Trade Up, Trade Down, or Stay at 6th?

Simonus

Rookie
I feel the knicks should trade down westbrook and augustine are both going to be available in the ten to thirtheen range and I feel you can't go wrong with either one of them but I feel its very impotant for the knicks to try and get another pick and if the nets really want gallinari maybe we could pry the
10th and 21st pick from them for the 6th pick that way we could take which ever one is available westbrook or augustine at number 10 and the if cdr is sitting there still available at number 21 we can snatch him up to or if cdr is off the board already we could take a chance on a young big with alot of potential such as batum, ibaka or jordan who I think is going to fall come draft night

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
A little off-topic: I honestly believe at least 5 players of the top picks from 3-10 will be busts or career bench players. I guess what I'm trying to say is that we should be VERY careful of what to do with the pick, considering we're in rebuilding mode. I'd rather focus on getting the players with the most guaranteed upside (which are very very few in this draft) then just trade the pick if we can't with a young improving player. Westrbrook and Augustine are just ok for me. But not high on them at all. Our offseason/draft moves for the next 2-3 seasons are gonna be crucial for the franchise's future, and one bust or wrong move, and we've wasted a season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Some may not agree, but.......

Isiah Thomas should make all the draft decision on selection of players on Thursday.
However, this 6th pick will probably be the only way we could get rid of Zach Randolph and receive something decent in return. Or else we will be locked up with attitude Zach for another 2 to 3 more seasons.
Zach Randolph does not fit on any uptempo team, and if the Knicks let Zach Randolph play under coach D'Antoni next season the entire league will see the two makes the Knicks a losing club so why breakup the pair...

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
all i know is that either Curry or Randolph must go before the season starts so we could have a shot at the playoffs if not we'll be in the lottery again next
year :boohoo:

but again our rebuilding process begins with the draft then we take it from there

in my opinion being in the lottery again next yr isnt necessarily a bad thing
give whoever we pick westbrook or alexander most likely a yr to grow and learn get another solid pick next year some people like marbury come off the books.... so we get a little better but arent in the playoffs thats fine as long as the picture gets better down the road
if we get a pg this yr get a young talented big man next yr
if we get alexander this year get a pg next yr
then our young nucleus will be rising

westbrook/alexander
lee
chandler
nate
big man or pg in 2009

that looks pretty good to me plus well actually have some money to play with at this point to get a lineup like that is worth being in hte lottery another year
take portland for example they rebuilt over a few years and now they have alot of promising young talent but it took time and patience
dont rush the rebuilding process or well end up in a hole via trades again

Paul1355

All Star
we either stay at 6 and see what's available or trade the 6 pick for two 1st round picks...if we can't get two 1st round picks then keep that 6th pick, mock drafts arent always right what if we have a Bayless or O.J Mayo left?..hey the bulls got a 1st overall pick (1.7% chance) i'd stay with 6th because i doubt we could get a higher pick being that those teams want and need young stars...stay 6 or trade for two 1st rounders