Your top 10 picks

jpz17

Starter
Rate the top ten players in the draft you would like the Knicks to pick.. But don't be dumb and say Rose, or Joe Crawford.. Be Real.

for me..
1. O.J. Mayo
2. Brook Lopez
3. Kevin Love
4. Danilo Gallinari
5. DJ Augistine
6. Anthony Randolph
7. Eric Gordon
8. Jerryd Bayless
9. Joe Alexander
10. Russell Westbrook
-----------------------
Looks like Lopez has dropped...
He is now said to go at 9, that would be good if we got him at 6

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
1. OJ Mayo
2. DJ Augustine
3. Russell Westbrook
4. Brook Lopez
5. Anthony Randolph
6. Joe Alexander
7. Gallinari
8. Eric Gordon
9. Kevin Love
10. I don't even know, but I know Bayless wouldn't fall to us, but if he does, then he'll be either 2nd or maybe 3rd on this list

metrocard

Legend
1. OJ Mayo
2. D.J. Augustin
3. Joe Alexander
4. Brook Lopez
5. Danilo Gallinari
6. Jared Bayless
7. Kevin Love
8. Anthony Randolph
9. Westbrook
10. Gordon

1. Mayo
2. DJ Augusin
3. Joe Alexander
4. Westbrook
5. Kevin Love
6. Brook Lopez
7. Jerryd Bayless
8. Eric Gordon
9. Anthony Randolph
10. Danillo Gallinari

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
1) OJ Mayo SG/PG
2) Brook Lopez C/PF
3) DJ Augustin PG
4) Russell Westbrook PG/SG
5) Kevin Love PF/C
6) Anthony Randolph PF/SF
7) Jarryd Bayless PG/SG
8) Roy Hibbert C
9) Kosta Koufos C
10) Eric Gordon PG/SG

metrocard

Legend
you don't think Alexander will remind you of just another David Lee with a jump shot?

Why must you compare a slashing SF with perimeter skills to a banger PF with intangibles? Its probably the dumbest comparison I ever seen.

Their attributes are totally different.

1. O.J Mayo
2. D.J Augustin
3. Brook Lopez
4. Joe Alexander
5. Jared Bayless
6. Russell Westbrook
7.Danillio Gallinari
8. Eric Gordon
9. Anthony Randolph
10. Kousta Koufus

GetRealistic

Starter
1. O.J. Mayo -- Despite what the media wants to feed us, i don't see him being there, and no team would want what the Knicks have to offer in a trade.
2. Russell Westbrook --super athletic and best defender in the draft.. will take time to develop but in an up tempo offense could get by till his game becomes polished.
3. Joe Alexander -- I've liked him since the NCAA Tourney, sadly we may have to much of a glut at SF. But in D'Antoni's offense he could easily play some PF. Marion and Diaw played plenty of the 4 spot.
4. Anthoney Randolph-- Closest thing to Amare in the draft. Another super athlethe who has plenty of room to improve
5. Bayless -- Another guy i dont' see being available at six but hes a real nice player
6. Love -- Just a fundamentally sound player, and who on the Knicks has that. He can rebound, defend semi well, pass the ball, decent low post moves, and a great pick n roll player.
7. Gallinari -- Don't really know anything about him but the Knicks are due to struck gold with a euro player. Seems like every other team has some good euro player and we've never had one.
8. Augustine -- Not saying he's not a talented player, but i'm just not sold on this guy. I has nowhere near the upside of a Bayless or Westbrook. He's overall solid and if we were picking 10-15 it'd be a nice pick but at 6 i'm not sure.
9. Gordon -- Good Shooter but is he just a slightly better version of Ben Gordon?
10. Lopez -- I don't want this guy at all. Much rather have Love if or Randolph if we went big. The guy seems like a big stiff to me, somebody who will hang around 12 years in the league just because he's a 7 footer.

metrocard

Legend
Upside means nothing. Augustin is a legit 20 PPG scorer and one of the best passing pure PG's in the nation. His defense is solid and he's only a sophmore (1 year difference from a freshman). If he was a freshman people would be dick riding him to the max claiming he has unlimited upside.

Athelicism in the NBA is so overrated these days. In the NBA, you could be great just off of agility. Look at Eddy Curry, he's not even strong nor fast, but his agile moves gets his defenders off balance and allows Curry to do his gay ass lap up for the point. Guys like Augustin and Lopez possess these skills, but not as gay. They may not be able to do radical dunks, but they're able to beat their man and get the ball in the basket or just create an offensive opportunity for their by creating space. Thats all that matters really. Who would you rather have, Steve Nash or Keyon Dooling? These combine results have really got to people heads and they're misjudging these prospects.

