Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ESPN has us passing on Bayless and taking Gallinari

Default ESPN has us passing on Bayless and taking Gallinari

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

I still feel that Eric Gordon is the best pick, but they have Memphis taking him. This is the most interesting draft I have every witnessed, you have a player like Mayo who can go anywhere between 2 and 6. The kid from West VA went from mid first round to mid lottery, Bayless was projected as the third best just two months ago and can now fall to 7.

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Interesting thread

Even stronger are rumors that the Grizzlies are talking to a number of teams, including the Knicks, Blazers and Suns, about deals that would send the No. 5 pick to whomever is willing to take Brian Cardinal's awful contract (2 years, $13 million left). The latest buzz has the Knicks talking to Memphis about a deal that would send David Lee and the expiring contract of Malik Rose to Memphis for No. 5 and Cardinal.

Crazy rumor...we'll have the 5th and 6th? Damn...

WTF @ Chalmers at 12

Lopez @ 10?

I'm not really that high on Gallinari, I don't know how his attributes will translate to the NBA.

Guys like Bayless and Gordon are guys I want to stay away from, if we can't get Mayo, I'll draft it safe and get skilled sophmores like Augustin and Lopez.

i dont like that pick
    out of all of 4 of the guys that ford mentioned the knicks being interested in id rather take westbrook bayless or alexander before we take gallinari
    i think gallinari will be too soft in the nba

CAN WE PLEASE QUIT POSTING "IF" DRAFT PICK THREADS? ESPN DROPS A NEW MOCK DRAFT EVERY 2 DAYS.....THESE IF THREADS ARE THE SAME AS LAST YEAR, N THE YEAR BEFORE....LETS JUST WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY INSTEAD OF GETTING WORKED UP OVER SOME SPORTS ANALYST'S PREDICTIONS......WE ALL KNOW AT 6 WE WILL GET 1 OF A POSSIBLE 6 PLAYERS.....EVERY1 WONT LIKE THE DRAFT PICK, AND EVEN THEN, WE WONT BE ABLE TO SEE THE ROOKIES IN ACTION UNTIL OCTOBER....can thursday please come now????

I'm not holding my breath on the Memphis trade actually happening. But the potential of adding a Joe Alexander and one the guards sounds nice to me.

We have enough softies on this team already. We dont need to add any euro trash. Im sure this guy can score but can he defend? Lets not take a risk. We need someone who we know will be a key part of this franchise. Maciej lampe was suppose to be a lottery pick. We got him late in the 1st round i think. Wheres that piece of euro trash now? The next dirk? **** outta here. I dont think mayo will be available but i like the idea of taking augustin, westbrook, and lopez would be my 3rd option. If we cant get mayo i think we should try to get another pick around 15 and draft brandon rush to replace crawford.

Superstar

Default Speculation

As Toons noted, this is all speculation, but as Metro noted, it is interesting. Thursday night should be a lot of fun.

Much of the speculation appears to flow from Miami's apparent reservations about Beasley and its apparent interest in Mayo. if Miami really wants Mayo, it will likely have to deal with Minnesota or with whomever Minnesota might deal. Although it needs a big man, I see Minnesota taking Mayo and then perhaps shopping him to Miami. A lot of things will start falling into place at or after the third pick, i.e., after the Mayo pick.

If the Knicks were to get the 5th and 6th picks even with the loss of Lee, I am all for it. Cardinal's contract is for $6.3M in 2008 and $6.75M in 2009. It will not affect the 2010 cap. He can be bought out. The Knicks could have choices among Westbrook, Bayless, Alexander, Gallinari and Augustin. Not bad!

Would love to get another pick! Even for Lee even though I much rather keep Lee and trade someone else! But 2 top 6 picks in this draft would be a blessing!

We can draft a combo of talent that would help our future! Want Mayo bad and can see him slipping! Hopefully! But if not Bayless is also a very talented PG with lots of speed! Kinda of reminds me of Rose even if Rose had a much better season! If we do get the 5th and 6th pick and Draft Bayless 5th I believe you cant go wrong with Gallinari or Alexander at 6!

