Results 1 to 15 of 155

Thread: The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Exclamation The Bible - Proof that Christianity is True

    I'm a christian and i have many friends that aren't and I've always wanted to know more about my own belief so i can tell others because if a person would just read what the bible states it's like a blind man finally seeing.

    I stumbled across a site that basically had an answer for every question against the bible and every answer had the bible proving correct. If you don't believe me check out the site. And if you want to know more about a subject or topic from the bible there are links to explain further detail, a very good site..i hope some people open their eyes and read this inofrmation carefully.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    Administrator rady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Romania
    Posts
    3,828
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I'd still recommend [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  3. #3
    The King Akamu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    720
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by rady
    I'd still recommend [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    God leaves it up to the individual to choose weather to believe in him or not. You will come across many different stories, lies, beliefs, worshipped figures, non-beliefs, and anything that can deceive and or mislead you. Try to differentiate the lies from the truth.

    Read the Bible, look at the different documentaries and research the different religions around the world.

    If you seek facts or truth, read the Bible as a reference to fall back on.

    After you watch "Zeitgeist" the misleading documentary, watch these:

    Zeitgeist Refuted (1 of 10):

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    ZEITGEIST HOAX EXPOSED WITH PROOF:
    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Zeitgeist Debunked (1 of 5):

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Make your own conclusion-

  4. #4
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by rady
    I'd still recommend [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

    i doubt you checked out the site and read it

  5. #5
    The Gold Mac MSGKnickz33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    4,474
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    I'm a christian and i have many friends that aren't and I've always wanted to know more about my own belief so i can tell others because if a person would just read what the bible states it's like a blind man finally seeing.

    I stumbled across a site that basically had an answer for every question against the bible and every answer had the bible proving correct. If you don't believe me check out the site. And if you want to know more about a subject or topic from the bible there are links to explain further detail, a very good site..i hope some people open their eyes and read this inofrmation carefully.

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
    I agree with you paul and i like that website

  6. #6
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    You don't like to mention that fact the Christianity was formed from a religion(Judaism) that borrowed from many different cultures and pagan religions, adapting and even sometimes blantantly copying their myths ? Or how about the fact that in early Judaism there were other gods besides Yahweh. Id ask you the name of the supposed son of God, but you'd google it since you don't know jack.

    Oh, and there isn't such a thing as proof. You're stating that there is indeed black and white, definition between truth and lie, while the contrary is true. How can you prove anything? You can't.

  7. #7
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    You don't like to mention that fact the Christianity was formed from a religion(Judaism) that borrowed from many different cultures and pagan religions, adapting and even sometimes blantantly copying their myths ? Or how about the fact that in early Judaism there were other gods besides Yahweh. Id ask you the name of the supposed son of God, but you'd google it since you don't know jack.

    Oh, and there isn't such a thing as proof. You're stating that there is indeed black and white, definition between truth and lie, while the contrary is true. How can you prove anything? You can't.

    There were other Gods to people in the world, even some of the Jews turned their back on Jehovah to worship other gods and died for it. Does not mean the bible is any less true because imperfect people failed to follow the true path does it?

    And Christianity is the same as true judaism. TRUE Christianity anyways. But it's the recognition of the Messiah that God sent to save us. But the basic principles are the same as TRUE judaism was.

    Bible has prophecy, scientific facts, and others to show proof that is is truly the word of God.

  8. #8
    Veteran TunerAddict's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    1) Show me the facts.

    2) Yahweh has a wife, Asherah. The jews just suddenly forgot about her when they decided to make it monotheistic.

    3)Jehovah was a name created to eliminate confusion becuase of the many titles of the jewish god. He was called Yahweh, El, Ea/Enki, etc... The bible uses the word elohim, which is hebrew for gods. That is an 's' there, so its plural. Throughout the hebrew bible it talks about the gods creating man in their image, going down and confusing their language.

    4) Both the Jewish and Christian bible have been changed greatly since their creation. By both mistranslation, and human intent. The only holy book to remain unchanged is the Koran. It has remained the same since its inception. Thats why to be a true Muslim you need to know Arabic to truly understand the Koran.

