westbrook will be the newest knick as of now!!!

the newest mock draft from espn just came out having westbrook being the knicks pick at number 6
this seems like it may actually happen since first offf it makes sense since we need a pg but the knicks have sang his praises since his workout with the knicks

they love how he can control the floor, penetrate, were greatly surprised by his sound shooting, his incredible athleticism, but most of all by his great defense something we need !!!!!

i think westbrook would be one of the best possibilities for the knicks... he has the ability to make an immediate impact for the knicks but if he continues to grow he has all the tools to become a major star in the league

now in this most recent mock draft there were alot of good players that fell late into the draft such as alexander at 8 randolph at 12 lopez jordan etc.

is there anyway the knicks could package someone in order to get another young talent that could develope with westbrook to create a dynamic young core

maybe we could pry the pick away from the bucks or the nets or kings maybe even the raptors or pistons... most of these teams have been rumored to trade with the knicks this offseason

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i been saying if we don't get Mayo then Westbrook is our guy and i really see him in a knick uniform...besides that he will develop into a big star as you said D'Antoni will work with him on the offensive side and get his jumpshot to respectability and who do we got....young D-Wade Westbrook is the player most like D-Wade im not comparing them im just saying Wade was an underdog coming into the draft and look how he turned out...not to mention Westbrook plays incredible defensive on the perimeter which is what we could use he could guard Billups Nash etc.

exactly my point he has that key defense that we desperately need and he controls the floor like a good general and with his athleticism and knowledge of the game the offensive side will come with time.....

i still would like a second pick to put another rookie on the team to develope as well
preferably a good all around guy to develope into a star like alexander or a post guy like randolph

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
yea his offense will really show up during end of year 1 beginning year 2 he'll have D'Antoni as his coach so his offensive opportunities will come and he'll develop a great offensive game....best thing i like about and why i feel he's perfect for the knicks isn't his pg skills or his defense or his scoring/athleticism its that he 's a team player and he has no problem dishing it to the open teammate he doesn't mind scoring 10 pnts 6 reb 5 ass as long as they win which the part i love most bout his game

funny you mention that cuz down the road i always saw him as a guy who would be getting double doubles and close to the triple doubles consistantly
now this is a lot to achieve but thats the type of excitement i get from westbrook

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Russell Westbrook is a great defender. If the Knicks get him, that could help their backcourt a lot. In my opinion, if we don't get Mayo, Walsh should also consider re-signing Fred Jones. He's also a good defensive guard.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
funny you mention that cuz down the road i always saw him as a guy who would be getting double doubles and close to the triple doubles consistantly
now this is a lot to achieve but thats the type of excitement i get from westbrook

yea he's a pretty electric player one that changes the game constantly i REALLY want him

you its funny cause ive looked at many of yours and my postings datprince and see we dont agree on many things ... im happy we found some common ground finally .... westbrook is a perfect fit for the knicks and walsh needs to make it happen

Akamu

The King
I agree with getting O.J. Mayo before Westbrook If he is somehow available. It's a win win situation. So many star caliber players! I like D.J. Augustin but Westbrook has more game to benefit from. One of the many monsters in this draft!

GetRealistic

Starter
We all preach Defense. So adding a guy that ESPN says will immediately be a top 3 perimeter defender in the league sounds like a plan to me. In this system he can get by with just be atheltic and running the lanes until he polishes his offensive game. Plus he would be a big time defender now and in the future.

The league is dominated by guard play, so having a player who can defend both guard spots would be tremenous. Look at Rondo he has no offense but he was a major component to there team.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We all preach Defense. So adding a guy that ESPN says will immediately be a top 3 perimeter defender in the league sounds like a plan to me. In this system he can get by with just be atheltic and running the lanes until he polishes his offensive game. Plus he would be a big time defender now and in the future.

The league is dominated by guard play, so having a player who can defend both guard spots would be tremenous. Look at Rondo he has no offense but he was a major component to there team.

That sounds like a plan to me too. Defense wins championships and....i like your john starks banner. Akamu is that dude for hookin everyone up.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
you its funny cause ive looked at many of yours and my postings datprince and see we dont agree on many things ... im happy we found some common ground finally .... westbrook is a perfect fit for the knicks and walsh needs to make it happen

LMAO yea i know it's about time loll but yea we did disagree about many things like wilson chandler lmao but ehhy we both like Westbrook's game..... and were knicks fans that in itself is alot

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the Celtics proved it again that defense wins championships and thats what D'Antoni needs to do it won't hurt having guys who run his offense the way he wants to but they also play defense..which is the key to our success and that always has been for the knicks

so we draft Mayo or Westbrook both are really good defenders start Chandler he plays defense too and start lee after we get rid of Randolph or Curry and we got a defensive team for the most part but they also play D'Antonis style

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend

Rondo gets to play with 3 HOFs

if Westbrook is drafted, he'll have the luxryto play with Crawford-Randolph-Curry.

Westbrook's jumpshot is garbage for a guard, his ball handling weak and overall offense isn't efficient. He isn't going to be the best guard available at 6. Really overrated.