Donnie Walsh draft record

Kiyaman

Legend
If you dont know here it is. Walsh may hang within a bigger circle of excutives than Isiah Thomas but his B-Ball thinking on Winning is the same as Isiah Thomas.

If you want to be over critical about draft records, take a look at our current President Donnie Walsh's picks as a Pacer. I'm only going to list the 1st rounders:

1987 Reggie Miller
1988 Rik Smits
1989 George McCloud
1990 None
1991 Dale Davis
1992 Malik Sealy
1993 Scott Haskin
1994 Eric Piakowski
1995 Travis Best
1996 Erick Dampier
1997 Austin Croshere
1998 Al Harrington
1999 Vonteego Cummings
2000 Prinoz Brezec
2001 None
2002 Fred Jones
2003 None
2004 David Harrison
2005 Danny Granger

Looking at the above picks of Donnie Walsh need to be on every Knick-Fan mind, because Walsh has been clueless about draft picks. Pacers were a consistent losing team untill Larry Brown and Mark Jackson put them on the map with Reggie Millers peremeter shooting. When coach Larry Bird replaced Larry Brown and added SG-Byron Scott as Reggie Miller backup with Crochere doing his thang at PF/SF the Pacers had a winning defensive coaching system that did great in the Post seasons games.
Donnie Walsh gets no credit here.

Assistant coach Mike D'Antoni whom got his job because of Marbury & Penny lockerroom chaos that got the Head-Coach Fired in Nov. 2003.
Head coach D'Antoni never paid much attention to college basketball to help out in selecting a decent pick out of the draft for Phoenix.
So Phoenix has sold all their draft picks under coach D'Antoni. Recall Phoenix had a very poor season in 2003-4 and they had the Knicks poor season draft pick too from the Marbury trade (2 first round picks). Yet the Chicago Bulls pulled three Winning players out of that draft in Ben Gordon, Deng, and Nocioni whom all would've fit in perfect in MVP "Nash" uptempo system.
Mike D'Antoni gets no credit here.

So on Thursday Draft Night, we will witness the Trio of Walsh, D'Antoni, and Isiah Thomas decision making on this Knick club.
However, dont worry this draft is about the 2010 plan......

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I wish the Knicks picked Danny Granger, in 2005, instead of Channing Frye. Danny Granger was picked at #17; Channing Frye was picked at #8.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think what is even more important kiyaman is not what Donnie drafted but that he didn't have a lottery pick for 22 years - an excellent indicator of the consistency that he maintained as the Pacers GM in producing a great product that didn't have to dig into the draft every year to pull out a diamond.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
If you dont know here it is. Walsh may hang within a bigger circle of excutives than Isiah Thomas but his B-Ball thinking on Winning is the same as Isiah Thomas.

If you want to be over critical about draft records, take a look at our current President Donnie Walsh's picks as a Pacer. I'm only going to list the 1st rounders:

1987 Reggie Miller
1988 Rik Smits
1989 George McCloud
1990 None
1991 Dale Davis
1992 Malik Sealy
1993 Scott Haskin
1994 Eric Piakowski
1995 Travis Best
1996 Erick Dampier
1997 Austin Croshere
1998 Al Harrington
1999 Vonteego Cummings
2000 Prinoz Brezec
2001 None
2002 Fred Jones
2003 None
2004 David Harrison
2005 Danny Granger

Looking at the above picks of Donnie Walsh need to be on every Knick-Fan mind, because Walsh has been clueless about draft picks. Pacers were a consistent losing team untill Larry Brown and Mark Jackson put them on the map with Reggie Millers peremeter shooting. When coach Larry Bird replaced Larry Brown and added SG-Byron Scott as Reggie Miller backup with Crochere doing his thang at PF/SF the Pacers had a winning defensive coaching system that did great in the Post seasons games.
Donnie Walsh gets no credit here.

Assistant coach Mike D'Antoni whom got his job because of Marbury & Penny lockerroom chaos that got the Head-Coach Fired in Nov. 2003.
Head coach D'Antoni never paid much attention to college basketball to help out in selecting a decent pick out of the draft for Phoenix.
So Phoenix has sold all their draft picks under coach D'Antoni. Recall Phoenix had a very poor season in 2003-4 and they had the Knicks poor season draft pick too from the Marbury trade (2 first round picks). Yet the Chicago Bulls pulled three Winning players out of that draft in Ben Gordon, Deng, and Nocioni whom all would've fit in perfect in MVP "Nash" uptempo system.
Mike D'Antoni gets no credit here.

