Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your top 10 picks

Default Your top 10 picks

Rate the top ten players in the draft you would like the Knicks to pick.. But don't be dumb and say Rose, or Joe Crawford.. Be Real.

for me..
    1. O.J. Mayo
    2. Brook Lopez
    3. Kevin Love
    4. Danilo Gallinari
    5. DJ Augistine
    6. Anthony Randolph
    7. Eric Gordon
    8. Jerryd Bayless
    9. Joe Alexander
    10. Russell Westbrook
    -----------------------
    Looks like Lopez has dropped...
    He is now said to go at 9, that would be good if we got him at 6

1. OJ Mayo
    2. DJ Augustine
    3. Russell Westbrook
    4. Brook Lopez
    5. Anthony Randolph
    6. Joe Alexander
    7. Gallinari
    8. Eric Gordon
    9. Kevin Love
    10. I don't even know, but I know Bayless wouldn't fall to us, but if he does, then he'll be either 2nd or maybe 3rd on this list

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

1. OJ Mayo
    2. D.J. Augustin
    3. Joe Alexander
    4. Brook Lopez
    5. Danilo Gallinari
    6. Jared Bayless
    7. Kevin Love
    8. Anthony Randolph
    9. Westbrook
    10. Gordon

1. Mayo
    2. DJ Augusin
    3. Joe Alexander
    4. Westbrook
    5. Kevin Love
    6. Brook Lopez
    7. Jerryd Bayless
    8. Eric Gordon
    9. Anthony Randolph
    10. Danillo Gallinari

Yeah I change my mind I move Augistine up to 3

you don't think Alexander will remind you of just another David Lee with a jump shot?

KnicksonLIN.com

1) OJ Mayo SG/PG
    2) Brook Lopez C/PF
    3) DJ Augustin PG
    4) Russell Westbrook PG/SG
    5) Kevin Love PF/C
    6) Anthony Randolph PF/SF
    7) Jarryd Bayless PG/SG
    8) Roy Hibbert C
    9) Kosta Koufos C
    10) Eric Gordon PG/SG

roy hibbert=eddy curry=deandre jordan

12th man

Originally Posted by JUNIOR MINT
    you don't think Alexander will remind you of just another David Lee with a jump shot?
    Why must you compare a slashing SF with perimeter skills to a banger PF with intangibles? Its probably the dumbest comparison I ever seen.

Their attributes are totally different.

1. O.J Mayo
    2. D.J Augustin
    3. Brook Lopez
    4. Joe Alexander
    5. Jared Bayless
    6. Russell Westbrook
    7.Danillio Gallinari
    8. Eric Gordon
    9. Anthony Randolph
    10. Kousta Koufus

1. O.J. Mayo -- Despite what the media wants to feed us, i don't see him being there, and no team would want what the Knicks have to offer in a trade.
    2. Russell Westbrook --super athletic and best defender in the draft.. will take time to develop but in an up tempo offense could get by till his game becomes polished.
    3. Joe Alexander -- I've liked him since the NCAA Tourney, sadly we may have to much of a glut at SF. But in D'Antoni's offense he could easily play some PF. Marion and Diaw played plenty of the 4 spot.
    4. Anthoney Randolph-- Closest thing to Amare in the draft. Another super athlethe who has plenty of room to improve
    5. Bayless -- Another guy i dont' see being available at six but hes a real nice player
    6. Love -- Just a fundamentally sound player, and who on the Knicks has that. He can rebound, defend semi well, pass the ball, decent low post moves, and a great pick n roll player.
    7. Gallinari -- Don't really know anything about him but the Knicks are due to struck gold with a euro player. Seems like every other team has some good euro player and we've never had one.
    8. Augustine -- Not saying he's not a talented player, but i'm just not sold on this guy. I has nowhere near the upside of a Bayless or Westbrook. He's overall solid and if we were picking 10-15 it'd be a nice pick but at 6 i'm not sure.
    9. Gordon -- Good Shooter but is he just a slightly better version of Ben Gordon?
    10. Lopez -- I don't want this guy at all. Much rather have Love if or Randolph if we went big. The guy seems like a big stiff to me, somebody who will hang around 12 years in the league just because he's a 7 footer.