Do your research son, LMAO...Anthony Randolph is nothing like Amare Stoudimire.

Amare was compared to Ben Wallace coming into his draft, Randolph is being compared to Teyshaun Prince.

GetRealistic

Starter
Do my research? You want me to copy and paste other peoples words and carry them off as my own.

Westbrook is by far the best perimeter defender in the draft. Its not even close. He can come into the league next year and guard the opposing teams best offensive perimeter player (which doesn't say much since the Knicks have no perimeter defenders). You say Augustine is a decent defender... Didn't Derrick Rose light him up on both sides of the court during the regional finals?

Augustine was 4-18 from the floor for 16 points and 3 assists. You have to learn to read instead of getting all emotional. I never once said Augustine wasn't a good player, all i said was if you gave me the option of Westbrook or Augustine i'd take Westbrook without a second thought. If we traded down to around the 10th pick and Westbrook was off the board i wouldn't have a problem with taking.

Everybody consistantly preaches the importance of defense. And now we have a chance to take a big time perimeter defender and people are balking at the notion and want the more polished offensive guy. Just look at what Rondo brought to the Celtics. Rondo has absolutely no offense and he changed many games by keeping opposing guards out of the paint.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
mine are:

1. O.J Mayo
2. Russell Westbrook
3. D.J Augustine
4. Jayred Bayless
5. Gallinari
6. Anthony Randolph
7. Kevin Love
8. Joe Alexander
9. Brook Lopez
10. Gordon

metrocard

Legend
Where do you see copy and pasting? I quote other articles, and when I need to reflect my thoughts I do.

Westbrook isn't better than Chalmers on defense. Westbrook isn't even a better prospect than Chalmers. Chalmers will be a better NBA PG and is one of the most underrated players in this draft.

Derrick Rose is the number 1 pick in the NBA draft, thats a terrible example. Augustin isn't a bad defender and is very good at fighting pick and rolls. He does everything else great.

Westbrook is by far the best perimeter defender in the draft. Its not even close. He can come into the league next year and guard the opposing teams best offensive perimeter player (which doesn't say much since the Knicks have no perimeter defenders). You say Augustine is a decent defender... Didn't Derrick Rose light him up on both sides of the court during the regional finals?

You don't draft role players at 6. Augustin can lead a offense and put up big numbers in the NBA, where Westbrook struggles in the half court, with a very weak mid range game and limited 3pt range. He isn't a THREAT at all because he cannot create his own shot and is an average ball handler. He has alot of inexperience at the PG position and these are facts you can't deny. Westbrook is the last guard I would pick in the 1st round.

Rose
Mayo
Augustin
Bayless
Gordon
Rush
Chalmers
Lee

will be better NBA PG's.

Shut the fuck up about defense, you draft the best AVAILABLE player, no matter what. Minnesota made that mistake with letting Roy go, as well did Atlanta letting Chris Paul go.

Rondo brought nothing to the Celtics, playing with 3 hall of famers you don't have to bring a lot. His 10/6 numbers aren't nothing to talk about. Great athlete, solid defender, that is all.

WTF...you want a Rondo type PG on the Knicks? You're acting like Knicks have the pieces to cover up Rondo's weaknesses. Rondo was a terrible PG last season because he was on a bad team and his weaknesses were exposed. Rondo this year can wait 10 minutes uncontested in his jumper.

You're bugging once again and asking for another text blitz that will outshine your waterdowned offense.

GetRealistic

Starter
Do i want a Rajon Rondo type player on the Knicks? Absolutely i do. What type of question is that. Do i want a top 5 perimeter defender who is still young and has the ability to get better. Rondo can penetrate and lock down the man he's guarding. A jumpshot can be taught over time. Look at Tony Parker he was a medicore jump shooter at best and now he is a deadly mid range shooter. You guys are blinded because Rondo plays on the Celtics. The point is the Knicks aren't going to be a factor next year no matter who they draft. The idea is to finally start to build a team. And you build a team with young talented players.

You act as if i claim Westbrook is the savior. I obviously would rather have Rose, Beasley, Mayo, and possibly even Alexander (i'd majorly be on the bandwagon if we didn't already have a glut of small forwards). But the fact of the matter is at pick six if things pan out that Mayo is gone i'd rather take a chance on Russell Westbrook then Augustine. I'll even admit that Augustine would make more of an immediate impact his rookie season because he is more polished. But the Knicks aren't close to being a playoff team so do we really need our rookie to make an immediate impact? And now your just becoming bitter old Metro saying you'd rather draft Lee, Chalmers, Rush, and Gordon over Westbrook. Pretty sure Westbrook scored higher then all of those in your personal top ten.

