ESPN has us passing on Bayless and taking Gallinari

Nyankee

Rookie
FO REAL.... WE BETTER NOT TAKE THAT ITALIAN GUY MANNNNNNN.... either OJ Mayo, Bayless, Westbrook, or DJ Augustine...

I think the knicks should definitely trade lee. he does have that much upside. he too slow to guard a 3 and too small to guard a 4. he cant shoot.

with the fifth pick they should take bayless if he is available. I hear they have lost interest in him but he is one of the best shooters in the draft plus he has a chance to be a good point guard. right now he will be a good combo guard. like an upgraded crawford. if hes gone they should take westbrook. hes not the shooter bayless is but he is a better defender. im not completely sold on him. but maybe with D'antoni's coaching hell become a true point.

with the 6th pick they should take alexander.No doubt about it no question. he can shoot, he can run the floor, and be perfect for the uptempo style they are gonna play. Plus he would take the sting off of trading lee. alot of fans are gnna be upset about getting rid of lee but getting alexander a guy from the big east and a guy the garden will love would be a great start to the new Knicks regime.

Kiyaman

Legend
All this two draft picks at 5 & 6 may sound good if OJ Mayo was one of those picks. However, who on the Knicks Roster will step-up to cover the BIG HOLE in the frontcourt PF & C position if David Lee is traded???

lanceroy

Benchwarmer
Interesting thread

Even stronger are rumors that the Grizzlies are talking to a number of teams, including the Knicks, Blazers and Suns, about deals that would send the No. 5 pick to whomever is willing to take Brian Cardinal's awful contract (2 years, $13 million left). The latest buzz has the Knicks talking to Memphis about a deal that would send David Lee and the expiring contract of Malik Rose to Memphis for No. 5 and Cardinal.

Crazy rumor...we'll have the 5th and 6th? Damn...

I've posted a few weeks after the lottery that I wouldn't mind us getting multiple top10 picks this coming draft. That supposed rumor of us letting go of David Lee for Memphis' 5th pick looks good, but I'd really rather that we had the 3rd pick. I don't care if our second pick is the 10th (in which spot we could still get DJ Augustine). So like I said, 3rd and 10th (or even 11th) would be 10 times better than 5th and 6th. Regardless, I'm not really that certain who we could pick at 5th and 6th. Mayo would really likely be taken by then, and from my earlier posts before the lottery, I'm really high on Mayo. I'm not much of a fan of Lopez. 6th might be a little high for Augustine, but I guess he'd be a better pick for us than most that would likely still be available. On the other hand I think Bayless would play better than most people think hence I wouldn't mind picking him up over Augustine too if he's still available.

So just to repeat myself, I'm all for getting Memphis' 5th pick. Let's start fresh. And start young. And please please let Mayo land on our doorstep!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
All this two draft picks at 5 & 6 may sound good if OJ Mayo was one of those picks. However, who on the Knicks Roster will step-up to cover the BIG HOLE in the frontcourt PF & C position if David Lee is traded???

Agreed. Everyone in the draft past Rose, Beasley and Mayo is a gamble. Why trade a proven double/double and hustle player that will work hard on his game every year to move up one spot in the draft? Not to mention trading away Malik's expiring contract. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Also, why is everybody here going nuts over Bayless or Gordon? We need a true point guard. Not another SG in a PG's body. We have enough of those. I don't think a PG should be on the top of our list to draft either. We need 3 point shooters and athletic shot blockers in the post. Same sh*t as last year. We still haven't filled those voids. A decent perimeter defender would be nice too.

metrocard

Legend
Anyway fuck Brook Lopez and lets stick with one of these talented players who could end up as stars in this league!

Or bust.

You really need to revulate Lopez before you doubt him. He's the most talented center in this draft.

LJ4ptplay, thats a random prediction.

There will be a lot of capable starters in this draft, I don't see much of a gamble in guys like Bayless, Augustin, Lopez, or Alexander. Most scouts know these guys have starter potential.

Everyone needs to stop projecting to drafting the next Wade, Bosh or Roy or Paul, you have a good draft if you get a productive starter. They don't need to be an all star all the time. Alot of people really have poor judgement, and thats why a lot of people look stupid when it comes draft day because they suck the dick of the word potential and upside and forget all about work ethic, skill and feel for the game.

