Great News: Crawford, Curry, Randolph's next destination

metrocard

Legend
dumpster.jpg

As Donnie Walsh's first draft at the helm of the Knicks approaches, he is faced with a complicated set of choices.

In an attempt to revamp the Knick roster and create salary cap flexibility, Walsh has been shopping the three Knicks with the largest contracts: Zach Randolph, Eddy Curry and Jamal Crawford.

And Walsh is testing the possibility of trading away the number 6 pick in a deal that would free the Knicks of an undesirable contract. "I haven?t seen that I?d be able to do that," Walsh said.

Assuming the Knicks keep their pick, selecting the 19-year-old Italian forward Danilo Gallinari may give Knicks fans a flashback to the infamous Fr?d?ric Weis pick; taking Arizona?s Jerryd Bayless, UCLA's Russell Westbrook or Indiana's Eric Gordon would put another combo guard on the roster; and while DJ Augustin of Texas is a quality point guard who could very well be available.

Acquiring the point guard to key Mike D'Antoni's system may be easier to accomplish via trade. TJ Ford seems to be available.

Walsh and D'Antoni have made it known that they would like to part ways with Stephon Marbury. But trading Marbury for a longer-term contract would be dubious if the team is planning to create salary cap space. It is unknown whether Walsh would buy Marbury out.

Walsh FTW!!!!

New New York

Quiet Storm
Destroy and Rebuild, or like MSG says Blow it the F@$% Up

Cant make an omelett without breaking a few eggs!

Isiah's major flaw was his something for nothing type trades which usually meant we were trading garbage players in the final years of their contracts for players who atleast looked like on paper they could do big things for us. Now Walsh is taking the oppisite approach in trying to dump players who are doing statistically well for expiring contracts. With this trade philosophy no player is off limits to me. I like Wislon Chandler, Nate, and Lee but could part ways with any of them if it means us getting under the cap. Now hear me good, I don't want to be under the cap just for the sake of getting Lebron, I think the odds we land Lebron even with us being under the cap is 10-1, but being under the cap means we can reconstruct our team again. I think this is the approach that Donnie is taking.

metrocard

Legend

Isiah's major flaw was his something for nothing type trades which usually meant we were trading garbage players in the final years of their contracts for players who atleast looked like on paper they could do big things for us. Now Walsh is taking the oppisite approach in trying to dump players who are doing statistically well for expiring contracts. With this trade philosophy no player is off limits to me. I like Wislon Chandler, Nate, and Lee but could part ways with any of them if it means us getting under the cap. Now hear me good, I don't want to be under the cap just for the sake of getting Lebron, I think the odds we land Lebron even with us being under the cap is 10-1, but being under the cap means we can reconstruct our team again. I think this is the approach that Donnie is taking.

great stuff

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

at least he's trying to build a winner if signing average players to big contracts didn't work or trading expiring contracts for long-term contracts didn't work then lets give rebuilding the right way a shot it might just work

Akamu

The King
dumpster.jpg

Walsh FTW!!!!

LoL!! I can see Zachs head underneath the bud light box!

If this is true and we get rid of them and make out good in the draft I will buy a Knicks Jersey and it's been YEARS since I had one. I had an Oakley jersey way back.

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer

Great post,You definatley see the big picture that you cant get something for nothing in this league REBUILDING is not an easy thing when there is a salary cap involved and your gonna have to take some hits to get where you want to go.

Blumatic

Rotation player

That is the smartest post I've seen posted here. Thank you.