Alexander is more raw as far as skill but damn he is so ****ing athletic! Gallinari for me would be a starter this year! He played Europes top League which is no joke and he dominated! He can score from anywhere! He is also very far from soft! Everyone who thinks that has not watched him play! Oh by the way he is only 19!!

Any combo of Mayo or Bayless and Gallinari or Alexander would be so great for us as a team!! Maybe all the miracles can happen and we rid ourselves of Curry or Randolph for even more picks in this draft!!

12th man

Memphis wants an expiring contract and sees potential for Lee as their future PF

Memphis
    Conley/Lowry
    Miller/Crittenton
    Gay/Warrick
    Lee/Rose
    Milicic/Brown

This works out for Memphis alright, Lee is really underrated and didn't get any touches under Isiah. Lee shoots 60% has a jumpshot, and is crafty in the post. He's a great passer, elite rebounder, and a great athlete. He has defensive limitations, which is where Darko would compliment. I could see Lee average 15 and 10 easily for Memphis.

What Memphis needs is Conley and Gay to reach that superstar level they're projected to reach, thats the only way they'll be contenders. It may take a could of years of developing and making the bench deeper, but this a good start and it gives them cap space for an all star signing.

As a Knick fan, I'm all over this deal.

I love Lee, but the 5th pick is worth alot. Cardinal expires 2010, so it doesn't goes by Walsh's plan of getting under the cap.

I'm hoping Mayo falls at 5, and we'll choose Augustin or trade with New Jersey for their 10 and 21 for the 5...I don't know, a lot of scenarios can be played. Knicks need a big man, a guy like Mayo(Bayless, Gordon, Westbrook aren't on Mayo's level) and a pure PG. My optimistic is view is we get all these guys, Augustin @ 10, a big man like Alexis Ajinca @ 21, and Mayo falling to the Knicks

But only one can dream, especially a deprived Knick fan like myself

Its also just a Chad Ford rumor, so not a whole lot behind it.

But if comes through...check this out

Marbury/Augustin/Robinson
    Mayo/Crawford/Richardson
    Chandler/Balkman
    Randolph/Jefferies
    Curry/Ajinca

Our future would be SICK

Augustin
    Mayo
    Chandler
    Balkman
    Ajinca

6th man
    Robinson

LOL...I love this team too much, its an obsession.

balkman cannot play the 4 spot, chandler would really have to step his game up to shine at the 3, and i dont think ajinca would make it in the nba as a center....but hey, i can be wrong...i would rather us drafting at the front and back court, rather than two back court players...if we can get mayo and kevin love, our lineup would be sick

marbury/nate
    mayo/crawford
    richardson/balkman
    love/lee
    curry/morris

Originally Posted by umynot
    Would love to get another pick! Even for Lee even though I much rather keep Lee and trade someone else! But 2 top 6 picks in this draft would be a blessing!

We can draft a combo of talent that would help our future! Want Mayo bad and can see him slipping! Hopefully! But if not Bayless is also a very talented PG with lots of speed! Kinda of reminds me of Rose even if Rose had a much better season! If we do get the 5th and 6th pick and Draft Bayless 5th I believe you cant go wrong with Gallinari or Alexander at 6!

Alexander is more raw as far as skill but damn he is so ****ing athletic! Gallinari for me would be a starter this year! He played Europes top League which is no joke and he dominated! He can score from anywhere! He is also very far from soft! Everyone who thinks that has not watched him play! Oh by the way he is only 19!!