6th isn't high for Augustin at all. He's the best pure PG in the draft and averaged 20 and 6 in the elite Big 12. He had a great freshman year and a superior sophmore year, unlike Westbrook. Augustin can only get better and has the best UPSIDE because of his FEEL for the game, you can't teach that.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Or bust.

You really need to revulate Lopez before you doubt him. He's the most talented center in this draft.

LJ4ptplay, thats a random prediction.

There will be a lot of capable starters in this draft, I don't see much of a gamble in guys like Bayless, Augustin, Lopez, or Alexander. Most scouts know these guys have starter potential.

Everyone needs to stop projecting to drafting the next Wade, Bosh or Roy or Paul, you have a good draft if you get a productive starter. They don't need to be an all star all the time. Alot of people really have poor judgement, and thats why a lot of people look stupid when it comes draft day because they suck the dick of the word potential and upside and forget all about work ethic, skill and feel for the game.

6th isn't high for Augustin at all. He's the best pure PG in the draft and averaged 20 and 6 in the elite Big 12. He had a great freshman year and a superior sophmore year, unlike Westbrook. Augustin can only get better and has the best UPSIDE because of his FEEL for the game, you can't teach that.

I like Augustin because he is the purest PG in the draft. The only thing that worries me, and many NBA scouts, is his size. But I still think he will be a good player in the NBA.

Brook Lopez will be another Andrew Bogut. He's not worthy of such a high pick and other people are starting to realize that, which is why he's falling in the draft order.

I agree about going after a productive starter and not focusing on a super-star steal at #6. Past the top 3, we should focus on our needs and who will work best in the system we're going to play.

I think I'm the only one who still likes Gallineri. He's a 6'10 SF with great passing skills, great 3 point shooting and good penetration skills. Plus, besides Augustin, I think he will fit the best in D'Antoni's system.

What are your thoughts on Ricky Rubio for next year? Do you think Augustin will be better then Rubio?

metrocard

Legend
Bogut is pretty good.

If we don't get Augustin this year, but get Rubio next year, it'll be insane. Brandon Jennings is another special PG who comapres to an athletic as Kenny Anderson(I love NYC PG's). Jennings is a kid from Cali who might not even go to the school who recruited him. He doesn't like the 1 and done idea of hiting up college and going straight to the draft. He wants MONEY and guranteed money right away. His plan is to go to the NBDL or Europe, play their for a while and get signed. We may not even have to DRAFT this guy. He's the best American PG prospect next year and probably the next 2-3 years. He's been scouted sice he was a freshman.

Rubio is a lock for the top 5, dude is 17 and is dominating grown ass men in Europe. He plays like a 28 year old vet but has the talent of a top 5 recruit in USA.

Either way, the future looks bright for New York if we keep our picks.

BTW Gallinari measured at 6"10 without shoes...He'll be 6"11 with shoes. A 6'11 shooting guard who can handle the ball like a PG and plays like Andres Nicioni...thats pretty interesting.

funny his style is like a SF version of Dirk.

Don't think he's slow at all
When you're 6"11 and beating guards off the dribble, you're pretty quick for your size.

What concerns me is his defensive limitation, and his ability to play in the post.

Last edited:

TunerAddict

Starter
I'm really starting to think height isn't important. Its length thats important. Thats why Mike Beasley being only 6'7" isn't a big deal. He is long. Hopefully if we take Gall he'll be long. Also, if we end up with DJ, lets hope he is as well. Having a long neck doesn't help, but having long ass arms does. Think AI, short but his hands reach his knees when standing.

Wingspan and reach are looking to be the real measurements that matter and not standing height.

metrocard

Legend
Beasley is more of the 6"8 and 6"9 range, I see him being listed at 6"9 in the NBA.

Kobe said himself he's really 6"4 or 6"5, but he's been listed at 6"6 and 6"7 for most of his career.

If Mayo somehow goes two to the Heat why not go after Beasley at 3? I love Rose but given the right team/environment I think Beasley can far and away turn into the best player from this draft. Given his carefree, comedic personality I think he could handle the pressures of New York and that same pressure will also keep him in line.

I'd love to get Mayo but if that doesn't happen I'd go for Westbrook. No way I want Augustin at 6 and Gallinari I don't see them picking. Westbrook plays d and that's what we need the most. I love the Rondo comparisons.