More Corruption within the Knicks Organization

Who's your favorite new edition to the Knicks' staff?

• Donnie Walsh

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Phil Webber

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike D'Antoni

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Dan D'Antoni

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • I hate 'em all

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
According to NBA.com, the Knicks have selected their assistant coaches. Guess what? One of the coaches happens to be Mike D'Antoni's brother. I wonder how that happens? Mark Jackson and Patrick Ewing are interested in coaching positions, and D'Antoni's brother gets the job, instead.

Here's the entire coaching staff for the Knicks:
dantoni.jpg

Head Coach: Mike D'Antoni

dantoni_65.jpg

Assistant Coach: Dan D'Antoni

weber_bench_220.jpg

Assistant Coach: Phil Webber

herb091207.jpg

Assistant Coach: Herb Williams

The President of Basketball Operations:
walsh_chat_041101.jpg

Donnie Walsh

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Its still possible that Patrick could join, its not too late
Untrue, the only way Patrick Ewing could get hired is if one of the assistant coaches leaves. Do you actually think that's going to happen? If you do, you might as well play the lottery. You have the same shot of winning 10 million dollars as Patrick Ewing does of being an assistant coach. You get up to 3 assistant coaches to put on your staff. The Knicks already filled all 3 spots.

TunerAddict

Starter
Nothing wrong with bringing his bro along. Its normal policy to bring your former asst. coaches with you. Larry Brown did it when he came here. Is that corruption? No.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Nothing wrong with bringing his bro along. Its normal policy to bring your former asst. coaches with you. Larry Brown did it when he came here. Is that corruption? No.

Yeah, I don't see what the problem is...These are the guys D'antoni has had success with, and Herb is familiar with the current roster.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
You don't know what you're talking about. Go to nba.com, and look at the article about the Knicks. If you read the article carefully, the Knicks aren't planning on adding any more assistant coaches. Also, most teams don't have 5 assistant coaches. Having 5 assistant coaches damages your salary cap. The Cavs are an exception. Most teams have 1-3 assistant coaches, and that's a fact. You must have them confused with trainers. Some Assistant coaches are named assistant coaches, but they're used as head trainers.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Dan D'Antoni is Mike D'Antoni's brother. If you don't think that's corruption, then vote for John McCain. lol

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
yeah but you said they can't hire anymore, and thats not true they can hire as many as they want
The Knicks are about 40 million dollars over the salary cap. Explain to me how the Knicks can hire 5 assistant coaches, when they're 40 million dollars above the salary cap?

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
Im a very big supporter of Dantoni and Walsh but I dont understand wht Patrick Ewing is getting paid by other organazations.Never mind the fact that he has been doing his job with the centers he has worked with he is the greatest Knick player in history I was not around in the seventies so he is the greatest Knick in my history this is a joke that he has to work elsewhere Ewing helped make the garden what it is he was the reason the Knicks got back on the map and this is how management pays him back and not only that we have to high priced centers who dont know how to work that maybe he could teach how to play this game the right way,As far as Jackson I wanted him tobe a part of the team but I think after him not getting the Head coaching job there might be some hard feelings so I understand.But there is one guy out there that nobody mentions that is one of the most knowledgable people I have heard and thats Greg Anthony thats somebody I think this team should be looking at for an asst. or even as a GM.But as far as Patrick give this man the RESPECT he deserves.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What the hell does the salary cap have to do with assistant coaches?
I don't know. I guess the Knicks can give their assistant coaches each a 50 million dollar contract. I hope it happens, too.

*Shock post* lol

Seriously, though. The coaching staff affects your salary cap. It gets added on to your cap. So if the Knicks were stupid and gave each of the assistant coaches a 50 million dollar contract, then the Knicks would be affected.

Last edited:

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
I'd have to agree with the other posters. If I recall correctly the original plan a couple of weeks ago was really for D'Antoni to bring in his original staff from Phoenix. It's actually a pretty common move for newly hired coaches with recent stints, and I don't see anything wrong with it. And yup Larry Brown did it as well during his lone season with us. Dan, Mike's brother, and Phil Weber both spent the last 3-4 seasons under Mike D'Antoni. At least they as a group had a thing going. Jackson as assistant coach is very unlikely considering he was originally a serious candidate for the head coaching job. Can't imagine him being interested or being offered an assistant coaching job with the Knicks all of a sudden. But I do wish Patrick Ewing should have been at least considered to join D'Antoni's staff as an assistant.

TunerAddict

Starter
Dan D'Antoni is Mike D'Antoni's brother. If you don't think that's corruption, then vote for John McCain. lol

Wow, you aren't listening. Coaches bring their asst. coaches with them most of the time. Dan was his asst. at PHX. Guess what? He brought him along. Its standard practice. Not corruption.

Larry Brown brought his coaches with him from Det. Now hes getting some of the in Charlotte. Coaches stick with their assts. Doesn't matter if they are related.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Wow, you aren't listening. Coaches bring their asst. coaches with them most of the time. Dan was his asst. at PHX. Guess what? He brought him along. Its standard practice. Not corruption.

Larry Brown brought his coaches with him from Det. Now hes getting some of the in Charlotte. Coaches stick with their assts. Doesn't matter if they are related.
I guess you do have a point. I still don't trust D'Antoni and Walsh, though. The Knicks have played sub .500 basketball for a long time, and I don't trust them to turn things around. They're going to have to prove themselves first. At least prove themselves to me.