Any combo of Mayo or Bayless and Gallinari or Alexander would be so great for us as a team!! Maybe all the miracles can happen and we rid ourselves of Curry or Randolph for even more picks in this draft!!
    i agree, a lot of people are underestimating gallinari....he is tough, and plays with heart...he resembles ginobli a lot more than the dirk comparison

12th man

Originally Posted by Toons
    balkman cannot play the 4 spot, chandler would really have to step his game up to shine at the 3, and i dont think ajinca would make it in the nba as a center....but hey, i can be wrong...i would rather us drafting at the front and back court, rather than two back court players...if we can get mayo and kevin love, our lineup would be sick

marbury/nate
    mayo/crawford
    richardson/balkman
    love/lee
    curry/morris
    Ajinca is Tyson Chandler with skill

You must love fat people, Richardson, Love, and Curry would be the fattest front court in NBA history.

I see more Dirk! He is 6 10 and can shoot better then he can jump! Ginnobli is more of a guard! But I see the comparison as far as Heart and passion but not his game! He can be a better slashing Dirk type who can also D up with heart!!

i would love to add alexander and westbrook
    mayo and westbrook would give us a young talented future starfilled backcourt
    westbrook and lopez would anchor us at the top and bottom
    gallinari has no spot on the knicks... chandler would be ahead of him and he should in no way be drafted ahead of the all around player who succeded in the big east (alexander)
    i dont know much about bayless
    either way i owuld definately do this trade because it would definately make us young and a future force and taking on cardinals contract is no harm for 2010
    and there is no guarentee lee will resign anyway

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Interesting thread

Even stronger are rumors that the Grizzlies are talking to a number of teams, including the Knicks, Blazers and Suns, about deals that would send the No. 5 pick to whomever is willing to take Brian Cardinal's awful contract (2 years, $13 million left). The latest buzz has the Knicks talking to Memphis about a deal that would send David Lee and the expiring contract of Malik Rose to Memphis for No. 5 and Cardinal.

Crazy rumor...we'll have the 5th and 6th? Damn...

Well that would eliviate the log jam at the four position for us. It would also mean that Walsh has tried every option to trade Randolph and no one is biten. I like this trade proposal, but I always ask myself would I like this deal if I were a fan of the other team, and truthfully I don't think this is a good move for the Griz. It appears they like Kevin Love so this would be them trading Lee for Love. But don't get me wrong I would love to see it.

WTF @ Chalmers at 12

Lopez @ 10?

I'm not really that high on Gallinari, I don't know how his attributes will translate to the NBA.

Guys like Bayless and Gordon are guys I want to stay away from, if we can't get Mayo, I'll draft it safe and get skilled sophmores like Augustin and Lopez.
    Originally Posted by Toons
    CAN WE PLEASE QUIT POSTING "IF" DRAFT PICK THREADS? ESPN DROPS A NEW MOCK DRAFT EVERY 2 DAYS.....THESE IF THREADS ARE THE SAME AS LAST YEAR, N THE YEAR BEFORE....LETS JUST WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY INSTEAD OF GETTING WORKED UP OVER SOME SPORTS ANALYST'S PREDICTIONS......WE ALL KNOW AT 6 WE WILL GET 1 OF A POSSIBLE 6 PLAYERS.....EVERY1 WONT LIKE THE DRAFT PICK, AND EVEN THEN, WE WONT BE ABLE TO SEE THE ROOKIES IN ACTION UNTIL OCTOBER....can thursday please come now????
    Well for the record ESPN does a Mock Draft every week hence the 1.0,2.0,3.0 etc. and yes there is a thread dedicated to anylizing that Mock Draft every week on this site. I don't think anyone is getting worked up, it is news about the Knicks so we discuss it! During the Summer League we will probably have Threads dedicated to players who may not even make the team (D. Nichols for example), why would we do such a thing a fan like you may ask.....Well the answer is that we love our team and if there is a new discussion to be had about The Knicks we all take part. The Knicks have a lottery pick this year (the Highest since the year we picked Kenny Sky Walker) so it is exciting and plenty of "IF Threads will be dedicated to it!

Now I ask what would this site be without "IF Threads". The premise of this site is for fans to air out their opinions and propositions for our team, as a result you get a lot of "IF Threads".