe we can form a squad with a potential superstar on it! Which since Ewing we have not had!! Mix some Mayo with some D'Atoni add a little Walsh and we might have the recipe for a Perfect Storm...........

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
this is a great thread i like your thinking but it could be harder to get the 3 pick then it sounds i do think we will move up in the draft and we somehow end up with Mayo:crossfingers:

you also gotta look at this.. if Minny doesn't take Mayo which i think they will take Lopez then pretty much Mayo is ours cause seattle want Bayless next to Durant and the Grizzlies will take Love whih leaves us with Mayo

but if we don't then D.J or Westbrook are def directions we should go then we trade Zach and we got ourselves the right mix of youngsters and veterans

Chandler will dominate next year!

jpz17

Starter
Chandler will dominate next year!

I'm sorry but I would have to disagree. Its still too early for him to play great. I saw him last year, he has great potential, but lacks exp and knowledge of the game. He will be good, but hold on don't rush it.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I as a true Knicks fan have been thinking of what would be are best option for this upcoming draft to help us turn things around!

Well even though I am not an Isiah hater ( I actually still believe his some of his moves will turn out) getting Walsh might have started the Perfect Storm for us! We are never in the mix for D'Atoni if he is not in charge!

D'Atoni will bring a winning mentality to a team in desperate need of a change in our mental thinking! He fell in our lap! Think about it when the Suns played the Spurs last month we were talking Markie J for coach! Now we have a coach who turned the Suns around and made them the most exciting team in the league in one season!

He traded there best player at the time(Starbury) and yet still made the playoffs! Is that happening again now!

We missed out at the lottery as far as getting sixth pick but maybe that could somehow be a part of the Storm too! If we never move up the age in the draft Mayo would of outright been # 1 last year no doubt! Over Oden! But 1 great season on a subpar NCAA team yet Rose or Beasley ( not convinced Rose goes 1) get picked 1 & 2! Now mayo is there available!

First he is told from Coach Floyde he must look more for his shot then getting his team involved! Now he has been labeled not a good enough passer! Yeah right! Then the agent thing! Off court problem! The credit card thing! Now he works out for only the big markets ! Snubs everyone picking 3 -5!! Minny picks @ 3 and look like they want a big!! Bayless is a lock for Seattle and Memphis have drafted mayo types the last 2 years!

Can it be? Can we get him?( Maimi seems interested but if Mayo is not there that means Beasley or Rose drop! Doubt it!!)

Maybe not at six but with some creative maneuvers we should be able to get the # 3 pick from Minnesota or the # 4 from Seattle ! Cant see Memphis drafting Mayo with the Guards they have!!

From what I have read Mchale is in love with Love!! He believes he would be the smartest pick for them! Love should be there for sure @ 6!

Or trade Crawford to Seatle and swap picks with them then swap picks with the Wolves again throwing in something they want to make it work!

Draft Mayo trade Randolph to 1 of the many teams that seam interested in him and add another pick in this draft! Philly @ 19 would get us a young big with some talent! Koufos comes to mind! If he aint there Abika or Jordan Mcgee anyone of them can pan out!

If all this can just come together maybe we can form a squad with a potential superstar on it! Which since Ewing we have not had!! Mix some Mayo with some D'Atoni add a little Walsh and we might have the recipe for a Perfect Storm...........

Great Thread but one question....who are these teams with so much interest in Zach Randolph?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I'm sorry but I would have to disagree. Its still too early for him to play great. I saw him last year, he has great potential, but lacks exp and knowledge of the game. He will be good, but hold on don't rush it.

yea i know i got ahead of myself but i meant to say he'll be really effective for us on both sides of the ball and by 2009-2010 he should start emerging and a young all-star loll

Yes!

:agreed:

Great Post.... I'll be praying for rain and wind!

:update:
I hear Philly and possably Detroit are taking a loo at Z-Bo
:crossfingers:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
*Presses Ctrl + F and types "curry"*

*Sees that Curry is not involved in umynots thread*

*leaves thread dissapointed*

metrocard

Legend

LOL

Good post.

What about

Curry
Randolph

for

Collins
Cardinal
Miller?

Memphis desperately need big men.

I dunno.

I just want Curry and Randolph gone, you guys got any better ideas? There has be some out there.

GetRealistic

Starter
Better ideas then that? Absolutely there are. But come on people there is deffinately no way we'll be able to package off both in the same deal.

I'd much rather have Zach gone then Curry. Curry obviously stinks as well but, basically the same roster minus Zach Randolph should promise two seasons ago. Not to mention Curry's contract is shorter and less expensive.

umynot

Benchwarmer

Cant get rid of everyone this year!! Randolph had the best #s on our squad last year & seams to be generating some interest!!

If it was really up to me we would have a garage sale and start over!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
LOL

Good post.

What about

Curry
Randolph

for

Collins
Cardinal
Miller?

Memphis desperately need big men.

I dunno.

I just want Curry and Randolph gone, you guys got any better ideas? There has be some out there.
I got two excellent trade ideas:

1) Zach Randolph and Mardy Collins to the Cleveland Cavaliers

for

Joe Smith, Anderson Verajao, Damon Jones, and a 2009 second round pick from Chicago

2) Eddy Curry and David Lee to the Timberwolves

for

Corey Brewer, Greg Buckner, Mark Madsen, and a 2009 first round pick from Boston

You might think that the Timberwolves won't give up a first round pick, but they have 3 first round picks for next year(including Miami's). I'm sure the Timberwolves would be willing to give up the Celtic's pick(which will most likely be #30). David Lee would compliment Al Jefferson well.

Last edited: