What is up with T. Thomas

WiL8000

Rotation player
Yesterday at the garden really struck a nerve with me. Tim Thomas is not living up to the role he should be filling. In the last three games 2 losses 1 win, Tim Thomas has had weak friggin numbers, period. The fans at the garden started chanting "Keith Vanhorn" repeatedly, and I can't blame em. He needs to step it up soon, especially on this road trip comming up. Otherwise it looks like the Knicks made a bad trade, Nazr has been sucking too by the way. :evil:

allan20

Benchwarmer
i remember van horns first games weren't that good either
but if we look back a little bit, when starks was traded for spree, latrell wasn't accepted so quickly, but he becamed in a short while the fan favorite, espacially after ewing left, then things weren't easier for KVH too, and you heard how the crowd was chanting for him last night

i bet the same thing will happen with tthomas also, we just need to give him some time to adapt oneself

WiL8000

Rotation player
I hope your right man. It's true KVH had a hard time for his first couple of weeks in NY, and maybe I'm being a little haste in my comment. It just looked like T. Thomas wasn't making an effort. Marbury started out crappy, but he kept on trying to make shots and better passes, by the end of the game, he was on fire, no one else was. My point is that Thomas needs to keep on trying, by the end of the game he looked out of gas. The Knicks really need to sign Baker before the end of this week. I've read several articles that say he is most interested in the Knicks. Most of these same papers said Wallace would be a Knick before the deadline as well. Overall I think we really need him. Kurt is the only reliable big man we have, the man needs some help.

l3fty

Rookie
A lot has been said of TT's athleticism. I watched the last couple of games but I haven't seen it yet. He has a great body but moves slow and is not aggressive when posting up. Just watch penny and anderson and compare their intensity with TT's during that last game, big difference. TT never even looked interested when fighting for post position when plays were ran for him. I'm still open for him to step up since it HAS only been three games but he better show us something if he wants fan support.

AJD

Benchwarmer
TT is not a smart ballplayer and he is a slacker. You all will accept it with thime. It was such a stupid trade. :hoops:

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
If TT really is a slacker, I think he'll learn soon enough that NY won't put up with his half a**ed attempt to play ball. The fans will continue to let him know if they don't like what he's doing and Isiah has proven that he can get rid of undesirable players/contracts.

I'm gonna give him so time to see what he can do and if he is able to step up to play in NY.

TIM WILL COME INTO HIS OWN PRETTY SOON .HE JUST HAS TO ADJUST .
HE HAS ALREADY SAID THAT COMING TO PLAY FOR NEW YORK WAS A DREAM COME TRUE..NOW HE HAS TO LIVE UP TO THE DREAM...EVERYONES TALKIN ABOUT KEITH VAN HORN PLAYED SO WELL IN THE MILWAUKEE GAME BUT U GOTTA REALIZE THAT KEITH JUST LEFT NEW YORK ...NEW YORK FOR GODSAKES WHERES HIS PRESSURE IN MILWAUKEE TO PERFORM BIG ....ON THE OTHER HAND TIM HAS A SH*T LOAD OF PRESSURE JUSTLET HIM GET ADJUSTED TRUST ME

AJD

Benchwarmer
Obviously he'll say its a dream come true, otherwise Knicks fans would kill him. What's he supposed to say? "I really don't want to be here. "? Its obvious that he'll say that. Dont be stupid, think of what would happen if he said something different. :smash:

jayp

Benchwarmer
tim thomas should be putting up decent numbers in 2-3 games once he gets comfprtable.. if not then id say it was a bad trade, maybe they could have waited until offseason to make the trade..

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
jayp said:
tim thomas should be putting up decent numbers in 2-3 games once he gets comfprtable.. if not then id say it was a bad trade, maybe they could have waited until offseason to make the trade..

I think Isiah felt that TT and Mohammed were pieces that the Knicks needed to make a playoff run.

Tim is happy to be playing in NY and once he becomes comfortable and learn the plays, I think that he will be very productive. Him and Steph are close and Steph will get on his a** if he's not giving it 100%

WiL8000

Rotation player
The Knicks lost again tonight, which sucks, but at least Nazr and Tim picked up their games, thats a positive sign.

jayp

Benchwarmer
yeah.. t thomas scored a lot and nazr played a decent game.. steph, penny and shandon had a bad shooting night which i think was the reason we lost..

KnickFan2080

Benchwarmer
ok, tthomas is starting to showing us something, that's good (maybe because the kvh chants were missing?), nazr also had a nice game, we should have won this game, i'm really starting to wonder if we can still make the playoffs this year. it's the 3rd straight loss, and houston must comeback

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
I dont think that Houston needs to rush back. The Knicks should have won that game last night but they let up in the 4th quarter. Stephon needs to trust his teammates and not try to win the game by himself.

jayp

Benchwarmer
i didnt get to see the game but maybe it was only tim who was hot and when he cooled down there was no other player scoring.. i think that stephon took it upon himself to score since the other knicks weren't doing well, that's a trait of great players but unfortunately he shot poorly...

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
The other players were hitting their shots but they kinda fell off in the 4th quarter. I respect that Stephon wants to take the big shots but if they aren't falling then make plays for someone else.

jayp

Benchwarmer
i see.. well, that was always a weakness of stephon, if no one else was scoring he does it himself.. but nonetheless, we should one this game..