So on Thursday Draft Night, we will witness the Trio of Walsh, D'Antoni, and Isiah Thomas decision making on this Knick club.
However, dont worry this draft is about the 2010 plan......
There is no point going back and forth with you over this you make no sense and you constantly contridict yourself.You have yet to give me one example of how the Knicks could have done better.You give Walsh no credit for his drafts but there is a sure hall of famer and solid players across the board,Then you talk about the players brought in that made them better who brought in those players Walsh but you give him no credit you make no sense.Then you say Larry Brown made them good wasnt he hired by Walsh.Let me ask you are you really a Knick fan because all you do is look to kill two guys that have yet to make a mistake and talk good about Isiahs drafting.Im done with this debate I will talk to you in two years and if they are not in a much better position then I will give you props for your hinsight but until then this is pointless.We now have to proven winners in control rather than have one consitent loser running things I am definatley much happier about our future than I was.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I wish the Knicks picked Danny Granger, in 2005, instead of Channing Frye. Danny Granger was picked at #17; Channing Frye was picked at #8.

I was hopin isiah would draft bynum, granger, or gerald green. Bynum would be my first pick now but granger would be nice. Gerald green lost :lol:

Kiyaman

Legend
There is no point going back and forth with you over this you make no sense and you constantly contridict yourself.You have yet to give me one example of how the Knicks could have done better.You give Walsh no credit for his drafts but there is a sure hall of famer and solid players across the board,Then you talk about the players brought in that made them better who brought in those players Walsh but you give him no credit you make no sense.Then you say Larry Brown made them good wasnt he hired by Walsh.Let me ask you are you really a Knick fan because all you do is look to kill two guys that have yet to make a mistake and talk good about Isiahs drafting.Im done with this debate I will talk to you in two years and if they are not in a much better position then I will give you props for your hinsight but until then this is pointless.We now have to proven winners in control rather than have one consitent loser running things I am definatley much happier about our future than I was.

I put the list up so members in this Forum has an idea of Donnie Walsh draft record for Thursday night (later for my opinion).
Some members did not like what I wrote about Donnie Walsh (but thats me, I was never crazy about his hiring and that 2010 plan. I just wanted Isiah Fired.), this post is for those members who do not remember all of Walsh draft picks for the Pacers.

Here's a cookie,

"Walsh success with the Pacers have been from his trades, and hiring of coaches.
Plus you have to add his pick in HOF Reggie Miller, who stuck with Walsh his entire playing career."
Is this what some people wanted to read?

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
I put the list up so members in this Forum has an idea of Donnie Walsh draft record for Thursday night (later for my opinion).
Some members did not like what I wrote about Donnie Walsh (but thats me, I was never crazy about his hiring and that 2010 plan. I just wanted Isiah Fired.), this post is for those members who do not remember all of Walsh draft picks for the Pacers.

Here's a cookie,

"Walsh success with the Pacers have been from his trades, and hiring of coaches.
Plus you have to add his pick in HOF Reggie Miller, who stuck with Walsh his entire playing career."
Is this what some people wanted to read?
I just want to know what you think the Knicks should have done.Do you really think its easy to win night after night in the west because thats all Dantoni has done.The pacers are a small market team with no exposure and Walsh has found a way to keep them competitive year after year.His drafts are solid his trades are solid what has the man done wrong.You kill them both and your statements about them have no merrit.This forum is for peoples opinions so I dont care what I read I agree with most and I disagree with some.But your opinions on these two without anything better to back it up with are laughable.Thanks for the Cookie.

Kiyaman

Legend
I just want to know what you think the Knicks should have done.Do you really think its easy to win night after night in the west because thats all Dantoni has done.The pacers are a small market team with no exposure and Walsh has found a way to keep them competitive year after year.His drafts are solid his trades are solid what has the man done wrong.You kill them both and your statements about them have no merrit.This forum is for peoples opinions so I dont care what I read I agree with most and I disagree with some.But your opinions on these two without anything better to back it up with are laughable.Thanks for the Cookie.

Once upon a time the Eastern Conference Teams dominated the Western Conference teams by a huge margin. Simular to how the West dominate over the East today. However, I never remember a East team winning 46 or 47 games in a season and not making the playoffs like KG Wolves and GS.

You have to excuse me for not having much confidence in Walsh, its just that the Indiana Pacers were never a strong threat over the Knicks during the Ewing era, other than the two seasons of Starks head budding Reggie Miller, and Reggie Miller 12 points in the last minute of a game.
The 8th seeded Knicks in 1999 Postseason without Ewing went through the Pacers in 6 games.

You have to excuse me again for my confidence in coach D'Antoni, he inhereted 4 Western Conference Star players (Nash, Johnson, Marion, and Amare) who concentration was on being better than the style of the Championship Spurs whom eliminated Dallas & Suns in the postseason games.
These 4 players had one thing in common their NBA career was only in the Western Conference so they monopolized their experience in dominating the West Coast.
I give Head Coach D'Antoni and his coaching staff their PROPS for keeping everything on the same-page between players & coaches.
But the Leadership and confidence of Players "Nash, Joe Johnson, and Marion", have to be given their "BIG-PROPA'S" for starting the Suns off on their winning path.