And come on now. Every single person on this site has preached how we need to be a better defensive team over the last two seasons, and now you say defense isn't important and you pick the best player. Defense wins people.

I'll give you some quotes about Westbrook since you seem to respond to that.

Defensively, Westbrook is nothing short of outstanding, as evidenced by the phenomenal work he did locking down the three top scoring guards in the Pac-10 this season, O.J. Mayo, Jerryd Bayless, and James Harden. He is long, strong and very fundamentally sound, getting into a terrific defensive stance on every possession, moving his feet incredibly well, and being absolutely tenacious getting after his matchup. His wingspan, combined with his huge hands and outstanding anticipation skills make him a terror in the passing lanes, and this is a big factor why he spends so much time in transition offensively.

There might not be a more improved player in the country over the last year or two than UCLA sophomore guard Russell Westbrook. Considered a mid-major recruit leading into his senior year of high school, drawing scholarship offers from schools such as San Diego, Wyoming, Creighton and Kent State, Westbrook benefited from a late growth spurt that saw him shoot up from just 5-10 to 6-3 late in his prep career, and is now a key cog on a Final Four contending team and one of the hottest draft prospects in the country as of late. Obviously a late bloomer, Westbrook remains a raw prospect as far as his skill-level is concerned, but has just about as much upside to continue to improve as any guard in the NCAA not named Derrick Rose.

His play on the defensive end of the floor is simply suffocating. Westbrook can shadow just about any wing 6-7 or under and should be a top-three perimeter defender in the entire NBA almost immediately. He is superbly quick with his lateral movement and is intimidating in the air on-ball and off-ball as a shotblocker. His extremely fast hands will create many deflections and takeaways while turning routine passes and shot attempts into ones of high degrees of difficulty.

To sum it up. I'd have no real problems with picking Augustine but in my opinion Westbrook is the better option.

umynot

Benchwarmer
1= Mayo - Will be best of all players drafted hands down!!

2= Alexander - Gallinari was my second choice but everything I see or read on Joe Alexander makes me think he might be best fit with D'Atoni system!
By far best athlete in draft! Dunks like a white Vince!! Every GM and scout says he is by far the hardest worker too. 6'8 sf who can run , dunk, slash with either hand, dribble with either hand, D's up 1.6 blocks in Big East and has a high basketball IQ! All while only playing 4 years of organized ball! Too much potential to pass on @ 6!

3= Gallinari- Too much potential ! Has proved all he needs to as far as a pro in Europe against grown men! I see Dirk with mad handle!!!

4= Westbrook - Has had great work outs! Good solid player!

from here down we must trade pick down if we dont take any of above!

5= Randolph- Bosh like maybe?

6= Augustine - Could be great PG but his height scares me! We can sigh TJ ford if this is the kind of guard we want!

7= Eric Gordon- Again we can trade for Ben Gordon which I see happening by the way!

8= Alexis Abjica ( hope I spelled right)- 7'1 out of sneakers! 7'7 wingspan mad hops! Has handed every big in draft workouts! Sick dunk on Brook I cant get off the ground Lopez!

9 = Kevin Love- Mchale seems to love him and I respect his eye for talent!

10= definately cant see anyone else if we stick at 6!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we have to walk away from the draft with at least one of these three players

MAYO-----obviously
Westbrook----best upside
D.J Augustin---pure point guard with a game like Nash's

anyone else won't help us nearly as much as these players will .....Mayo and Augustin will help us now and in the future and Westbrook will show up big on the scene in yr 2 and he'll be a monster in the future

metrocard

Legend
Rondo isn't that good, and will have an average career. He's the worst shooting PG in the NBA. Parker always had a mid range game coming from Europe, he never was a 3pt shooter. Rondo has a terrible jumpshot period, from the FT line, from the mid range area and especiallythe 3pt area.

You build a team with young talented players? Thats bullshit. Look at Chicago. They've been doing this young shit for almost a decade and it hasn't work. You need the RIGHT mix of veterans and young talent that compliment each other. What Isiah did the last 4 years is get players with similar styles. Similar playing styles = a lot of clashing on the court, not much chemistry.

Westbrook isn't that good, he's an amazing defender, and athlete; but he isn't the PG I want for my future. The new era of PG's are emerging and Rose and Augustin will be the top 2 PG's from this draft to join that era of Paul and Williams.
Augustin is better now, will be better as a rookie, and will have the better career because his attributes outweighs Westbrook.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Realistically, the Knicks have a shot @

Lopez, I can see some teams passing on him.
Bayless if someone picks Love in the top 5.
Augustine ( obvious)
Love
Alexander (trading down)
Westbrook
Randolph (trading down)