    5)The story of the Deluge was already apparent in Sumerian and Babylonian culture far before Judaism was created.

    6)Tower of Babel was also in those same religions and others.

    7) Ten Commandments are stolen from the Egyptian Book of The Dead.

    8) When Emporer Constantine took Christianity as the state religion of the roman empire, he made certain changes to it so that he would still be worshipped for his position and emporer. He passed on a skewed Christianity to the Roman people that still exists today.

    9)When the Greeks translated the New Testament they added their own values into its pages, passing on their own beliefs. Those translations that were altered were later translated into English and are part of the current Christian doctrines.

    10)Evolution, enough said.

  9. #9
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    1,221
    Rep Power
    9

    Default K facts.

    Originally Posted by TunerAddict
    1) Show me the facts.

    2) Yahweh has a wife, Asherah. The jews just suddenly forgot about her when they decided to make it monotheistic.

    3)Jehovah was a name created to eliminate confusion becuase of the many titles of the jewish god. He was called Yahweh, El, Ea/Enki, etc... The bible uses the word elohim, which is hebrew for gods. That is an 's' there, so its plural. Throughout the hebrew bible it talks about the gods creating man in their image, going down and confusing their language.

    4) Both the Jewish and Christian bible have been changed greatly since their creation. By both mistranslation, and human intent. The only holy book to remain unchanged is the Koran. It has remained the same since its inception. Thats why to be a true Muslim you need to know Arabic to truly understand the Koran.

    5)The story of the Deluge was already apparent in Sumerian and Babylonian culture far before Judaism was created.

    6)Tower of Babel was also in those same religions and others.

    7) Ten Commandments are stolen from the Egyptian Book of The Dead.

    8) When Emporer Constantine took Christianity as the state religion of the roman empire, he made certain changes to it so that he would still be worshipped for his position and emporer. He passed on a skewed Christianity to the Roman people that still exists today.

    9)When the Greeks translated the New Testament they added their own values into its pages, passing on their own beliefs. Those translations that were altered were later translated into English and are part of the current Christian doctrines.

    10)Evolution, enough said.
    I'll run you through a bible prohecy, and see if you can deny this is a fact.

    Daniel 8:3-7 speaks of a vision he was given concerning a prophecy of a two horned ram, and a hairy he-goat with one single long horn. It speaks of the Ram being struck down by the goat.

    Later in Daniel 8:20 The ram is said to be a dual world power at the time, the Medo Persian empire. The he goat with one long horn is said to be the King of Greece.

    In Daniel 8:8 it says That as soon as the male goat gets mighty, it's horn is broken and there proceeded now four horns instead of the one. What would that mean?

    In Daniel 8:21-22 it explains that the long horn of the he goat stood for the first King of Greece. Remember now in 8 it said that the he goat gets mighty, then the horn (or first king) gets broken. History has proven this to be accurate, because the King that defeats the Medes and Persians just happened to be.. Alexander the great, who died (or was broken) near the hieght of his power.

    Now what of these four horns that would replace the one? Well history has proven this prophecy right again! Alexander had children and family, so rightfully one of his heirs would inherit power. Problem is, they all conspired to have eachother killed, so the power never stayed within the family. So what happened? Well eventually 4 of Alexander the greats generals took over a piece of his kingdom... JUST LIKE THE BIBLE SAID WOULD HAPPEN!

    Now, these are all facts that history supports. How could a book predict such a thing if it is not backed by God?

    Does evolution give FACTS? Or is it really theory? Does the Koran have this same prohecy in it? Does any other book?

    And again on evolution, since you clearly believe in it. What was the single organism that was just by chance happened to form that produced such magnificent things? And if you found one, what did it form from? How did what caused it to become a living organism come into existence? How did it know that the earth would need just the right amount of carbon dioxide and oxygen to support life? Or h20 as well? How bout gravity? The invisible force that allows us to move freely, run and jump, yet its strong enough to not allow us to float into the atmosphere that we'd die. When does chaos ever produce order? That is basically evolution. Chaos producing order.

Similar Threads

  1. Marbury blog
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Jul 24, 2007, 17:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •