ESPN has us passing on Bayless and taking Gallinari

metrocard

Legend
Interesting thread

Even stronger are rumors that the Grizzlies are talking to a number of teams, including the Knicks, Blazers and Suns, about deals that would send the No. 5 pick to whomever is willing to take Brian Cardinal's awful contract (2 years, $13 million left). The latest buzz has the Knicks talking to Memphis about a deal that would send David Lee and the expiring contract of Malik Rose to Memphis for No. 5 and Cardinal.

Crazy rumor...we'll have the 5th and 6th? Damn...

WTF @ Chalmers at 12

Lopez @ 10?

I'm not really that high on Gallinari, I don't know how his attributes will translate to the NBA.

Guys like Bayless and Gordon are guys I want to stay away from, if we can't get Mayo, I'll draft it safe and get skilled sophmores like Augustin and Lopez.

i dont like that pick
out of all of 4 of the guys that ford mentioned the knicks being interested in id rather take westbrook bayless or alexander before we take gallinari
i think gallinari will be too soft in the nba

Toons

is the Bo$$
CAN WE PLEASE QUIT POSTING "IF" DRAFT PICK THREADS? ESPN DROPS A NEW MOCK DRAFT EVERY 2 DAYS.....THESE IF THREADS ARE THE SAME AS LAST YEAR, N THE YEAR BEFORE....LETS JUST WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY INSTEAD OF GETTING WORKED UP OVER SOME SPORTS ANALYST'S PREDICTIONS......WE ALL KNOW AT 6 WE WILL GET 1 OF A POSSIBLE 6 PLAYERS.....EVERY1 WONT LIKE THE DRAFT PICK, AND EVEN THEN, WE WONT BE ABLE TO SEE THE ROOKIES IN ACTION UNTIL OCTOBER....can thursday please come now????

GetRealistic

Starter
I'm not holding my breath on the Memphis trade actually happening. But the potential of adding a Joe Alexander and one the guards sounds nice to me.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
We have enough softies on this team already. We dont need to add any euro trash. Im sure this guy can score but can he defend? Lets not take a risk. We need someone who we know will be a key part of this franchise. Maciej lampe was suppose to be a lottery pick. We got him late in the 1st round i think. Wheres that piece of euro trash now? The next dirk? fukk outta here. I dont think mayo will be available but i like the idea of taking augustin, westbrook, and lopez would be my 3rd option. If we cant get mayo i think we should try to get another pick around 15 and draft brandon rush to replace crawford.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Speculation

As Toons noted, this is all speculation, but as Metro noted, it is interesting. Thursday night should be a lot of fun.

Much of the speculation appears to flow from Miami's apparent reservations about Beasley and its apparent interest in Mayo. if Miami really wants Mayo, it will likely have to deal with Minnesota or with whomever Minnesota might deal. Although it needs a big man, I see Minnesota taking Mayo and then perhaps shopping him to Miami. A lot of things will start falling into place at or after the third pick, i.e., after the Mayo pick.

If the Knicks were to get the 5th and 6th picks even with the loss of Lee, I am all for it. Cardinal's contract is for $6.3M in 2008 and $6.75M in 2009. It will not affect the 2010 cap. He can be bought out. The Knicks could have choices among Westbrook, Bayless, Alexander, Gallinari and Augustin. Not bad!

umynot

Benchwarmer
Would love to get another pick! Even for Lee even though I much rather keep Lee and trade someone else! But 2 top 6 picks in this draft would be a blessing!

We can draft a combo of talent that would help our future! Want Mayo bad and can see him slipping! Hopefully! But if not Bayless is also a very talented PG with lots of speed! Kinda of reminds me of Rose even if Rose had a much better season! If we do get the 5th and 6th pick and Draft Bayless 5th I believe you cant go wrong with Gallinari or Alexander at 6!

Alexander is more raw as far as skill but damn he is so fucking athletic! Gallinari for me would be a starter this year! He played Europes top League which is no joke and he dominated! He can score from anywhere! He is also very far from soft! Everyone who thinks that has not watched him play! Oh by the way he is only 19!!

Any combo of Mayo or Bayless and Gallinari or Alexander would be so great for us as a team!! Maybe all the miracles can happen and we rid ourselves of Curry or Randolph for even more picks in this draft!!

metrocard

Legend
Memphis wants an expiring contract and sees potential for Lee as their future PF

Memphis
Conley/Lowry
Miller/Crittenton
Gay/Warrick
Lee/Rose
Milicic/Brown

This works out for Memphis alright, Lee is really underrated and didn't get any touches under Isiah. Lee shoots 60% has a jumpshot, and is crafty in the post. He's a great passer, elite rebounder, and a great athlete. He has defensive limitations, which is where Darko would compliment. I could see Lee average 15 and 10 easily for Memphis.

What Memphis needs is Conley and Gay to reach that superstar level they're projected to reach, thats the only way they'll be contenders. It may take a could of years of developing and making the bench deeper, but this a good start and it gives them cap space for an all star signing.

As a Knick fan, I'm all over this deal.

I love Lee, but the 5th pick is worth alot. Cardinal expires 2010, so it doesn't goes by Walsh's plan of getting under the cap.

I'm hoping Mayo falls at 5, and we'll choose Augustin or trade with New Jersey for their 10 and 21 for the 5...I don't know, a lot of scenarios can be played. Knicks need a big man, a guy like Mayo(Bayless, Gordon, Westbrook aren't on Mayo's level) and a pure PG. My optimistic is view is we get all these guys, Augustin @ 10, a big man like Alexis Ajinca @ 21, and Mayo falling to the Knicks

But only one can dream, especially a deprived Knick fan like myself

Its also just a Chad Ford rumor, so not a whole lot behind it.

But if comes through...check this out

Marbury/Augustin/Robinson
Mayo/Crawford/Richardson
Chandler/Balkman
Randolph/Jefferies
Curry/Ajinca

Our future would be SICK

Augustin
Mayo
Chandler
Balkman
Ajinca

6th man
Robinson

LOL...I love this team too much, its an obsession.

Toons

is the Bo$$
balkman cannot play the 4 spot, chandler would really have to step his game up to shine at the 3, and i dont think ajinca would make it in the nba as a center....but hey, i can be wrong...i would rather us drafting at the front and back court, rather than two back court players...if we can get mayo and kevin love, our lineup would be sick

marbury/nate
mayo/crawford
richardson/balkman
love/lee
curry/morris

Toons

is the Bo$$
Would love to get another pick! Even for Lee even though I much rather keep Lee and trade someone else! But 2 top 6 picks in this draft would be a blessing!

We can draft a combo of talent that would help our future! Want Mayo bad and can see him slipping! Hopefully! But if not Bayless is also a very talented PG with lots of speed! Kinda of reminds me of Rose even if Rose had a much better season! If we do get the 5th and 6th pick and Draft Bayless 5th I believe you cant go wrong with Gallinari or Alexander at 6!

Alexander is more raw as far as skill but damn he is so fucking athletic! Gallinari for me would be a starter this year! He played Europes top League which is no joke and he dominated! He can score from anywhere! He is also very far from soft! Everyone who thinks that has not watched him play! Oh by the way he is only 19!!

Any combo of Mayo or Bayless and Gallinari or Alexander would be so great for us as a team!! Maybe all the miracles can happen and we rid ourselves of Curry or Randolph for even more picks in this draft!!

i agree, a lot of people are underestimating gallinari....he is tough, and plays with heart...he resembles ginobli a lot more than the dirk comparison

metrocard

Legend
balkman cannot play the 4 spot, chandler would really have to step his game up to shine at the 3, and i dont think ajinca would make it in the nba as a center....but hey, i can be wrong...i would rather us drafting at the front and back court, rather than two back court players...if we can get mayo and kevin love, our lineup would be sick

marbury/nate
mayo/crawford
richardson/balkman
love/lee
curry/morris

Ajinca is Tyson Chandler with skill

You must love fat people, Richardson, Love, and Curry would be the fattest front court in NBA history.

umynot

Benchwarmer
I see more Dirk! He is 6 10 and can shoot better then he can jump! Ginnobli is more of a guard! But I see the comparison as far as Heart and passion but not his game! He can be a better slashing Dirk type who can also D up with heart!!

i would love to add alexander and westbrook
mayo and westbrook would give us a young talented future starfilled backcourt
westbrook and lopez would anchor us at the top and bottom
gallinari has no spot on the knicks... chandler would be ahead of him and he should in no way be drafted ahead of the all around player who succeded in the big east (alexander)
i dont know much about bayless
either way i owuld definately do this trade because it would definately make us young and a future force and taking on cardinals contract is no harm for 2010
and there is no guarentee lee will resign anyway

New New York

Quiet Storm
Interesting thread

Even stronger are rumors that the Grizzlies are talking to a number of teams, including the Knicks, Blazers and Suns, about deals that would send the No. 5 pick to whomever is willing to take Brian Cardinal's awful contract (2 years, $13 million left). The latest buzz has the Knicks talking to Memphis about a deal that would send David Lee and the expiring contract of Malik Rose to Memphis for No. 5 and Cardinal.

Crazy rumor...we'll have the 5th and 6th? Damn...

Well that would eliviate the log jam at the four position for us. It would also mean that Walsh has tried every option to trade Randolph and no one is biten. I like this trade proposal, but I always ask myself would I like this deal if I were a fan of the other team, and truthfully I don't think this is a good move for the Griz. It appears they like Kevin Love so this would be them trading Lee for Love. But don't get me wrong I would love to see it.

WTF @ Chalmers at 12

Lopez @ 10?

I'm not really that high on Gallinari, I don't know how his attributes will translate to the NBA.

Guys like Bayless and Gordon are guys I want to stay away from, if we can't get Mayo, I'll draft it safe and get skilled sophmores like Augustin and Lopez.

CAN WE PLEASE QUIT POSTING "IF" DRAFT PICK THREADS? ESPN DROPS A NEW MOCK DRAFT EVERY 2 DAYS.....THESE IF THREADS ARE THE SAME AS LAST YEAR, N THE YEAR BEFORE....LETS JUST WAIT UNTIL THURSDAY INSTEAD OF GETTING WORKED UP OVER SOME SPORTS ANALYST'S PREDICTIONS......WE ALL KNOW AT 6 WE WILL GET 1 OF A POSSIBLE 6 PLAYERS.....EVERY1 WONT LIKE THE DRAFT PICK, AND EVEN THEN, WE WONT BE ABLE TO SEE THE ROOKIES IN ACTION UNTIL OCTOBER....can thursday please come now????

Well for the record ESPN does a Mock Draft every week hence the 1.0,2.0,3.0 etc. and yes there is a thread dedicated to anylizing that Mock Draft every week on this site. I don't think anyone is getting worked up, it is news about the Knicks so we discuss it! During the Summer League we will probably have Threads dedicated to players who may not even make the team (D. Nichols for example), why would we do such a thing a fan like you may ask.....Well the answer is that we love our team and if there is a new discussion to be had about The Knicks we all take part. The Knicks have a lottery pick this year (the Highest since the year we picked Kenny Sky Walker) so it is exciting and plenty of "IF Threads will be dedicated to it!

Now I ask what would this site be without "IF Threads". The premise of this site is for fans to air out their opinions and propositions for our team, as a result you get a lot of "IF Threads".

New New York

Quiet Storm
Oh Yeah I meant to reply to Metro....I hope this works out! I love David Lee, but That could land us mutiple picks, and then I wouldnt be afraid to take a shot at Gallinari or Westbrook if we can make another pick to minimize the shock if they turn out to be a bust

umynot

Benchwarmer
i would love to add alexander and westbrook
mayo and westbrook would give us a young talented future starfilled backcourt
westbrook and lopez would anchor us at the top and bottom
gallinari has no spot on the knicks... chandler would be ahead of him and he should in no way be drafted ahead of the all around player who succeded in the big east (alexander)
i dont know much about bayless
either way i owuld definately do this trade because it would definately make us young and a future force and taking on cardinals contract is no harm for 2010
and there is no guarentee lee will resign anyway

Ok I agree with half what you say! Mayo yes Westbrook no! Westbrook was ranked 100th before draft started! He might be nice but he is not nowhere near mayo or Bayless! 1 of the 2 will be there if we make the trade!
Alexander did dominate the big East & deserves mad props. If we were to draft him I would not be disappointed at all! But he is not further along then Gallinari! I understand you must of never seen him play that is understandable but dont listen too much on what is written about him he is much further along then Alexander! He has played & dominated grown men in Europe! We all know Bargani was a not worthy of #1 pick and that has hurt European players stock but this kid is the real deal! And he is far from soft he has heart and passion in his game!

Anyway fuck Brook Lopez and lets stick with one of these talented players who could end up as stars in this league!

BCKnicks

Rookie
Having picks 5 and 6 would be incredible, but I'm trying not to put too much stock in the rumor jsut so my hopes don't get too high.
I love DLee he is my favorite Knick at the moment, but I totally agree that Lee and taking on Cardinal's contract would be far too good an offer to pass up if we could set ourselves up with picks 5 and 6.
Doubt Mayo will be there at 5... I see the Wolves taking him but I do like Bayless a whole lot. Bayless reminds me a lot of Arenas in terms of his game and while he is not a pure passer, I think D'Antoni would have a lot of fun with a player with that kind of offensive talent.
And yes, if we select a guard we would need a forward as well and I think that both Gallinari and Alexander would be good picks. Gallinari would be a very fun player to watch. He is very smart and is not a soft player. From video I've seen he doesn't compare exactly to Dirk besides the fact that both are tall Europeans who can score. Gallinari definitely doesnt have Dirk's Shooting range and he does seem to like getting to the basket. I also like that he has played as a pro in Europe it makes for a good transition to the NBA game.
Alexander is an athletic freak but he cannot be written off as simply an athlete or a risky project. Everythign about Alexander suggests that he will flourish in the NBA because he is incredibly tough and has a stellar work ethic. His feel for the game is still developing so it's scary to think how good he can be when (not if) he puts in the work.
Cross your fingers everyone either way thursday is an exciting day for the blue and orange.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Memphis wants an expiring contract and sees potential for Lee as their future PF

Memphis
Conley/Lowry
Miller/Crittenton
Gay/Warrick
Lee/Rose
Milicic/Brown

This works out for Memphis alright, Lee is really underrated and didn't get any touches under Isiah. Lee shoots 60% has a jumpshot, and is crafty in the post. He's a great passer, elite rebounder, and a great athlete. He has defensive limitations, which is where Darko would compliment. I could see Lee average 15 and 10 easily for Memphis.

What Memphis needs is Conley and Gay to reach that superstar level they're projected to reach, thats the only way they'll be contenders. It may take a could of years of developing and making the bench deeper, but this a good start and it gives them cap space for an all star signing.

As a Knick fan, I'm all over this deal.

I love Lee, but the 5th pick is worth alot. Cardinal expires 2010, so it doesn't goes by Walsh's plan of getting under the cap.

I'm hoping Mayo falls at 5, and we'll choose Augustin or trade with New Jersey for their 10 and 21 for the 5...I don't know, a lot of scenarios can be played. Knicks need a big man, a guy like Mayo(Bayless, Gordon, Westbrook aren't on Mayo's level) and a pure PG. My optimistic is view is we get all these guys, Augustin @ 10, a big man like Alexis Ajinca @ 21, and Mayo falling to the Knicks

But only one can dream, especially a deprived Knick fan like myself

Its also just a Chad Ford rumor, so not a whole lot behind it.

But if comes through...check this out

Marbury/Augustin/Robinson
Mayo/Crawford/Richardson
Chandler/Balkman
Randolph/Jefferies
Curry/Ajinca

Our future would be SICK

Augustin
Mayo
Chandler
Balkman
Ajinca

6th man

Robinson

LOL...I love this team too much, its an obsession.

this team would be sick but in a couple of years is when they'll do damage

mayo isnt gunna fall
and six is still a push for dj
i like westbrook and alexander or alexander and then trade down with possibly the nets who are interested in lopez and gallinari then you can grab dj
this trade down could possibly be another oppotunity get rid of an unwanted contract like curry or randolph and if not maybe grab another pick for someone like ajinca or mcgee or jordan all very talented raw 7 footers

you still have a sick young lineup

marbury/ westbrook (or augustine)
crawford/ nate/ richardson
alexander/ chandler/ jeffries
randolph/ balkman
ajinca (or jordan or mcgee)/ curry

young talented room to grow and develope along with tradable players