12th man

Upside means nothing. Augustin is a legit 20 PPG scorer and one of the best passing pure PG's in the nation. His defense is solid and he's only a sophmore (1 year difference from a freshman). If he was a freshman people would be dick riding him to the max claiming he has unlimited upside.

Athelicism in the NBA is so overrated these days. In the NBA, you could be great just off of agility. Look at Eddy Curry, he's not even strong nor fast, but his agile moves gets his defenders off balance and allows Curry to do his gay ass lap up for the point. Guys like Augustin and Lopez possess these skills, but not as gay. They may not be able to do radical dunks, but they're able to beat their man and get the ball in the basket or just create an offensive opportunity for their by creating space. Thats all that matters really. Who would you rather have, Steve Nash or Keyon Dooling? These combine results have really got to people heads and they're misjudging these prospects.

Do your research son, LMAO...Anthony Randolph is nothing like Amare Stoudimire.

Amare was compared to Ben Wallace coming into his draft, Randolph is being compared to Teyshaun Prince.

Do my research? You want me to copy and paste other peoples words and carry them off as my own.

Westbrook is by far the best perimeter defender in the draft. Its not even close. He can come into the league next year and guard the opposing teams best offensive perimeter player (which doesn't say much since the Knicks have no perimeter defenders). You say Augustine is a decent defender... Didn't Derrick Rose light him up on both sides of the court during the regional finals?

Augustine was 4-18 from the floor for 16 points and 3 assists. You have to learn to read instead of getting all emotional. I never once said Augustine wasn't a good player, all i said was if you gave me the option of Westbrook or Augustine i'd take Westbrook without a second thought. If we traded down to around the 10th pick and Westbrook was off the board i wouldn't have a problem with taking.

Everybody consistantly preaches the importance of defense. And now we have a chance to take a big time perimeter defender and people are balking at the notion and want the more polished offensive guy. Just look at what Rondo brought to the Celtics. Rondo has absolutely no offense and he changed many games by keeping opposing guards out of the paint.
    Last edited by GetRealistic; Jun 19, 2008 at 11:10.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

mine are:

1. O.J Mayo
    2. Russell Westbrook
    3. D.J Augustine
    4. Jayred Bayless
    5. Gallinari
    6. Anthony Randolph
    7. Kevin Love
    8. Joe Alexander
    9. Brook Lopez
    10. Gordon

12th man

Where do you see copy and pasting? I quote other articles, and when I need to reflect my thoughts I do.

Westbrook isn't better than Chalmers on defense. Westbrook isn't even a better prospect than Chalmers. Chalmers will be a better NBA PG and is one of the most underrated players in this draft.

Derrick Rose is the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, thats a terrible example. Augustin isn't a bad defender and is very good at fighting pick and rolls. He does everything else great.

Westbrook is by far the best perimeter defender in the draft. Its not even close. He can come into the league next year and guard the opposing teams best offensive perimeter player (which doesn't say much since the Knicks have no perimeter defenders). You say Augustine is a decent defender... Didn't Derrick Rose light him up on both sides of the court during the regional finals?

You don't draft role players at 6. Augustin can lead a offense and put up big numbers in the NBA, where Westbrook struggles in the half court, with a very weak mid range game and limited 3pt range. He isn't a THREAT at all because he cannot create his own shot and is an average ball handler. He has alot of inexperience at the PG position and these are facts you can't deny. Westbrook is the last guard I would pick in the 1st round.

Rose
    Mayo
    Augustin
    Bayless
    Gordon
    Rush
    Chalmers
    Lee

will be better NBA PG's.

Shut the **** up about defense, you draft the best AVAILABLE player, no matter what. Minnesota made that mistake with letting Roy go, as well did Atlanta letting Chris Paul go.

Rondo brought nothing to the Celtics, playing with 3 hall of famers you don't have to bring a lot. His 10/6 numbers aren't nothing to talk about. Great athlete, solid defender, that is all.

WTF...you want a Rondo type PG on the Knicks? You're acting like Knicks have the pieces to cover up Rondo's weaknesses. Rondo was a terrible PG last season because he was on a bad team and his weaknesses were exposed. Rondo this year can wait 10 minutes uncontested in his jumper.

You're bugging once again and asking for another text blitz that will outshine your waterdowned offense.